Windows 10 October 2018 Update version 1809 Now Re-Released

Page 66 of 78 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876 ... LastLast
  1. Josey Wales's Avatar
    Posts : 16,653
    Win 10 RS5 64 Bit
       1 Week Ago #650

    Access Denied said: View Post
    I was in the middle of a clean install of 1809 adding back all my "data" to programs couple weeks ago. One program would not accept a copy of the files, no matter what I tried. I made an MR image of my clean install in progress... restored the MR image I made prior to the clean install.... exported the data using a different method... restored the clean install in progress and finished up. "MR such a life saver!"
    Yes is more so if you are using Windows 10.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2. Compumind's Avatar
    Posts : 365
    Windows 7 Pro, 10 Pro, Various Linux Builds, Internet Security
       1 Week Ago #651

    Hi folks -

    Any news on when 1809 will be pushed via WU for my 1803?

    Thanks.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3.    1 Week Ago #652

    Compumind said: View Post
    Hi folks -

    Any news on when 1809 will be pushed via WU for my 1803?

    Thanks.
    Thanks for asking that - I was about to trawl through 66 pages thinking that I must've missed it.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4. Brink's Avatar
    Posts : 34,372
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro build 18290
    Thread Starter
       1 Week Ago #653

    Compumind said: View Post
    Hi folks -

    Any news on when 1809 will be pushed via WU for my 1803?

    Thanks.

    Hello Brian,

    Unless you are affected by one of the "Upgrade block in place" issues listed in the Current Status table on the first post, it should be rolling out via Windows Update eventually.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  5. Barman58's Avatar
    Posts : 2,837
    Windows 10 Pro x64 1809 - 17763.134 XP/Vista/Win7/Win8.1 in VM for testing
       1 Week Ago #654

    Microsoft has stated that they are not releasing on an even rollout, where a system has a potential issue with the upgrade these will be held back until last [or should I say Later]. They do not wish to se a repeat of the initail release issues with lost files or something similar. It may be that a particular brand and model has shown a tendency to fail then that model will be blocked until everything is sorted
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  6.    1 Week Ago #655

    Barman58 said: View Post
    Microsoft has stated that they are not releasing on an even rollout, where a system has a potential issue with the upgrade these will be held back until last [or should I say Later]. They do not wish to se a repeat of the initail release issues with lost files or something similar. It may be that a particular brand and model has shown a tendency to fail then that model will be blocked until everything is sorted
    and to @Brink as well
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  7. Compumind's Avatar
    Posts : 365
    Windows 7 Pro, 10 Pro, Various Linux Builds, Internet Security
       1 Week Ago #656

    Hmm...

    There's no real rush, just wanted to get a better time frame.
    I forced a manual WU and nothing.

    Just hope that my HP printers aren't affected again.

    I'm imaging on a daily basis.

    Hoping that Microsoft will invent a read-only OS, lol.

      My ComputerSystem Spec


  8. Posts : 11
    Windows 10 1809 version .167
       1 Week Ago #657

    VBF said: View Post
    and to @Brink as well
    Got Windows 10 1809 version .167 on an HP All-In-One 4GB Ram, 1TB HD Intel 620 graphics as my main OS. So far, all of the versions I have installed have been stable. Wish they would get the problems solved and just decide on a version. Yes, I know. Just that nobody talks about their systems working.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  9.    1 Week Ago #658

    BobbyK said: View Post
    Got Windows 10 1809 version .167 on an HP All-In-One 4GB Ram, 1TB HD Intel 620 graphics as my main OS. So far, all of the versions I have installed have been stable. Wish they would get the problems solved and just decide on a version. Yes, I know. Just that nobody talks about their systems working.
    "Yes, I know. Just that nobody talks about their systems working" That would be no challenge and we wouldn't have the wonderful friends or need for this forum.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  10. Posts : 11
    Windows 10 1809 version .167
       1 Week Ago #659

    Stitch194 said: View Post
    "Yes, I know. Just that nobody talks about their systems working" That would be no challenge and we wouldn't have the wonderful friends or need for this forum.
    Guess you are right, just the amount of talk has gone way done. I, like a lot of others, like to browse to see the problems others are having to see if I can duplicate it on my system. And to see their fixes, if any can be done.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 
Page 66 of 78 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876 ... LastLast

Related Threads
Is this seriously still not fixed and made it to the final release yesterday? I still see completely inaccurate CPU load figures in task manager...
Bluescreen After 1809 October Update in BSOD Crashes and Debugging
I updated my computer to the new October 1809 update and everything went fine. Everything seemed to work just fine, but after I turned off the computer and started it up today I got this bluescreen. Windows 10 would not boot the first time, I shut...
Source: What's new in printing in Windows 10, version 1809 - Microsoft Tech Community - 267182 See also: Windows 10 October 2018 Update now available - Windows 10 Forums Windows 10 version 1809 update history - Known incompatibilities...
Source: What's new for IT pros in Windows 10, version 1809 - Microsoft Tech Community - 263909 See also: Windows 10 October 2018 Update now available - Windows 10 Forums Find out what is new in Windows 10 October 2018 Update and Office -...
Source: .NET Core October 2018 Update | .NET Blog
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:30.
Find Us