Windows 10 October 2018 Update rollout now paused  


  1. Posts : 3,453
       #470

    jrolson said:
    Is this something they can fix in a future update or will I have to live with this blinding white flash everytime I open a window?
    Good question.. as far as I know Win32 API's are no longer in development, so current scenario will persist but with the migration to UWP it should be solved ... well hoping

    (there is still a hybrid of Win32 and UWP API's currently)
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 80
    Windows 10 Anniversary update RTM
       #471

    catspyjamas said:
    Interesting. I seem to be having the same problem with MS Sticky Notes. I have 4 computers - 1 Win 10 Pro & 3 Win 10 Home. All 4 were upgraded to 1809 yesterday. One of my Win 10 Home machines actually got the update to Sticky Notes version 3 before the upgrade, and I expected the other 3 to receive the new Sticky Notes after upgrading to 1809, but nada.... I have tried manually checking for app updates in the Store, and have received updates for other apps, but nothing for Sticky Notes. Since Sticky Notes do not have an option to uninstall, I tried resetting the app in settings, but all that did was re-download the same out-of-date version 2.1.18.0 version.

    I'm not sure if I have the latest Snip & Sketch... My version 10.1806.2112.0. Is that the latest?

    Anyone else still stuck on old Sticky Notes?
    i dont have it on my system either it brings up the store link if i used the old snipet but theres no store option
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 80
    Windows 10 Anniversary update RTM
       #472

    catspyjamas said:
    Interesting. I seem to be having the same problem with MS Sticky Notes. I have 4 computers - 1 Win 10 Pro & 3 Win 10 Home. All 4 were upgraded to 1809 yesterday. One of my Win 10 Home machines actually got the update to Sticky Notes version 3 before the upgrade, and I expected the other 3 to receive the new Sticky Notes after upgrading to 1809, but nada.... I have tried manually checking for app updates in the Store, and have received updates for other apps, but nothing for Sticky Notes. Since Sticky Notes do not have an option to uninstall, I tried resetting the app in settings, but all that did was re-download the same out-of-date version 2.1.18.0 version.

    I'm not sure if I have the latest Snip & Sketch... My version 10.1806.2112.0. Is that the latest?

    Anyone else still stuck on old Sticky Notes?

    microsoft is so lucky that for the most part the general population is not computer savy really they could just put out anything and people will install it.
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 56,484
    Multi-boot Windows 10/11 - RTM, RP, Beta, and Insider
       #473

    catspyjamas said:
    Interesting. I seem to be having the same problem with MS Sticky Notes. I have 4 computers - 1 Win 10 Pro & 3 Win 10 Home. All 4 were upgraded to 1809 yesterday. One of my Win 10 Home machines actually got the update to Sticky Notes version 3 before the upgrade, and I expected the other 3 to receive the new Sticky Notes after upgrading to 1809, but nada.... I have tried manually checking for app updates in the Store, and have received updates for other apps, but nothing for Sticky Notes. Since Sticky Notes do not have an option to uninstall, I tried resetting the app in settings, but all that did was re-download the same out-of-date version 2.1.18.0 version.

    I'm not sure if I have the latest Snip & Sketch... My version 10.1806.2112.0. Is that the latest?

    Anyone else still stuck on old Sticky Notes?
    Latest S & S is:

    Windows 10 October 2018 Update rollout now paused-2018-10-05_14h48_46.png
      My Computers


  5. Posts : 384
    Windows 10 Home x64
       #474

    Yeah I still have old sticky notes.
      My Computers


  6. Posts : 131
    MSWindows 10 Enterprise 64bits build (21H2) 19044.1466
       #475

    REALLY! I CANNOT USE UPPER CASE HERE!

    What is the real function of this button, then? Windows 10 October 2018 Update rollout now paused-image.png

    Excuse me sir, I will spend my time formating my C:
    For while, read this:
    The October 2018 Update is preventing modern apps from connecting to the internet for some

    By Muhammad Jarir Kanji @M_Kanji ∑ Oct 5, 2018 13:58 EDT!

    SOURCES: The October 2018 Update is preventing modern apps from connecting to the internet for some - Neowin

    MS Windows 10 PRO 1803, Im going back ... build 1809 byeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

    NOTE: for a moment, I thought Windows ME had come back to life!
    Last edited by Brink; 05 Oct 2018 at 17:08. Reason: not needed
      My Computer


  7. Posts : 1,099
    Win 10 pro Upgraded from 8.1
       #476

    emailx45 said:
    REALLY! I CANNOT USE UPPER CASE HERE!

    What is the real function of this button, then? Windows 10 October 2018 Update rollout now paused-image.png

    Excuse me sir, I will spend my time formating my C:
    For while, read this:
    The October 2018 Update is preventing modern apps from connecting to the internet for some

    By Muhammad Jarir Kanji @M_Kanji ∑ Oct 5, 2018 13:58 EDT!

    SOURCES: The October 2018 Update is preventing modern apps from connecting to the internet for some - Neowin

    MS Windows 10 PRO 1803, Im going back ... build 1809 byeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

    NOTE: for a moment, I thought Windows ME had come back to life!
    Really I'm having no issues with 1 notebook and 2 desktops all running 10 Pro 1809
    You must have had some serious issue before upgrading or be running some software that is no longer supported?
    Last edited by Brink; 05 Oct 2018 at 17:09. Reason: not needed in quote
      My Computers


  8. Posts : 19,453
    W11+W11 Developer Insider + Linux
       #477

    emailx45 said:
    REALLY! I CANNOT USE UPPER CASE HERE!

    What is the real function of this button, then? Windows 10 October 2018 Update rollout now paused-image.png

    Excuse me sir, I will spend my time formating my C:
    For while, read this:
    The October 2018 Update is preventing modern apps from connecting to the internet for some

    By Muhammad Jarir Kanji @M_Kanji ∑ Oct 5, 2018 13:58 EDT!

    SOURCES: The October 2018 Update is preventing modern apps from connecting to the internet for some - Neowin

    MS Windows 10 PRO 1803, Im going back ... build 1809 byeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

    NOTE: for a moment, I thought Windows ME had come back to life!

    You can but it's bad form:

    Anyway, there's also this on same page Android users embrace Windows 10 as Your Phone Companion tops charts on the Play Store

    and doesn't look like excellent OS as Millennium was.
    Last edited by Brink; 05 Oct 2018 at 17:10. Reason: not needed in quote
      My Computers


  9. Posts : 1,151
    Windows 10 Pro
       #478

    winactive said:
    Yeah I still have old sticky notes.
    I got new one check your store updates
      My Computer


  10. Posts : 13,136
    Win10 Version 21H2 Pro and Home, Win11 Pro and Home
       #479

    f14tomcat said:
    Latest S & S is:

    Windows 10 October 2018 Update rollout now paused-2018-10-05_14h48_46.png
    I have the same on both of my IP computers with Win10 Version 1809 Build 18252.1000, hasn't come to my RTM Version 1809 Build 17763.1 machines yet.
      My Computers


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:52.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums