Windows 10 October 2018 Update rollout now paused


  1. Posts : 3,453
       #410

    emailx45 said:
    if you use glasses, you know like "white" is badl... very very bad to eyes!
    I don't (use glasses) but I appreciate that... hence "make it configurable" - going UWP is all about visuals, they can easily implement that.

    PS: I don't normally plug my own apps but there is no "White" here: Windows 10 October 2018 Update rollout now paused-capture.png

    BTW: Is there a reg key that determines dark explorer? I would like to check that at startup to determine light or dark mode...
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 1,961
    Windows 10 Pro x64
       #411

    Hi Superfly , you helped us with some problems , some time ago .
    May we ask you again for a solution ?
    We have a tsunami of " User Profile Service id=1534 " in our eventlog .
    Is there anything we can do about it , installed 3 times , but these errors/warnings come back after each reboot..........
    Dont know which log to switch off ( eventlog right ) , hope you can help us .......
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 3,453
       #412

    pietcorus2 said:
    Hi Superfly , you helped us with some problems , some time ago .
    May we ask you again for a solution ?
    We have a tsunami of " User Profile Service id=1534 " in our eventlog .
    Is there anything we can do about it , installed 3 times , but these errors/warnings come back after each reboot..........
    Dont know which log to switch off ( eventlog right ) , hope you can help us .......
    Sure, it will only be over the weekend tho'...

    How do I replicate the error and what ideally would you like? Note, we can't switch off the eventlog entirely, we can only intercept the error event being written to the log etc...

    PS It seems to be user group related... I will need your Active Directory structure to replicate (i.e which user groups your userid is part of) PM me that if you want.
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 1,961
    Windows 10 Pro x64
       #413

    " we can only intercept the error event being written to the log etc..."...............would be fine , no tsunami on my PC anymore...
    Will wait for solution ! ( have a nice weekend , thanks )
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 3,453
       #414

    pietcorus2 said:
    " we can only intercept the error event being written to the log etc..."...............would be fine , no tsunami on my PC anymore...
    Will wait for solution ! ( have a nice weekend , thanks )
    OK, you too -- See my PS above - and give me steps to replicate the error.
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 1,961
    Windows 10 Pro x64
       #415

    Im the only user and administrator of this PC , mainly using it as a user ( not administrator with passwords )
    I dont use password as a user , no problems with booting as a user or administrator....
    - <System>
    <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-User Profiles Service" Guid="{89b1e9f0-5aff-44a6-9b44-0a07a7ce5845}" />

    <EventID>1534</EventID>

    <Version>0</Version>

    <Level>3</Level>

    <Task>0</Task>

    <Opcode>0</Opcode>

    <Keywords>0x8000000000000000</Keywords>

    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2018-10-04T18:52:18.860107700Z" />

    <EventRecordID>1290</EventRecordID>

    <Correlation />

    <Execution ProcessID="1996" ThreadID="2196" />

    <Channel>Application</Channel>

    <Computer>Piet-PC</Computer>

    <Security UserID="S-1-5-18" />

    </System>


    - <EventData Name="EVENT_PROFILE_NOTIFICATION_FAIL">
    <Data Name="Event">Load</Data>

    <Data Name="Component">{B31118B2-1F49-48E5-B6F5-BC21CAEC56FB}</Data>

    <Data Name="Error">See Tracelogging for error details</Data>

    </EventData>


    </Event
      My Computer


  7. Posts : 1,800
    10 Home 64-bit | v22H2 | Build - 19045.3930
       #416

    ThrashZone said:
    Hi,
    Looks like they are hacking MS now
    Anything's possible, wasn't it MS that revealed Russian intrusions back in August? In today's climate that is enough of a reason for a black hat to put a target on MS's back.

    Just as a thought experiment; How hard would it be to inject something into the files on a MS server?


    alphanumeric said:
    Shuffling mine also fixed it. I had English Canada and English US. Moved English US to top and it now says Devices. I guess Dispositius is French for Devices?
    Close, Catalan.
    Catalan (/ˈkætəlæn, -ən, ˌkætəˈlæn/;[5] autonym: català) is a Western Romance language derived from Vulgar Latin and named after the medieval Principality of Catalonia, in northeastern modern Spain. Source
    Windows 10 October 2018 Update rollout now paused-cata.png
    Source


    Windows 10 October 2018 Update rollout now paused-dispo.png
    Source

      My Computers


  8. Posts : 1,471
    Win10 Home x64 - 1809
       #417

    Hey pietcorus2,
    You can fix the Event ID 1534 - User Profile Service Warning by doing the following. I've done this on both my PC's with no unintended side affects that I've seen. If you're not comfortable doing the following, then don't and wait for MS to fix it :)

    1. Open Regedit and navigate to the following two keys
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ProfileNotification
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ProfileNotification
    2. Under ProfileNotification check if you have the TDL key
    3. Export the TDL key at each location
    4. Delete the TDL key at each location
    5. Reboot PC to verify

    Note:
    1. You'll need take ownership of the TDL Key to be able to delete it.
    2. You can use PowerRun or ExecTi so you can run Regedit as TrustedInstaller which will allow you to delete the TDL key without messing with registry permissions. ExecTi, is the easier of the two as it requires no configuration.
    PowerRun v1.3 (Run with highest privileges)
    ExecTI

    3. I did NOT delete B31118B2-1F49-48E5-B6F5-BC21CAEC56FB key that I found under a couple of the \CLSID when searching the registry, all tho I believe they are safe to delete.
      My Computers


  9. Posts : 3,453
       #418

    pietcorus2 said:
    Im the only user and administrator of this PC , mainly using it as a user ( not administrator with passwords )
    I dont use password as a user , no problems with booting as a user or administrator....
    - <System>
    <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-User Profiles Service" Guid="{89b1e9f0-5aff-44a6-9b44-0a07a7ce5845}" />

    <EventID>1534</EventID>

    <Version>0</Version>

    <Level>3</Level>

    <Task>0</Task>

    <Opcode>0</Opcode>

    <Keywords>0x8000000000000000</Keywords>

    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2018-10-04T18:52:18.860107700Z" />

    <EventRecordID>1290</EventRecordID>

    <Correlation />

    <Execution ProcessID="1996" ThreadID="2196" />

    <Channel>Application</Channel>

    <Computer>Piet-PC</Computer>

    <Security UserID="S-1-5-18" />

    </System>


    - <EventData Name="EVENT_PROFILE_NOTIFICATION_FAIL">
    <Data Name="Event">Load</Data>

    <Data Name="Component">{B31118B2-1F49-48E5-B6F5-BC21CAEC56FB}</Data>

    <Data Name="Error">See Tracelogging for error details</Data>

    </EventData>


    </Event
    Hmmm ...TraceLogging would be interesting...

    Eagle51 said:
    Hey pietcorus2,
    You can fix the Event ID 1534 - User Profile Service Warning by doing the following. I've done this on both my PC's with no unintended side affects that I've seen. If you're not comfortable doing the following, then don't and wait for MS to fix it :)

    1. Open Regedit and navigate to the following two keys
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ProfileNotification
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ProfileNotification
    2. Under ProfileNotification check if you have the TDL key
    3. Export the TDL key at each location
    4. Delete the TDL key at each location
    5. Reboot PC to verify

    Note:
    1. You'll need take ownership of the TDL Key to be able to delete it.
    2. You can use PowerRun or ExecTi so you can run Regedit as TrustedInstaller which will allow you to delete the TDL key without messing with registry permissions. ExecTi, is the easier of the two as it requires no configuration.
    PowerRun v1.3 (Run with highest privileges)
    ExecTI

    3. I did NOT delete B31118B2-1F49-48E5-B6F5-BC21CAEC56FB key that I found under a couple of the \CLSID when searching the registry, all tho I believe they are safe to delete.
    Why wait for MS? that could take forever... if this is a fix, it can be automated.
      My Computer


  10. Posts : 62
    Windows 10 Home
       #419

    After almost 2 hours downloading / Installing ? I restart, it won't install, Below image shows pending restart and no restart button as I usually get, Any help would be appreciated, I have restarted 6 times and run the (pointless) troubleshooter 5 times.
    Windows 10 October 2018 Update rollout now paused-untitled-1.jpg
      My Computer


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 00:08.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums