Current Status of Windows 10 October 2018 Update version 1809

  1. Brink's Avatar
    Posts : 56,331
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro for Workstations build 21359
    Thread Starter
       #680

    Update for current status of "Upgrade block in place" for Morphisec issue.

    Date Current Status Affected Platforms Details
    December 6, 2018 4:45 PM PT Upgrade block in place
    • Windows 10, version 1809
    • Windows Server 2019
    • Windows Server, version 1809
    Microsoft and Morphisec have identified an issue on devices that have installed Morphisec Protector or another application that uses the Morphisec Software Development Kit (SDK) including: Cisco AMP for Endpoints. These applications may impact customers’ ability to use the ‘Save As…’ dialog when saving documents in Microsoft Office applications. Saving of files is not impacted. (32-bit versions only)

    Resolved: Morphisec and Cisco have released updated versions of their applications to address this issue. We recommend customers update to these minimum versions before attempting to attempting to upgrade to Windows 10, version 1809:

    • Morphisec Protector version 2.4.8
    • Cisco AMP for Endpoints version 6.2.3.10814

    An upgrade block remains in place for earlier versions of the applications than those listed above.
    Last edited by Brink; 07 Dec 2018 at 12:49.
      My Computers


  2. Posts : 66
    Windows 10 Pro
       #681

    Still waiting ... :)
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 1,104
    win 10 pro x64 os build 20H2
       #682

    Brink said:
    Update for current status of "Upgrade block in place" for Morphisec issue.

    Date Current Status Affected Platforms Details
    December 6, 2018 4:45 PM PT Upgrade block in place
    • Windows 10, version 1809
    • Windows Server 2019
    • Windows Server, version 1809
    Microsoft and Morphisec have identified an issue on devices that have installed Morphisec Protector or another application that uses the Morphisec Software Development Kit (SDK) including: Cisco AMP for Endpoints. These applications may impact customers’ ability to use the ‘Save As…’ dialog when saving documents in Microsoft Office applications. Saving of files is not impacted. (32-bit versions only)

    Resolved: Morphisec and Cisco have released updated versions of their applications to address this issue. We recommend customers update to these minimum versions before attempting to attempting to upgrade to Windows 10, version 1809:

    • Morphisec Protector version 2.4.8
    • Cisco AMP for Endpoints version 6.2.3.10814

    An upgrade block remains in place for earlier versions of the applications than those listed above.

    how do you tell if anything you have from third party uses this ??
      My Computer

  4. Brink's Avatar
    Posts : 56,331
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro for Workstations build 21359
    Thread Starter
       #683

    Tonyb said:
    how do you tell if anything you have from third party uses this ??
    It's for if you have older versions of the apps below.

    Morphisec Protector version 2.4.8

    Cisco AMP for Endpoints version 6.2.3.10814
      My Computers


  5. Posts : 1,104
    win 10 pro x64 os build 20H2
       #684

    nope nothing like that installed so strange i have none of the upgrade blocks and i have still not received this update
      My Computer

  6. jamis's Avatar
    Posts : 465
    Windows10 Home 64 bit v. 2004 bld. 19041.867
       #685

    GatsbyGlen said:
    Still waiting ... :)
    As am I, but WU did auto update another KB4023057 last night at 7:58 PM EST. This is the second or third one my system has received since the initial release of v.1809.
      My Computer


  7. Posts : 1,104
    win 10 pro x64 os build 20H2
       #686

    Same thing here
      My Computer

  8. IronZorg89's Avatar
    Posts : 2,242
    Windows 10 pro x64-bit
       #687

    jamis said:
    As am I, but WU did auto update another KB4023057 last night at 7:58 PM EST. This is the second or third one my system has received since the initial release of v.1809.
    Tonyb said:
    Same thing here
    As recommended by MS in the first page of this thread:



    [/QUOTE]
    On November 13, 2018, we will begin the re-release of the Windows 10 October Update (version 1809), Windows Server 2019, and Windows Server, version 1809.
    We encourage you to wait until the feature update is offered to your device automatically
    [/QUOTE]



    In the meantime, it would be a good idea to see if, by inadvertence, you have put some restrictions in the way you receive your updates, like in Windows Updates & Delivery Optimization Advanced Options:

    Current Status of Windows 10 October 2018 Update version 1809-delivery-optimization-advances-options.pngCurrent Status of Windows 10 October 2018 Update version 1809-windows-updates-advancd-options.png

    Cheers!
      My Computers

  9. Josey Wales's Avatar
    Posts : 24,737
    Win 10 Pro 19043.928
       #688

    I came back from the store turned on my PC and surprise , surprise MS removed me from the RP..
      My Computer

  10. magilla's Avatar
    Posts : 3,118
    Windows 10 and windows insider
       #689

    Josey Wales said:
    I came back from the store turned on my PC and surprise , surprise MS removed me from the RP..
    What does that mean, Josey Wales? You no longer receive release preview?
      My Computer


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 16:25.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums