Current Status of Windows 10 October 2018 Update version 1809

  1. ddelo's Avatar
    Posts : 2,257
    Windows 10 Pro x64
       #1270

    in PowerShell type
    Code:
    cd $env:UserProfile\Desktop
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 724
    Windows 10 Home - Version 2004 - Build 19041.450
       #1271

    ddelo said:
    in PowerShell type
    Code:
    cd $env:UserProfile\Desktop
    Ok, thanks. It's a very long list, I just snipped the last bunch. You can see the 1pm that task scheduler grabbed:

    Current Status of Windows 10 October 2018 Update version 1809-capture.png

    The break there at 2/5 may have been due to a Marcrium go back. I don't remember.
    These are all manual checks I did via the WD settings.
      My Computers

  3. ddelo's Avatar
    Posts : 2,257
    Windows 10 Pro x64
       #1272

    tomseys said:
    Ok, thanks. It's a very long list, I just snipped the last bunch. You can see the 1pm that task scheduler grabbed:

    Current Status of Windows 10 October 2018 Update version 1809-capture.png
    365 updates.... you do update a lot for a guy on metered connection!!!
    Just joking. Absolutely understandable, it probably starts from the day you updated to (or clean installed) 1803.
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 724
    Windows 10 Home - Version 2004 - Build 19041.450
       #1273

    ddelo said:
    365 updates.... you do update a lot for a guy on metered connection!!!
    Just joking. Absolutely understandable, it probably starts from the day you updated to (or clean installed) 1803.
    Yeah I believe in keeping it up to date. I've never had a problem with Windows Defender. I can't say the same for other "highly rated" A/Vs I've used a long while ago. That and MBAM keep me in shape.
      My Computers

  5. ddelo's Avatar
    Posts : 2,257
    Windows 10 Pro x64
       #1274



    Just use the script for a quick look of the 2-hour update setting.
    Let's see if and how it works over a metered connection.
      My Computer

  6. IronZorg89's Avatar
    Posts : 2,345
    Windows 10 pro x64-bit
       #1275

    @ddelo,

    Your script to check if WD definitions updates have been installed seems to be relevant and faster, but wouldn't it be the same thing by going to Windows Update history in "Settings" > "Updates & Security" > "View Update history" for "Definition Updates"
      My Computers


  7. Posts : 724
    Windows 10 Home - Version 2004 - Build 19041.450
       #1276

    I'll do that but what I usually do to is I'll check here in WD expecting to see the update having happened:

    Current Status of Windows 10 October 2018 Update version 1809-new.png

    And then I'll check on show/hide tool to confirm.. usually there is something sitting there if nothing has happened:

    Current Status of Windows 10 October 2018 Update version 1809-new2.png

    It's now 5:22 Pm so this is a new update. The 1PM TS grab cleared the update that was there then which I verified at that time. I expect in an hour or so for the time to update above in WD and for this update to disappear in Hide/Show. Assuming the powershell works at the 2 hour rate.
      My Computers

  8. ddelo's Avatar
    Posts : 2,257
    Windows 10 Pro x64
       #1277

    IronZorg89 said:
    @ddelo,

    Your script to check if WD definitions updates have been installed seems to be relevant and faster, but wouldn't it be the same thing by going to Windows Update history in "Settings" > "Updates & Security" > "View Update history"
    Exactly the same...!
    The reason of its existence is in case, for any reason, you delete the history of Windows Update. In that case you won't be able to see any updates.
    The scripts gets updates not from the Windows Update database but from the events logs. Which if you don't clear you'll always have all the updates from the date of the installation of the latest Feature Update.
    Besides that, it gives all the history, not only the last 50 updates, as WU does!

    Just for fun go to the line where it says
    $OutputCollection += $output | where Title -Match "Windows Defender",
    make the following change, save it and run it:
    Code:
    $OutputCollection += $output #| where Title -Match "Windows Defender"
      My Computer

  9. ddelo's Avatar
    Posts : 2,257
    Windows 10 Pro x64
       #1278

    tomseys said:

    It's now 5:22 Pm so this is a new update. The 1PM TS grab cleared the update that was there then.
    It is. This one is 1.285.1157.0, whereas the 1PM was 1.285.1143.0
      My Computer

  10. ddelo's Avatar
    Posts : 2,257
    Windows 10 Pro x64
       #1279

    Tom, if you set it to 2 hours, it is 2 hours
    Yes you did, I saw it in your image
      My Computer


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:23.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums