Current Status of Windows 10 October 2018 Update version 1809

  1. IronZorg89's Avatar
    Posts : 2,322
    Windows 10 pro x64-bit
       #360

    @PrivaycFreak,
    Thanks to you too. I didn't see your post until now. We were probalbly cross-poting. Anyhow..
      My Computers


  2. Posts : 1,868
    W10 pro x64 20H2 Build 19042.610
       #361

    tomseys said:
    I tried 1809 again and at first I thought it would work but a few things bothered me enough that I went back to 1803:

    1. Brightness issue. Brightness will drop to 50% on restart or boot. Issue will go away temporarily for a few restarts/boots but then it comes back.
    @tomseys I can confirm after having done a 100% clean install today and applying CU KB4467708 to bring to latest build that the brightness bug is still present. It seems to be triggered by certain combinations of events, however for the most part once the installation is finalised and once all restarts and disk cleans have stopped the issue seems to fade into the background until such time as you do something to provoke it.

    But fixed it 'aint.
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 724
    Windows 10 Home - Version 2004 - Build 19041.450
       #362

    I left feedback about this "background accent color bug" in 1809 a month or so ago but it didn't get any upvotes so I made a new one:

    https://aka.ms/AA38ufh

    Current Status of Windows 10 October 2018 Update version 1809-capture2.png

    1803 (and previous)
    Current Status of Windows 10 October 2018 Update version 1809-new.png

    1809
    Current Status of Windows 10 October 2018 Update version 1809-two.png
    Last edited by tomseys; 18 Nov 2018 at 04:12.
      My Computers


  4. Posts : 724
    Windows 10 Home - Version 2004 - Build 19041.450
       #363

    Mooly said:
    @tomseys I can confirm after having done a 100% clean install today and applying CU KB4467708 to bring to latest build that the brightness bug is still present. It seems to be triggered by certain combinations of events, however for the most part once the installation is finalised and once all restarts and disk cleans have stopped the issue seems to fade into the background until such time as you do something to provoke it.

    But fixed it 'aint.
    Oh ok thank you Mooly. Yeah it happens on a friends HP laptop (that has 1809) very infrequently now but still occasionally it will get dim. I saw it a couple of times just using it one day on my laptop. This is with the WU version.
    Last edited by tomseys; 18 Nov 2018 at 04:14.
      My Computers

  5. PrivacyFreak's Avatar
    Posts : 84
    Windows 10 Home x64
       #364

    IronZorg89 said:
    @PrivaycFreak,
    Thanks to you too. I didn't see your post until now. We were probalbly cross-poting. Anyhow..
    No Problem. Word of advice though - I don't think it's a good idea to post screenshots of results of system vulnerability checks on public forums. Stay safe, my friend!
      My Computer

  6. LEOPEVA64's Avatar
    Posts : 2,041
    WINDOWS 10 Pro x64 build 19042.685
       #365

    Mooly said:
    @tomseys I can confirm after having done a 100% clean install today and applying CU KB4467708 to bring to latest build that the brightness bug is still present. It seems to be triggered by certain combinations of events, however for the most part once the installation is finalised and once all restarts and disk cleans have stopped the issue seems to fade into the background until such time as you do something to provoke it.
    But fixed it 'aint.
    tomseys said:
    Oh ok thank you Mooly. Yeah it happens on a friends HP laptop (that has 1809) very infrequently now but still occasionally it will get dim. I saw it a couple of times just using it one day. This is with the commonly available versions.
    According to @Elegast, the bug seems to have been fixed with the CU that I mention in this comment.
      My Computer

  7. IronZorg89's Avatar
    Posts : 2,322
    Windows 10 pro x64-bit
       #366

    PrivacyFreak said:
    No Problem. Word of advice though - I don't think it's a good idea to post screenshots of results of system vulnerability checks on public forums. Stay safe, my friend!
    Really good advice!. It didn't cross my mind one second. I will try to edit my post or delete it for a new one. Thanks!
      My Computers

  8. alexhob123's Avatar
    Posts : 66
    Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
       #367

    Is the new updates available because i just shut down my computer and it started updating by saying getting windows ready or something my settings in Windows updates section say that it is paused until the 11th December
      My Computer

  9. VBF's Avatar
    VBF
    Posts : 577
    Win 10 Pro
       #368

    PrivacyFreak said:
    No Problem. Word of advice though - I don't think it's a good idea to post screenshots of results of system vulnerability checks on public forums. Stay safe, my friend!
    Living up to your forum name, I see (That's not disagreeing, by the way)
      My Computers

  10. alexhob123's Avatar
    Posts : 66
    Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
       #369

    So are the new October updates re available to download and install now or not
      My Computer


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 21:01.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums