KB4464455 Windows 10 Insider Preview Slow + RP Build 17763.107 Oct. 30 Insider

Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast
  1. slicendice's Avatar
    Posts : 4,644
    Windows 10 Pro x64 20H2 Build 19042.906 (Branch: Release Preview)
       #170

    cereberus said:
    You can have both vmware and hyper-v installed at same time but you cannot run both same time. You can create a dual boot entry which allows you to boot with the hyper-v hypervisor running to run hyper-v or to boot without it running to run type two hypervisors like vmware.

    I shall write a simple tutorial when I get a moment.

    Switch easily between VirtualBox and Hyper-V with a BCDEdit boot Entry in Windows 8.1 - Scott Hanselman
    I know! I've used that since Hyper-V got introduced. But it's not an option for me. As I said, I'm dependent on Hyper-V and can't disable it. I need a separate computer for any other hypervisor.
      My Computers

  2. cereberus's Avatar
    Posts : 12,013
    Windows10
       #171

    slicendice said:
    I know! I've used that since Hyper-V got introduced. But it's not an option for me. As I said, I'm dependent on Hyper-V and can't disable it. I need a separate computer for any other hypervisor.
    I do not fully understand you. It only temporarily disables it when booting in no hypervisor mode, unless you need hyper-v 24-7?

    Actually, did you know you can apparently run hyper-v nested in vmware. No idea what the performance would be like.
      My Computer

  3. slicendice's Avatar
    Posts : 4,644
    Windows 10 Pro x64 20H2 Build 19042.906 (Branch: Release Preview)
       #172

    cereberus said:
    I do not fully understand you. It only temporarily disables it when booting in no hypervisor mode, unless you need hyper-v 24-7?

    Actually, did you know you can apparently run hyper-v nested in vmware. No idea what the performance would be like.
    Pretty much using Hyper-V 24/7 yeah.
      My Computers

  4. jimbo45's Avatar
    Posts : 10,479
    Windows / Linux : Arch Linux
       #173

    cereberus said:
    I do not fully understand you. It only temporarily disables it when booting in no hypervisor mode, unless you need hyper-v 24-7?

    Actually, did you know you can apparently run hyper-v nested in vmware. No idea what the performance would be like.

    Hi there

    It's like a 1 legged dog trying to run on a perfectly smooth ice pond. Absolutely hideous -- treacle or molasses flows faster.

    I also tried a Virtual ESxi running VM's --- also a bit of a waste of time too.

    Strangely enough VMWare running a Windows VM with HYPER-V running another VM performed a little better until I actually tried to run an EXCEL spreadsheet on the 2nd level VM.

    To do this stuff properly (i.e any sort of nested VM's) you really do need a totally different class of hardware and I/O devices compared to even top level consumer grade kit).

    Cheers
    jimbo
      My Computer

  5. AndreTen's Avatar
    Posts : 23,314
    Windows 10 (Pro and Insider Pro)
       #174

    My Release preview system updated to "KB4467708 (OS Build 17763.134)" Shouldn't this happen few days before regular PT?

    Cumulative Update KB4467708 Windows 10 v1809 Build 17763.134 - Nov. 13 - Windows 10 Forums

    No release preview again?
      My Computers

  6. kado897's Avatar
    Posts : 39,411
    Windows 10 Home 64bit v20H2 and insider builds
       #175

    AndreTen said:
    My Release preview system updated to "KB4467708 (OS Build 17763.134)" Shouldn't this happen few days before regular PT?

    Cumulative Update KB4467708 Windows 10 v1809 Build 17763.134 - Nov. 13 - Windows 10 Forums

    No release preview again?
    They tend not to put security updates through RP because of time constraints.
      My Computer


  7. Posts : 62
    Windows 10 Pro x64
       #176

    AndreTen said:
    My Release preview system updated to "KB4467708 (OS Build 17763.134)" Shouldn't this happen few days before regular PT?

    Cumulative Update KB4467708 Windows 10 v1809 Build 17763.134 - Nov. 13 - Windows 10 Forums

    No release preview again?
    I've got this on the retail channel. Had previous updates installed through DISM, this one came normally through WU. Which is great, cause it means that I don't need to install 1809 fresh yet again. 6 months of "freedom".
      My Computer


  8. Posts : 2,764
    Windows 10 Pro X64
       #177

    Hi,

    I've got this on the retail channel.
    Same here on 7 machines.

    Cheers,
      My Computers


  9. Posts : 1,366
    Windows 7 Home Premium x64
       #178

    funny (and weird) that Microsoft releases both KB4464455 and KB4467708 updates on the same day (11/13)
      My Computers


  10. Posts : 62
    Windows 10 Pro x64
       #179

    erpster4 said:
    funny (and weird) that Microsoft releases both KB4464455 and KB4467708 updates on the same day (11/13)
    First one was an older Insider release.
      My Computer


 
Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 22:03.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums