Windows 10 October 2018 Update rollout now paused


  1. Posts : 19,518
    W11+W11 Developer Insider + Linux
       #3000

    slicendice said:
    No you can't in a company where the help desk is on the other side of the world, BIOS is password locked, HDD hardware and software encrypted and any type of USB or DVD boot is completely disabled.

    Only way to fix the issue is to replace the physical computer with a working one and send the broken one to the other side of the globe.
    Can send only disk, no need for whole computer but I wasn't talking about some computer on the other side of world, only a computer in front of you.
      My Computers


  2. Posts : 4,666
    Windows 10 Pro x64 21H1 Build 19043.1151 (Branch: Release Preview)
       #3001

    CountMike said:
    Can send only disk, no need for whole computer but I wasn't talking about some computer on the other side of world, only a computer in front of you.
    No you can't if encryption is hardware locked.
      My Computers


  3. Posts : 11,247
    Windows / Linux : Arch Linux
       #3002

    Hi folks
    A bit academic as I think anybody who has the knowlege to use these tools would certainly or very rarely be in that predicament as they'd have backup and could certainly restore a system.

    Of course the argument also revolves around the fact if the OP has a non functioning computer and doesn't have these tools how would he / she get them in the first place !!!!

    As always it's worth repeating ad nauseam to all windows users -- there's so many good free backup tools around now - it's simply bonkers not to use them.

    Cheers
    jimbo
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 4,666
    Windows 10 Pro x64 21H1 Build 19043.1151 (Branch: Release Preview)
       #3003

    jimbo45 said:
    Hi folks
    A bit academic as I think anybody who has the knowlege to use these tools would certainly or very rarely be in that predicament as they'd have backup and could certainly restore a system.

    Of course the argument also revolves around the fact if the OP has a non functioning computer and doesn't have these tools how would he / she get them in the first place !!!!

    As always it's worth repeating ad nauseam to all windows users -- there's so many good free backup tools around now - it's simply bonkers not to use them.

    Cheers
    jimbo
    I fully agree!
      My Computers


  5. Posts : 42,943
    Win 10 Pro (22H2) (2nd PC is 22H2)
       #3004
      My Computers


  6. Posts : 19,518
    W11+W11 Developer Insider + Linux
       #3005

    slicendice said:
    No you can't if encryption is hardware locked.
    Lol, if everything blows up it would be even more difficult.
      My Computers


  7. Posts : 11,247
    Windows / Linux : Arch Linux
       #3006

    Hi there

    ....If you accept this mission ....... This device will self destruct in 10 secs .......

    Cheers
    jimbo
      My Computer


  8. Posts : 19,518
    W11+W11 Developer Insider + Linux
       #3007

    jimbo45 said:
    Hi there

    ....If you accept this mission ....... This device will self destruct in 10 secs .......

    Cheers
    jimbo
    No doubt !!
      My Computers


  9. Posts : 208
    Win 10
       #3008

    Woke up today and my time didn't change today (daylight saving), I had to go into settings>date an time and toggle "set time automatically"
    This is 1809 (17763.55).
    Edit: I do have app locations off in privacy but AFAIK that shouldn't affect time as its set to EST and default location is correct.
    Last edited by EdKiefer; 04 Nov 2018 at 08:14.
      My Computer


  10. Posts : 131
    Windows 10 Pro x64
       #3009

    Feedback Hub links somehow don't work for me, it just opens insider.windows.com in the browser. Could the fact that I'm a non-insider on 1809 be the cause? Actually I've noticed the same on another non-insider machine too..
      My Computer


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 13:59.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums