New Windows 10 Insider Preview Fast Build 18277.1006 (19H1) - Nov. 13 Insider

Page 10 of 32 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
  1. CallMeSteven's Avatar
    Posts : 488
    Windows 10 Pro Dev Channel
       #90

    I also did this builds install via an ISO, but I have am in the Skip Ahead branch. Bit worrying, hope they get it sorted out. I wonder if there is any mention of the issue in the Feedback Hub?

    Looks like there is Feedback Hub - Windows Insider
      My Computer

  2. fireberd's Avatar
    Posts : 2,335
    Win 10 Pro, 20H2
       #91

    Well, I thought I had a good update overnight. It updated and I had desktop, etc. But, when I restarted, it logs on but then back to no desktop, just a black screen. I can bring up the task manager and all the screens in the task manager are OK. I can restart or power down from the icons in the lower right of the screen when I bring up task manager.

    I had this problem on previous release, but it went away and now back.
      My Computers


  3. Posts : 1,171
    Windows 1.00 to Windows 10 Pro 64-bit Build 17713
       #92

    philc43 said:
    Having now gone back to the previous build that is also not activating and claiming the digital license is for Home - so clearly the activation servers are in a real mess!
    Same here.
      My Computer

  4. jimbo45's Avatar
    Posts : 10,585
    Windows / Linux : Arch Linux
       #93

    fjk61011 said:
    Same here.
    Hi there

    How did you revert -- I think if you did a Macrium restore (or equivalent software) of previous build you should be OK --if you used the Windows method then I wouldn't be surprised at all if it's broken.

    Cheers
    jimbo
      My Computer

  5. kado897's Avatar
    Posts : 40,129
    Windows 10 Home 64bit v20H2 and insider builds
       #94

    The problem is with the activation servers. Restoring an image won't help.
      My Computer

  6. WEKJR's Avatar
    Posts : 504
    Win10 20236.1000 64bit Pro and Win7 SP1 Ultimate
       #95

    Installed 18277 last night using WU with only one bounce (the last 3 builds had two or three each). It reached 25% installed and then restarted the process and completed. ISO was made. I whish they would fix this issue...


    WEK
      My Computers

  7. jimbo45's Avatar
    Posts : 10,585
    Windows / Linux : Arch Linux
       #96

    kado897 said:
    The problem is with the activation servers. Restoring an image won't help.
    Hi there

    why wouldn't it -- especially if you aren't online during the restore.

    I don't know where the data is stored but I don't think the activation servers are checked every time you logon to Windows.

    The whole point of an image it's exactly at the same state that it was when you took the image. If this was a universal problem then there would be zillions pf people all over the planet having this problem which clearly is not the case.

    Cheers
    jimbo
      My Computer

  8. kado897's Avatar
    Posts : 40,129
    Windows 10 Home 64bit v20H2 and insider builds
       #97

    jimbo45 said:
    Hi there

    why wouldn't it -- especially if you aren't online during the restore.

    I don't know where the data is stored but I don't think the activation servers are checked every time you logon to Windows.

    The whole point of an image it's exactly at the same state that it was when you took the image. If this was a universal problem then there would be zillions pf people all over the planet having this problem which clearly is not the case.

    Cheers
    jimbo
    I've no idea what triggers an activation check but I have seen it reported that digital licences are missing from the user's MS account. That won't be corrected by an image restore.
      My Computer

  9. sgage's Avatar
    Posts : 1,161
    Windows 10 Pro (Build 18362.418)
       #98

    jimbo45 said:
    Hi there

    why wouldn't it -- especially if you aren't online during the restore.

    I don't know where the data is stored but I don't think the activation servers are checked every time you logon to Windows.

    The whole point of an image it's exactly at the same state that it was when you took the image. If this was a universal problem then there would be zillions pf people all over the planet having this problem which clearly is not the case.

    Cheers
    jimbo
    It's not just the state of code on your computer - it's a relationship between your computer and the MS activation servers. And it wouldn't surprise me at all if, yes, it checked every time you log on to Windows.

    That said, it clearly isn't a universal problem - I've not run into it. I upgraded from 18272 - only bounced once. Activation is fine.

    New Windows 10 Insider Preview Fast Build 18277.1006 (19H1) - Nov. 13-activated.jpg
      My Computer

  10. kado897's Avatar
    Posts : 40,129
    Windows 10 Home 64bit v20H2 and insider builds
       #99

    sgage said:
    It's not just the state of code on your computer - it's a relationship between your computer and the MS activation servers. And it wouldn't surprise me at all if, yes, it checked every time you log on to Windows.

    That said, it clearly isn't a universal problem - I've not run into it. I upgraded from 18272 - only bounced once. Activation is fine.

    New Windows 10 Insider Preview Fast Build 18277.1006 (19H1) - Nov. 13-activated.jpg
    Seems to be limited to PRO especially if it has been upgraded.
      My Computer


 
Page 10 of 32 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:52.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums