New Windows 10 Insider Preview Fast + Skip Build 18272 (19H1) Oct. 31 Insider

Page 21 of 26 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast
  1. jimbo45's Avatar
    Posts : 10,484
    Windows / Linux : Arch Linux
       #200

    pigpenz said:
    I was running both versions I guess both worked fine, but did need password to open 7z files
    Hi there

    ????
    @pigpenz

    certainly don't need 7Z or password to open anything

    If you download from UUPDUMP, you get a zip file, de-compress that and run the cmd which will create the iso automatically.

    Then in W10 just double click the iso and run setup.exe to run update.

    If you want to CLEAN install simply create bootable usb from ISO using rufus.

    Not sure where all this password and other stuff comes from.

    Cheers
    jimbo
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 282
    win 7 8 10
       #201

    jimbo45 said:
    Hi there

    ????
    @pigpenz

    certainly don't need 7Z or password to open anything

    If you download from UUPDUMP, you get a zip file, de-compress that and run the cmd which will create the iso automatically.

    Then in W10 just double click the iso and run setup.exe to run update.

    If you want to CLEAN install simply create bootable usb from ISO using rufus.

    Not sure where all this password and other stuff comes from.

    Cheers
    jimbo
    if you download the new tool from here
    https://www.upload.ee/files/9149122/uupdownloader_0.3.0-alpha.7z.html
    you will need the password to get files from the 7z file, that is where the password is needed
    is for the tool that is in development I believe
      My Computer

  3. f14tomcat's Avatar
    Posts : 53,160
    Multi-boot Windows 10 - RTM, RP, Beta, and Insider
       #202

    pigpenz said:
    if you download the new tool from here
    https://www.upload.ee/files/9149122/uupdownloader_0.3.0-alpha.7z.html
    you will need the password to get files from the 7z file, that is where the password is needed
    is for the tool that is in development I believe
    Correct. Needed to extract the application .exe, not any DL'd files. This was posted earlier, but for reference:

    UUP dump downloader
    Pasword: mdl2018
      My Computers

  4. Ztruker's Avatar
    Posts : 13,512
    Windows 10 Pro X64 20H4 19042.746
       #203

    When I go to that web site I get this:

    New Windows 10 Insider Preview Fast + Skip Build 18272 (19H1) Oct. 31-image.png
      My Computers


  5. Posts : 300
    W10 Pro x64. W10 Pro x64 Fast Insider Preview
       #204

    Build 18272 installed without any drama on my system.

    However, the "Outline" option didn't appear on the Snip & Sketch settings page until I had taken a screenshot with S & S.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New Windows 10 Insider Preview Fast + Skip Build 18272 (19H1) Oct. 31-image.png  
      My Computers

  6. cereberus's Avatar
    Posts : 12,014
    Windows10
       #205

    lmod said:
    Build 18272 installed without any drama on my system.

    However, the "Outline" option didn't appear on the Snip & Sketch settings page until I had taken a screenshot with S & S.
    10.1809.2964.0 will just not show on my Insider version but does on 1809 - go figure!
      My Computer

  7. jimbo45's Avatar
    Posts : 10,484
    Windows / Linux : Arch Linux
       #206

    Hi folks

    Next guessing game :
    This version is about to expire (14/12 i.e 14 dec) and I'm sure a lot of people won't be messing about with computers during Xmas / New year holidays so what's the betting something new will re-appear.

    New Windows 10 Insider Preview Fast + Skip Build 18272 (19H1) Oct. 31-expire.jpg

    Failing anything new what's likely to happen -- will Windows stop working, update will revert back to previous version of Windows or will you have to restore whatever "standard" working build you had.

    The update method obviviously won't be any good for those who manually installed via UUPUPDATE etc though I suspect !!

    As for snip version you have to go into settings

    version appears

    New Windows 10 Insider Preview Fast + Skip Build 18272 (19H1) Oct. 31-snipver.png

    Cheers
    jimbo
      My Computer

  8. kado897's Avatar
    Posts : 39,478
    Windows 10 Home 64bit v20H2 and insider builds
       #207

    jimbo45 said:
    Hi folks

    Next guessing game :
    This version is about to expire (14/12 i.e 14 dec) and I'm sure a lot of people won't be messing about with computers during Xmas / New year holidays so what's the betting something new will re-appear.

    New Windows 10 Insider Preview Fast + Skip Build 18272 (19H1) Oct. 31-expire.jpg

    Failing anything new what's likely to happen -- will Windows stop working, update will revert back to previous version of Windows or will you have to restore whatever "standard" working build you had.

    The update method obviviously won't be any good for those who manually installed via UUPUPDATE etc though I suspect !!

    Cheers
    jimbo
    There will be several Fast Ring builds before that Jimbo.
      My Computer

  9. jimbo45's Avatar
    Posts : 10,484
    Windows / Linux : Arch Linux
       #208

    Hi folks
    When updating from the standard 1803 build manually to skippy using UUPDUMP I see the windows.old file on my system is now only 4.4GB -- note I did a system update from a system having Office 2019, photoshop, two VM's on it a few other programs etc -- normally the windows.old file is much larger.

    I always get rid of it anyway since I restore using MF Free if i need to revert -- however I'd be curious to know if I really can revert using this small windows.old file.

    Cheers
    jimbo
      My Computer

  10. f14tomcat's Avatar
    Posts : 53,160
    Multi-boot Windows 10 - RTM, RP, Beta, and Insider
       #209

    jimbo45 said:
    Hi folks
    When updating from the standard 1803 build manually to skippy using UUPDUMP I see the windows.old file on my system is now only 4.4GB -- note I did a system update from a system having Office 2019, photoshop, two VM's on it a few other programs etc -- normally the windows.old file is much larger.

    I always get rid of it anyway since I restore using MF Free if i need to revert -- however I'd be curious to know if I really can revert using this small windows.old file.

    Cheers
    jimbo
    Push the button....see what happens!
      My Computers


 
Page 21 of 26 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:59.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums