Current Status of Windows 10 October 2018 Update version 1809

  1. Caledon Ken's Avatar
    Posts : 13,763
    Windows 10 Pro x64 Build 1809
       #1460

    Myself I would create the system image as TC mentined as the backup (Complete with boot media for tool of your choice) and I would then create a USB Thumbdrive using MCT.

    Then follow the inpace Repair Upgrade tutorial. Basically you force the update. If it fails then guaranteed you get error messages.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2. f14tomcat's Avatar
    Posts : 40,538
    Triple boot - Win 10 Pro, Win 10 Pro Insider (2) - (and a sprinkling of VMs)
       #1461

    Anak said: View Post
    If I use the UA and it won't update, will it tell me why it won't or will it just blindly go ahead an update?
    Sorry for late reply....lazy wake-up today....

    Been a while since I did it, but I believe there is a step up front where the UA checks to see if all is cool. Then goes thru all the Accepts and OKs and proceeds. It uses a nice big Interface that actually looks friendly, with decent progress messages.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  3. Anak's Avatar
    Posts : 642
    10 Home 64-bit | v1809 | Build - 17763.437
       #1462

    f14tomcat said: View Post
    Sorry for late reply....lazy wake-up today....

    Been a while since I did it, but I believe there is a step up front where the UA checks to see if all is cool. Then goes thru all the Accepts and OKs and proceeds. It uses a nice big Interface that actually looks friendly, with decent progress messages.
    Not a problem TC

    I hope so I'm so full of coricidin HBP and Nyquil HBP to combat this cold I have that its really hardd to concentrate
    right now I could use some checks and frendly interfaces.

    I probably should just read up first and tackle this when my body doesn't feel so woosey.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  4. Bree's Avatar
    Posts : 10,847
    10 Home x64 (1809) (10 Pro on 2nd pc)
       #1463

    Caledon Ken said: View Post
    Just throwing it out there. My wife's Asus ( i5, fully up to date on 1803, no known blocks) still has not updated. When I was coaching Cyber Seniors on Friday I checked several machines and they too had not updated.
    I would think if it did not update there would be some error it would report. Of course that is an assumption on my part.
    Only if windows update found (and failed to install) the Features Update.

    My Test Machine is perfectly capable of running 1809 (I know because I have manually upgraded it) and that while running 1803 if I manually 'Check for updates' it will find 1809 (which MS say would not happen if there were any blocking issues).

    Microsoft said:
    If we detect that your device may have an issue, such as an application incompatibility, we will not install the update until that issue is resolved, even if you “Check for updates”.
    (from Post #1)

    But a month ago I restored its system image for 1803 and left it running 24/7 to see if/when windows update will automatically find the Features Update.

    I'm still waiting.....

    (CUs and defender definitions, yes - but no show for 1809.)
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  5. f14tomcat's Avatar
    Posts : 40,538
    Triple boot - Win 10 Pro, Win 10 Pro Insider (2) - (and a sprinkling of VMs)
       #1464

    Anak said: View Post
    Not a problem TC

    I hope so I'm so full of coricidin HBP and Nyquil HBP to combat this cold I have that its really hardd to concentrate
    right now I could use some checks and frendly interfaces.

    I probably should just read up first and tackle this when my body doesn't feel so woosey.
    Sorry you're . Shawn has a really nice tutorial, with all the pics and steps. It shows better than I can describe what I mean by "friendly" interface. Get well soon.............

    Update to Latest Version of Windows 10 using Update Assistant | Tutorials
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  6. Anak's Avatar
    Posts : 642
    10 Home 64-bit | v1809 | Build - 17763.437
       #1465

    Had to smile, I'm not that green, well maybe a little.

    Thanks for the link, I'll be off studying it. Soon? Colds usually take what, 2weeks? In my case I have a week to go.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  7.    #1466

    Anak said: View Post
    Had to smile, I'm not that green, well maybe a little.

    Thanks for the link, I'll be off studying it. Soon? Colds usually take what, 2weeks? In my case I have a week to go.
    The older you get the longer it takes. I'm 75 and it took 4 weeks
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  8. Anak's Avatar
    Posts : 642
    10 Home 64-bit | v1809 | Build - 17763.437
       #1467

    JoBo1943 said: View Post
    The older you get the longer it takes. I'm 75 and it took 4 weeks
    I'm a young geezer at 67 and this is the first time I've had a cold in years, this year is also the first time I've had a flu shot since 1970 and I don't care what 'they' say I'll still think it has something to do with it, been feelin' low ever since I got the shot.


    Hey guys!

    I tried 'checkin' for updates' and WU (windows update) still said I had the latest and greatest at 1803 so I thought what the heck and started the UA (upgrade assistant) so far after approx. 50" I'm at 87% complete with the reboot to follow.

    Here's hopin' let ya know in about another hour...Click image for larger version. 

Name:	15_10_2.gif 
Views:	83 
Size:	3.4 KB 
ID:	226986
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  9. Wynona's Avatar
    Posts : 23,074
    Windows 10 Skip Ahead Preview Build 18312
       #1468

    Anak said: View Post
    Had to smile, I'm not that green, well maybe a little.

    Thanks for the link, I'll be off studying it. Soon? Colds usually take what, 2weeks? In my case I have a week to go.
    I've already been sick with mine for two weeks and it's still here and doesn't seem to want to go anywhere . . .
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  10. Wynona's Avatar
    Posts : 23,074
    Windows 10 Skip Ahead Preview Build 18312
       #1469

    JoBo1943 said: View Post
    The older you get the longer it takes. I'm 75 and it took 4 weeks
    Oh nooooooooooooooooo!
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 

Related Threads
Is this seriously still not fixed and made it to the final release yesterday? I still see completely inaccurate CPU load figures in task manager...
Read more: https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/im-excited-mixed-reality-holiday-alex-kipman/
Source: How to get the Windows 10 October 2018 Update - Windows Experience Blog See also: Windows 10 October 2018 Update now available - Windows 10 Forums Find out what is new in Windows 10 October 2018 Update and Office 365 - Windows 10...
Source: What's new in printing in Windows 10, version 1809 - Microsoft Tech Community - 267182 See also: Windows 10 October 2018 Update now available - Windows 10 Forums Windows 10 version 1809 update history - Known incompatibilities...
Source: What's new for IT pros in Windows 10, version 1809 - Microsoft Tech Community - 263909 See also: Windows 10 October 2018 Update now available - Windows 10 Forums Find out what is new in Windows 10 October 2018 Update and Office -...
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 15:02.
Find Us