KB4464455 Windows 10 Insider Preview Slow + RP Build 17763.107 Oct. 30 Insider

Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

  1. Posts : 25,638
    Windows 11 Pro 22621.1
       #140

    Once a user knows that The Downloads Folder is checked, they just have to uncheck it. This information should not have been withheld by Microsoft. The one thing that MS is very good at is keeping their customers uninformed and forced to rely on third party sources to get any kind of info on anything.
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 384
    Windows 10 Home x64
       #141

    Josey Wales said:
    Once a user knows that The Downloads Folder is checked, they just have to uncheck it. This information should not have been withheld by Microsoft. The one thing that MS is very good at is keeping their customers uninformed and forced to rely on third party sources to get any kind of info on anything.
    It's not withheld. But the decision to include a user folder in the system cleanup options is incorrect.

    If you use the tool you should ensure the checkboxes meet your requirements. Some users will delete the contents of the folder and only realise the consequences of their action when they click a recent / user file history entry.
      My Computers


  3. Posts : 13,567
    Windows10
       #142

    winactive said:
    I don't know about "confident"

    Alright - less unconfident - lol
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 13,567
    Windows10
       #143

    Josey Wales said:
    Once a user knows that The Downloads Folder is checked, they just have to uncheck it. This information should not have been withheld by Microsoft. The one thing that MS is very good at is keeping their customers uninformed and forced to rely on third party sources to get any kind of info on anything.
    It was the change without making it obvious that is the real issue. MS are bad at this sort of thing as you say.
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 133
    win10
       #144

    I was just reading an blog. it points out that windows 10 doesnt backup the registry to regback folder....even though task scheduler says it complete

    chrome or translator needed for site.
    Windows 10 doesnt backup the registry.
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 46,533
    Windows 10 Home 64bit 21H1 and insider builds
       #145

    dskiller said:
    I was just reading an blog. it points out that windows 10 doesnt backup the registry to regback folder....even though task scheduler says it complete

    chrome or translator needed for site.
    Windows 10 doesnt backup the registry.
    Looks like it's been doing that for some time so it's not a new 1809 error. What a mess Windows 10 is.
      My Computer


  7. Posts : 24,568
    10 Home x64 (21H2) (10 Pro on 2nd pc)
       #146

    dskiller said:
    I was just reading an blog. it points out that windows 10 doesnt backup the registry to regback folder....even though task scheduler says it complete
    kado897 said:
    Looks like it's been doing that for some time so it's not a new 1809 error. What a mess Windows 10 is.
    Yes, @dalchina and I have been investigating this. A month ago dalchina asked me to look into this in 1803 and I reported my test results here...

    ...the task now shows a Last Run Time of 7th Oct 2018 at 22:31 and a Last Run Result of (0x0). However the files in RegBack are still zero length and dated 19th July. Basically, it appears this task doesn't do the work it is supposed to do.
    Windows 10 crashed after update and is now unbootable Solved - Page 3 - Windows 10 Forums

    My 1809 machines are much the same. The task says it has run successfully, but no backup files have been created. The only difference is that there are no files in C:\Windows\System32\Config\RegBack, not even zero length ones.
    Last edited by Bree; 01 Nov 2018 at 16:41.
      My Computers

  8.   My Computer


  9. Posts : 61,517
    64-bit Windows 11 Pro for Workstations
    Thread Starter
       #148


    Thank you Dave. First post updated to add these.
      My Computers


  10. Posts : 205
    Win 10
       #149

    What's the difference from these and UUP dump (windows10.0-kb4464455-x64.cab), size seems to match.

    Ahh, it is same file/hash.
      My Computer


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 23:23.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums