Current Status of Windows 10 October 2018 Update version 1809

  1. Winuser's Avatar
    Posts : 7,001
    Windows 10 Pro Insider
       #980

    sgage said:
    They are being pulled, by Wu on your machine. It's semantics, that's all. In computer science 'push' means something specific. Don't worry about it - Merry Christmas!
    You say WU is pulling and I say MS is pushing they're updates if we want them or not. I guess we can agree that we both look at it differently. Merry Christmas to you and your family! :)
      My Computers

  2. jacatdilly's Avatar
    Posts : 28
    Windows 10
       #981

    Pushed to our computer automatically for installation

    Pulled when we the customer want it installed

    I think it's a little like Kanban


    Happy Holidays
      My Computer

  3. Steve C's Avatar
    Posts : 6,371
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
       #982

    Ground Sloth said:
    I knew that Windows Update had pushed it out to some computers, but I was curious if that number was still small.

    If you click Check for updates and something starts downloading that you don't want, is there a way to stop it?
    Defer feature updates if you have the Pro version else consider upgrading to the Pro version
      My Computers

  4. Wynona's Avatar
    Posts : 28,122
    Windows 10 20H2 Build 19042.928
       #983

    CountMike said:
    So, computer pulls, MS pushes and you are not getting anything.
    Kinda like a pushme pullyou.
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 21
    Windows 10
       #984

    Guys I know this is not topic related but maybe it has something to do with the 1809 version.Does anyone know what Windows.WARP.JITService.exe is and if it is a legitimate windows file? Today was the first time I saw this process.I did some malware scans all came back clean. I searched a little and I didn't found much about it. It has no description and it's not signed by microsoft that's why I found it a bit strange.Does anybody know? Sorry again for this off topic question.
      My Computer

  6. flhthemi's Avatar
    Posts : 237
    Windows 10 Pro
       #985

    Jigsaw99 said:
    Guys I know this is not topic related but maybe it has something to do with the 1809 version.Does anyone know what Windows.WARP.JITService.exe is and if it is a legitimate windows file? Today was the first time I saw this process.I did some malware scans all came back clean. I searched a little and I didn't found much about it. It has no description and it's not signed by microsoft that's why I found it a bit strange.Does anybody know? Sorry again for this off topic question.
    I found this: WARP It might help you.
      My Computer


  7. Posts : 21
    Windows 10
       #986

    flhthemi said:
    I found this: WARP It might help you.
    Thanks for the reply! By looking at this, I think that this must be a legitimate Microsoft .exe.I can't really understand its use or what triggers it(for the past 2 hours it hasn't showed up) but I don't think it's malware or something like that. If anyone has better knowledge about this process please share it.Thanks again !
      My Computer

  8. slicendice's Avatar
    Posts : 4,645
    Windows 10 Pro x64 20H2 Build 19042.906 (Branch: Release Preview)
       #987

    Jigsaw99 said:
    Thanks for the reply! By looking at this, I think that this must be a legitimate Microsoft .exe.I can't really understand its use or what triggers it(for the past 2 hours it hasn't showed up) but I don't think it's malware or something like that. If anyone has better knowledge about this process please share it.Thanks again !
    Rasterization is a technique used to render graphics on the screen. WARP is exactly that. WARP.JITService is the .NET version of the Advanced Rasterisation service that compiles .NET code in real time to machine code, so that the GPU or CPU can understand what it should do.

    The Windows DirectX API uses this service.
      My Computers


  9. Posts : 21
    Windows 10
       #988

    slicendice said:
    Rasterization is a technique used to render graphics on the screen. WARP is exactly that. WARP.JITService is the .NET version of the Advanced Rasterisation service that compiles .NET code in real time to machine code, so that the GPU or CPU can understand what it should do.

    The Windows DirectX API uses this service.
    Hello thank you for the detailed answer. So I guess I can relax about it right ? It's not malware or something.I'm just not a tech expert so I really can't understand deeply what you said so I just need to know if there is anything wrong with my computer.
      My Computer

  10. slicendice's Avatar
    Posts : 4,645
    Windows 10 Pro x64 20H2 Build 19042.906 (Branch: Release Preview)
       #989

    Jigsaw99 said:
    Hello thank you for the detailed answer. So I guess I can relax about it right ? It's not malware or something.I'm just not a tech expert so I really can't understand deeply what you said so I just need to know if there is anything wrong with my computer.
    Yep, it's part of latest DirectX features that games and also Windows itself uses. There's nothing to worry about.
      My Computers


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:32.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums