Current Status of Windows 10 October 2018 Update version 1809

  1. Caledon Ken's Avatar
    Posts : 24,178
    Windows 10 Pro x64 Version 2004
       #180

    If you recently used the mct tool you should get .107

    A screen shot from mine yesterday.

    Current Status of Windows 10 October 2018 Update version 1809-image.png

    To get this run this command and adjust the drive letter to match your USB drive letter. In this example I used E:

    dism /Get-WimInfo /WimFile:E:\sources\Boot.wim /index:1
      My Computer

  2. sgage's Avatar
    Posts : 1,155
    Windows 10 Pro (Build 18362.418)
       #181

    Win7ine said:
    OK, wonder if there is any specific file/content we could look at on the Stick or ISO to verify this info prior to install?
    That's a good question. I've looked around a bit and not found anything obvious. It would be useful to be able to learn the build number before installing.
      My Computer

  3. LEOPEVA64's Avatar
    Posts : 2,025
    WINDOWS 10 Pro x64 build 19042.685
       #182

    sgage said:
    That's a good question. I've looked around a bit and not found anything obvious. It would be useful to be able to learn the build number before installing.
    As @Bree said earlier in this thread, you just have to follow the steps in this tutorial.
      My Computer

  4. Win7ine's Avatar
    Posts : 184
    Win10 Pro x64 / WinServer 2016 Essentials
       #183

    sgage said:
    That's a good question. I've looked around a bit and not found anything obvious. It would be useful to be able to learn the build number before installing.
    dism /Get-WimInfo /WimFile:X:\sources\Boot.wim /index:1

    where X=your drive letter (either FlashStick or mounted ISO)
      My Computer

  5. Superfly's Avatar
    Posts : 3,325
       #184

    Win7ine said:
    dism /Get-WimInfo /WimFile:X:\sources\Boot.wim /index:1

    where X=your drive letter (either FlashStick or mounted ISO)
    You can also get it with this
    Code:
    (Get-Command C:\Windows\System32\ntoskrnl.exe).Version
    
    Major  Minor  Build  Revision
    -----  -----  -----  --------
    10     0      17763  134
    Obviously, the path has to point to the mounted ISO
      My Computer

  6. Win7ine's Avatar
    Posts : 184
    Win10 Pro x64 / WinServer 2016 Essentials
       #185

    Superfly said:
    You can also get it with this
    Code:
    (Get-Command C:\Windows\System32\ntoskrnl.exe).Version
    
    Major  Minor  Build  Revision
    -----  -----  -----  --------
    10     0      17763  134
    Obviously, the path has to point to the mounted ISO
    You may want to revise this statement as it refers to an installed OS only.
    The previous "DISM" statement refers to installation media and how to check version prior to install.
      My Computer

  7. sgage's Avatar
    Posts : 1,155
    Windows 10 Pro (Build 18362.418)
       #186

    Thanks to all for the tips!

    Superfly said:
    You can also get it with this
    Code:
    (Get-Command C:\Windows\System32\ntoskrnl.exe).Version
    
    Major  Minor  Build  Revision
    -----  -----  -----  --------
    10     0      17763  134
    Obviously, the path has to point to the mounted ISO
      My Computer

  8. Superfly's Avatar
    Posts : 3,325
       #187

    Win7ine said:
    You may want to revise this statement as it refers to an installed OS only.
    The previous "DISM" statement refers to installation media and how to check version prior to install.
    True, one has to dive into install.wim to get the integrated stuff...

    The command will only work if it's been extracted to a USB stick etc.
      My Computer

  9. Rocky's Avatar
    Posts : 1,752
    Windows 10 Pro,
       #188

    winactive said:
    1709 was probably not updated due to the kernel changes around Spectre


    Wow, Spectre was not even discussed when 1709 was released. That sure is some fancy foresight there.
      My Computer

  10. LEOPEVA64's Avatar
    Posts : 2,025
    WINDOWS 10 Pro x64 build 19042.685
       #189

    Another one of those well-known bugs of O18U (and A18U) has been fixed in the latest insider build:
    Current Status of Windows 10 October 2018 Update version 1809-fix.jpg

    Hopefully it will arrive soon to build 17763.
      My Computer


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:33.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums