Current Status of Windows 10 October 2018 Update version 1809


  1. Posts : 270
    Win-10
       #1700

    I still have an issue with my Context Menu "New" hanging up; when will MS-13 fix that one?
      My Computer

  2. camelia's Avatar
    Posts : 219
    Windows 10 x64 bits
       #1701

    RingTailCoon said:
    REALLY?!?! That ISO is so big, it even could not FIT on a DVD...

    Attachment 212177
    Hello, I downloaded the ISO file from my Mac

    Current Status of Windows 10 October 2018 Update version 1809-01winiso.png

    I don't have any burner software at home, but I know Windows already has built-in burning software in Explorer, Is possible to burn the ISO to a Blu-ray, running Windows 7 SP1?


    z3r010 said:
    Whoever is using a DVD should be ashamed of themselves, more pointlessly wasted plastics when a USB is very reusable.

    I know, but I always lost all my USB

    Thanks
    Came
      My Computers

  3. Anak's Avatar
    Posts : 1,256
    10 Home 64-bit | v2004 | Build - 19041.685 - See other Info below
       #1702

    I don't have any burner software at home, but I know Windows already has built-in burning software in Explorer, Is possible to burn the ISO to a Blu-ray, running Windows 7 SP1?
    It should be able to, as long as your drive can write to a Blu-ray Disc. That is also on the presumption that you have a Blu-ray player / burner already installed on the machine you're going to do this on.

    In this tutorial: How to Burn a "ISO" or "IMG" Disc Image file to a CD/DVD in Windows 7 and Windows 8 For clarity, use blu-ray where you see cd/dvd and if all you have is a blu-ray drive the windows burn program should give you the option to pick the blu-ray drive in step #4.

    You will not hurt anything by trying it will either succeed or fail. If successful your good, if failed just close out and think of anther way to do what you want.
      My Computers

  4. Bree's Avatar
    Posts : 19,103
    10 Home x64 (20H2) (10 Pro on 2nd pc)
       #1703

    camelia said:
    ...Is possible to burn the ISO to a Blu-ray, running Windows 7 SP1?
    You don't need a blue-ray, the ISO will easily fit on a dual-layer DVD.

    If you want to get an ISO that will fit on a standard single-layer DVD, then you should not download it on your Mac. That ISO contains an install.wim. You need an ISO containing the more compact install.esd.

    To get one of those, download the Media Creation Tool and run it on the Win7 PC. The current ISO made by the MCT is 4.00 GB (4,297,325,379 bytes).
      My Computers


  5. Posts : 270
    Win-10
       #1704

    I still have an issue with my Context Menu "New" hanging up; when will MS fix that one?
      My Computer

  6. Ztruker's Avatar
    Posts : 13,519
    Windows 10 Pro X64 20H4 19042.928
       #1705

    dustymars, is there a feedback for this problem? Have you upvoted it?
      My Computers

  7. LEOPEVA64's Avatar
    Posts : 2,039
    WINDOWS 10 Pro x64 build 19042.685
       #1706

    Ztruker said:
    dustymars, is there a feedback for this problem? Have you upvoted it?
    Microsoft is aware of this problem: Slow right -> New on File Explorer click on Windows 10
      My Computer


  8. Posts : 1,389
    Windows 7 Home Premium x64
       #1707

    LEOPEVA64 said:
    is there a topic like this in the Microsoft Answers forum? the problem should also be mentioned somewhere there
      My Computers

  9. camelia's Avatar
    Posts : 219
    Windows 10 x64 bits
       #1708

    Anak said:
    It should be able to, as long as your drive can write to a Blu-ray Disc. That is also on the presumption that you have a Blu-ray player / burner already installed on the machine you're going to do this on.

    In this tutorial: How to Burn a "ISO" or "IMG" Disc Image file to a CD/DVD in Windows 7 and Windows 8 For clarity, use blu-ray where you see cd/dvd and if all you have is a blu-ray drive the windows burn program should give you the option to pick the blu-ray drive in step #4.

    You will not hurt anything by trying it will either succeed or fail. If successful your good, if failed just close out and think of anther way to do what you want.
    Thank you, it works

    Bree said:
    You don't need a blue-ray, the ISO will easily fit on a dual-layer DVD.

    If you want to get an ISO that will fit on a standard single-layer DVD, then you should not download it on your Mac. That ISO contains an install.wim. You need an ISO containing the more compact install.esd.

    To get one of those, download the Media Creation Tool and run it on the Win7 PC. The current ISO made by the MCT is 4.00 GB (4,297,325,379 bytes).
    I don't have a dual-layer DVD, only a few of Blu-ray Disc, Now I can install in others computers Windows 1809

    Thanks
    Came
      My Computers

  10. Anak's Avatar
    Posts : 1,256
    10 Home 64-bit | v2004 | Build - 19041.685 - See other Info below
       #1709

    camelia said:
    Thank you, it works

    Came
    You're welcome.
      My Computers


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:56.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums