Windows 10 October 2018 Update rollout now paused


  1. Posts : 1,750
    Windows 10 HOME 64-BIT
       #490

    Well you guys, I tried really EVERYTHING that was to find on Google over *Some settings are hidden... in red text in my Privacy settings. Setting 3 is grayed out (FULL) and I tried everything to remove the above red text. Nothing works. And sometimes I get a message that my privacy options were changed (HUH??!?!??!?!??!)

    And it's ONLY in the Privacy section of the Settings in Windows. There's just no way that that text is going to away. I had it 2 days ago in Windows Update but that one just went away.

    Please help me you guys! That little text in red is driving me maaaaaaaaad! (and no, searching for updates won't work this time! It appeared right after updating to 1809)

    Oh and when I put the settings to basic I get in red letters that the handwriting or typing could not be sent due to my privacysettings?! When I slide it to full the red text about handwriting goes away.
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 56,849
    Multi-boot Windows 10/11 - RTM, RP, Beta, and Insider
       #491

    RingTailCoon said:
    Well you guys, I tried really EVERYTHING that was to find on Google over *Some settings are hidden... in red text in my Privacy settings. Setting 3 is grayed out (FULL) and I tried everything to remove the above red text. Nothing works. And sometimes I get a message that my privacy options were changed (HUH??!?!??!?!??!)

    And it's ONLY in the Privacy section of the Settings in Windows. There's just no way that that text is going to away. I had it 2 days ago in Windows Update but that one just went away.

    Please help me you guys! That little text in red is driving me maaaaaaaaad! (and no, searching for updates won't work this time! It appeared right after updating to 1809)

    Oh and when I put the settings to basic I get in red letters that the handwriting or typing could not be sent due to my privacysettings?!
    Which third setting? Pic???
      My Computers


  3. Posts : 264
    Windows 10 Pro
       #492

    AndrewDG62 said:
    Thanks flhthemi. Used update assistant and all is now well. Though I do now have a 3.5gb folder called ESD on my C: drive, not sure what it's for though, any thoughts ?
    Don't have it on my drive. Did you check for updates after you used the Assistant? That might be why i don't have it? I ran windows update after using the Assistant and it updated again...strange.

    Disk Cleanup (admin mode) might take it out if you can't manually delete it.

    Windows 10 October 2018 Update rollout now paused-annotation.png

    Funny how this update is going...I have 2 Zotac BI320s. One of them updated with WU. The other doesn't. My old toshiba P305-S8842 updated with WU. NONE of my other PCs are finding it. I guess I'll just wait till the 9th and see what happens.
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 1,750
    Windows 10 HOME 64-BIT
       #493

    f14tomcat said:
    Which third setting? Pic???
    Windows 10 October 2018 Update rollout now paused-aaaaa.jpgWindows 10 October 2018 Update rollout now paused-bbbbbbbb.jpgI'm out of options here...
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 384
    Windows 10 Home x64
       #494

    AndrewDG62 said:
    Can it be deleted ?
    A disk cleanup should remove it but manual deletion is OK if your upgrade went OK.
      My Computers


  6. Posts : 56,849
    Multi-boot Windows 10/11 - RTM, RP, Beta, and Insider
       #495

    RingTailCoon said:
    Windows 10 October 2018 Update rollout now paused-aaaaa.jpgWindows 10 October 2018 Update rollout now paused-bbbbbbbb.jpg
    English version of that is like mine. I have O&O Shutup with most telemetry shutdown. That's why mine. Also, the Handwriting/Typing is keylogger type data, and can't be sent in Basic mode. That's what I understand. Not much help, but all I know.

    Windows 10 October 2018 Update rollout now paused-2018-10-05_16h49_57.png
      My Computers


  7. Posts : 1,750
    Windows 10 HOME 64-BIT
       #496

    f14tomcat said:
    English version of that is like mine. I have O&O Shutup with most telemetry shutdown. That's why mine. Also, the Handwriting/Typing is keylogger type data, and can't be sent in Basic mode. That's what I understand. Not much help, but all I know.

    Windows 10 October 2018 Update rollout now paused-2018-10-05_16h49_57.png
    T
    Thanks anyhow, looks like I'm not the only one with that dreaded sentence on top of the Privacy options. But isn't there any way to get rid of it? Anyone? Hello?
      My Computer


  8. Posts : 384
    Windows 10 Home x64
       #497

    RingTailCoon said:
    T
    Thanks anyhow, looks like I'm not the only one with that dreaded sentence on top of the Privacy options. But isn't there any way to get rid of it? Anyone? Hello?
    Windows 10 October 2018 Update rollout now paused-screenshot-2018-10-05-22.01.08.png

    Might just be because you've been in the settings or set them during installation. I upgraded from the same settings.
      My Computers


  9. Posts : 1,750
    Windows 10 HOME 64-BIT
       #498

    winactive said:
    Windows 10 October 2018 Update rollout now paused-screenshot-2018-10-05-22.01.08.png

    Might just be because you've been in the settings or set them during installation. I upgraded from the same settings.
    I updated via Windows Update :) I entered/changed nothing during installation.
      My Computer


  10. Posts : 56,849
    Multi-boot Windows 10/11 - RTM, RP, Beta, and Insider
       #499

    RingTailCoon said:
    I updated via Windows Update :) I entered/changed nothing during installation.
    Wild guess, cause I don't know. Is Inking and Typing have to do with Touch Screen? And MS is talking about On Screen stuff, like Pen Handwriting AI and all that gobbledygook?
      My Computers


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:43.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums