Windows 10 October 2018 Update rollout now paused


  1. Posts : 197
    Windows 10 Pro x64
       #3320

    Wynona said:
    Those "so called insiders" you speak of happen to be us, Ghost. We're testing Windows 10; we don't have anything to do with "hyping and marketing" it, although I will admit there are some Microsoft "fanbois" here.
    I think I didn't explain myself properly. When saying 'when the s**t hits the fan' you can understan 'when the s**t spreads all over'. I'm not referring to fans as people who loves Microsoft or Windows. I guess we all here do, otherwise wouldn't be using Windows.

    By 'so called insiders' I'm not referring specifically to anyone here, and of course not to those, like you, who are on the insider program. I'm talking about actual Microsoft insiders (workers, CEO, people with 'contacts' or whatever...).
    Last edited by Brink; 09 Nov 2018 at 15:01.
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 31,182
    10 Home x64 (22H2) (10 Pro on 2nd pc)
       #3321

    pietcorus2 said:
    13 November will be " D-Day " for 1809 ...........
    As in "D" for "Delete user files (again)" ?
      My Computers


  3. Posts : 2,557
    Windows 10 pro x64-bit
       #3322

    pietcorus2 said:
    13 November will be " D-Day " for 1809 ...........
    Backup first , take care !
    For the life of me, where did you get this info? Is it from a safe reliable source?. Just curious!
      My Computers


  4. Posts : 68,279
    64-bit Windows 11 Pro for Workstations
    Thread Starter
       #3323
      My Computers


  5. Posts : 1,463
    Windows 10 Pro 22H2 64 bit
       #3324

    IronZorg89 said:
    For the life of me, where did you get this info? Is it from a safe reliable source?. Just curious!
    Nov 13 is Patch Tuesday so it is just a guest.
    I am staying on 1803 and looking for a CU on that day.

    Jim
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 3,274
    Windows 10 and windows insider
       #3325
      My Computer


  7. Posts : 2,557
    Windows 10 pro x64-bit
       #3326

    Phone Man said:
    Nov 13 is Patch Tuesday so it is just a guest.
    I am staying on 1803 and looking for a CU on that day.

    Jim
    Ah! just conjecture. As I said in one of my previous posts, Patch Tuesday is not as reliable as before. How many times have we seen MS pulled out some out-of-band updates. They are having so many issues right now that I think even the highest tier in the organization (Redmond) doesn't have an inkling of the date for the re-releasing of 1809. But I will join you in having a drink also
      My Computers


  8. Posts : 50,055
    Windows 10 Home 64bit 21H1 and insider builds
       #3327

    IronZorg89 said:
    Ah! just conjecture. As I said in one of my previous posts, Patch Tuesday is not as reliable as before. How many times have we seen MS pulled out some out-of-band updates. They are having so many issues right now that I think even the highest tier in the organization (Redmond) doesn't have an inkling of the date for the re-releasing of 1809. But I will join you in having a drink also
    There may be more out of band releases now but MS has never yet missed releasing something on Patch Tuesday.
      My Computer


  9. Posts : 7,128
    Windows 10 Pro Insider
       #3328

    Josey Wales said:
    Those are called "Employees" Myself and many others are insiders that do this to help. The Employees get paid, we get Nada.
    MS has a team of employees working on the Insider Builds. They are the inside Insiders. We as volunteer Insiders are outside Insiders. We can only report problems. Part of their job is to try and fix reported problems before a new build is released to the public.
      My Computers


  10. Posts : 2,557
    Windows 10 pro x64-bit
       #3329

    kado897 said:
    There may be more out of band releases now but MS has never yet missed releasing something on Patch Tuesday.
    Correct me if I am wrong!. Did they release something on October 12, 2018. I am not even sure myself; I will have to check the update history or Reliability Monitor
      My Computers


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 18:23.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums