Current Status of Windows 10 October 2018 Update version 1809

  1. slicendice's Avatar
    Posts : 4,666
    Windows 10 Pro x64 21H1 Build 19043.1151 (Branch: Release Preview)
       #230

    @Mooly

    That was actually a very valid question. The dark theme should not behave like this if it's set to default. With the current behaviour, dark theme is just a skin on top of default colors. Default colors will be loaded first and then the dark colors will be applied on top of that. This is really bad programming if it's supposed to be a system wide feature.

    Any theme should be set as system wide and there should be no traces of any default colors anywhere, no matter how slow your computer is. I don't like the current behaviour at all.

    No wonder the dark theme has been totally bonker for so long, and still is.
      My Computers

  2. MiguelAngel10's Avatar
    Posts : 11
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
       #231

    Hi everyone :

    Installed 1809 from the Microsoft Download Page, downloaded the update wizard. Download time took 45 minutes - 1 hour, installation time 5 minutes. No problems at all, even I recovered 5 GB after getting rid of the previous Windows installation files. Then went to Windows Update, installed CU 17763.134.

    Last edited by MiguelAngel10; 15 Nov 2018 at 05:17. Reason: adding information
      My Computer

  3. Bree's Avatar
    Posts : 20,706
    10 Home x64 (21H1) (10 Pro on 2nd pc)
       #232

    sunberg said:
    This is a new approach from Microsoft. They have in past roll outs blocked specific groups of machines from receiving a features update until issues were resolved. But never before have they so openly documented these blocks, it's usually been no more than a vague mention in a blog (if at all).
    Last edited by Bree; 15 Nov 2018 at 06:55.
      My Computers


  4. Posts : 1,871
    W10 pro x64 20H2 Build 19042.610
       #233

    slicendice said:
    @Mooly

    That was actually a very valid question. The dark theme should not behave like this if it's set to default. With the current behaviour, dark theme is just a skin on top of default colors. Default colors will be loaded first and then the dark colors will be applied on top of that. This is really bad programming if it's supposed to be a system wide feature.

    Any theme should be set as system wide and there should be no traces of any default colors anywhere, no matter how slow your computer is. I don't like the current behaviour at all.

    No wonder the dark theme has been totally bonker for so long, and still is.
    @slicendice Thanks. So I thought I'd report it via the feedback hub. Guess what ! Hubs broken:

    Current Status of Windows 10 October 2018 Update version 1809-feedback-hub.png
      My Computer

  5. Josey Wales's Avatar
    Posts : 25,306
    Windows 11 Pro 22000.194
       #234

    Mooly said:
    @slicendice Thanks. So I thought I'd report it via the feedback hub. Guess what ! Hubs broken:

    Current Status of Windows 10 October 2018 Update version 1809-feedback-hub.png
    It works for me.
      My Computer

  6. LEOPEVA64's Avatar
    Posts : 2,090
    WINDOWS 10 Pro x64 build 19042.685
       #235

    Mooly said:
    Could anyone using the dark theme for file explorer confirm (or otherwise) that the following shortcut filepath which opens 'Libraries' directly does so either smoothly or do you get a white screen momentarily before Libraries open? Following a clean install of the latest release I see the white screen which is visually poor and spoils the experience. It only lasts for around 0.2 seconds at most.

    Code:
    %WinDir%\explorer.exe /e,::{031E4825-7B94-4dc3-B131-E946B44C8DD5}
    That is a well known problem for a long time, in Reddit there are some posts about that, in other forums it has also been talked about that issue for months, almost two months ago I uploaded some gifs in another forum demonstrating the problem, is most noticeable when you maximize a window:


      My Computer

  7. Brink's Avatar
    Posts : 59,193
    64-bit Windows 11 Pro for Workstations
    Thread Starter
       #236

    sunberg said:
    Thank you. First post updated.
      My Computers


  8. Jesse Williams's Avatar
    Posts : 1,838
    Windows 10 Home 64-bit
       #237

    I have yet to get the update for my computers. Does anyone have a possible answer as to why? I installed it when it was first released. But due to the bugs, I went back to 1803. The re-release of 1809 has yet to be pushed out to my computers.
      My Computers

  9. Wynona's Avatar
    Posts : 28,676
    Windows 10 21H1 Build 19043.1023
       #238

    tomseys said:
    I don't think I have those options available to me on Win 10 home.
    I don't know why, but you can't defer updates in Windows 10 Home. I don't understand it, but that's the way it is.
      My Computer


  10. Posts : 68
    Windows 10 Pro 64bit
       #239

    Wynona said:
    I don't know why, but you can't defer updates in Windows 10 Home. I don't understand it, but that's the way it is.
    Try this for Windows Home (alter the numbers according to your own wishes):

    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WindowsUpdate\UX\Settings

    DWORD-32bit parameters:

    - BranchReadinessLevel:
    = 10 in hexa decimal for Semi-Annual Channel (Targeted).
    = 20 in hexa decimal for Semi-Annual Channel.
    - DeferFeatureUpdatesPeriodInDays = 30
    - DeferQualityUpdatesPeriodInDays = 0
      My Computers


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 21:28.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums