KB4464455 Windows 10 Insider Preview Slow + RP Build 17763.107 Oct. 30 Insider

Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

  1. Posts : 384
    Windows 10 Home x64
       #60

    f14tomcat said:
    Just quoting from the Tenforums Tutorial.
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/...covery-options

    It does say 10 days, but at least the information is up to date and from the horse's mouth. I wouldn't like to rely on something dated 2014, no matter what the source.
      My Computers

  2. Bree's Avatar
    Posts : 18,675
    10 Home x64 (20H2) (10 Pro on 2nd pc)
       #61

    winactive said:
    Respectfully, that's from when MS wanted a one-way transition from W7 (or W8) to W10. Versioning from one release of W10 to another you aren't leaving the fold!
    The same 10 day rule applies to upgrading from one version of 10 to the next. Doesn't matter what you are upgrading from, 7, 8 or an earlier 10 - you get just 10 days in which you can roll back. It used to be 30, but MS's telemetry told them those who did roll back generally did so in the first few days, so they now delete windows.old after 10 days to give you back the space it occupies. This change was first seen in the Anniversary Update (1607).

    "Based on our user research, we noticed most users who choose to go back to a previous version of Windows do it within the first several days," a spokesman said in an email. "As such, we changed the setting to 10 days to free storage space used by previous copies."
    Microsoft reduces Windows 10 roll-back grace period | Computerworld

    I usually delete windows.old immediately with Disk Clean Up, but for my upgrade from 1607 to 1703 I wascurious, so I sat out the 10 days and watched Windows automatically delete it 10 days and one hour after the upgrade.
      My Computers


  3. Posts : 384
    Windows 10 Home x64
       #62

    Bree said:
    The same 10 day rule applies to upgrading from one version of 10 to the next. Doesn't matter what you are upgrading from, 7, 8 or an earlier 10 - you get just 10 days in which you can roll back. It used to be 30, but MS's telemetry told them those who did roll back generally did so in the first few days, so they now delete windows.old after 10 days to give you back the space it occupies. This change was first seen in the Anniversary Update (1607).

    Microsoft reduces Windows 10 roll-back grace period | Computerworld
    The march of progress!! Of course you roll straight back if upgrading gave you an issue. They rinsed the statement clean of negativity before delivery to a wider audience. They can't show you the telemetry because....privacy.

    But, thank you. I did seem to remember it being 30 days somewhere before.
      My Computers

  4. COMPUTIAC's Avatar
    Posts : 4,644
    Win 10 Home
       #63

    winactive said:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/...covery-options

    It does say 10 days, but at least the information is up to date and from the horse's mouth. I wouldn't like to rely on something dated 2014, no matter what the source.
    The original date on the tutorial was

    KB4464455 Windows 10 Insider Preview Slow + RP Build 17763.107 Oct. 30-image.png

    It was also updated on

    KB4464455 Windows 10 Insider Preview Slow + RP Build 17763.107 Oct. 30-image.png

    Which is shortly before the New update you posted.

    KB4464455 Windows 10 Insider Preview Slow + RP Build 17763.107 Oct. 30-image.png

    Its not a good thing to question the tutorials of Brink.
      My Computers

  5. Brink's Avatar
    Posts : 56,309
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro for Workstations build 21359
    Thread Starter
       #64

      My Computers


  6. Posts : 384
    Windows 10 Home x64
       #65

    COMPUTIAC said:
    The original date on the tutorial was

    KB4464455 Windows 10 Insider Preview Slow + RP Build 17763.107 Oct. 30-image.png

    It was also updated on

    KB4464455 Windows 10 Insider Preview Slow + RP Build 17763.107 Oct. 30-image.png

    Which is shortly before the New update you posted.

    KB4464455 Windows 10 Insider Preview Slow + RP Build 17763.107 Oct. 30-image.png

    Its not a good thing to question the tutorials of Brink.
    I'm not questioning it. Maybe I missed the date as I'm used to looking at the bottom of the document for a revision date.

    I did say rely upon, there's a subtle difference. I'll just go on being misunderstood, I'm used to it.
      My Computers

  7. Bree's Avatar
    Posts : 18,675
    10 Home x64 (20H2) (10 Pro on 2nd pc)
       #66

    winactive said:
    ...I did seem to remember it being 30 days somewhere before.
    It was 30 days for the original 1507 (10240) release and 1511. For 1607 and later it is now 10 days.
      My Computers


  8. Posts : 384
    Windows 10 Home x64
       #67

    Brink said:
    Your legion is restless, sire! Perhaps they too can partake of your merriment
      My Computers


  9. Posts : 22
    windows 10 home
       #68

    tis with much merriment that one is consumed with the joy of a good roll this day!!!
      My Computer

  10. f14tomcat's Avatar
    Posts : 53,097
    Multi-boot Windows 10 - RTM, RP, Beta, and Insider
       #69

    30 can still be your choice, if you wish. Or 10. Or anywhere from 2-60. Allowances were made and tools supplied.

    Option #2. "Substitute <days> in the command above with the actual number (2 to 60) of days you want. The default is 10 days."

    Set Number of Days can Go Back to Previous Version of Windows | Windows 10 Tutorials

    Rollback at your leisure!
      My Computers


 
Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 18:31.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums