Windows 10 October 2018 Update rollout now paused


  1. Posts : 42,922
    Win 10 Pro (22H2) (2nd PC is 22H2)
       #2250

    .. for people who walk sideways? Or maybe just for Insiders?
      My Computers


  2. Posts : 19,518
    W11+W11 Developer Insider + Linux
       #2251

    cereberus said:
    What is a sidewalk ;-)?
    Sidewalk - Wikipedia
      My Computers


  3. Posts : 50,055
    Windows 10 Home 64bit 21H1 and insider builds
       #2252

    CountMike said:
    Our local council have taken to calling them footways.
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 42,922
    Win 10 Pro (22H2) (2nd PC is 22H2)
       #2253

    That might help the cyclists who illegally cycle on footways/pavements here to remember their purpose. And apparently the government is to make pavement parking ?illegal - well, not allowed in the Highway Code - outside London...

    And since many pavements are not paved but tarmac now...perhaps they need to be renamed.
      My Computers


  5. Posts : 2,491
    Windows Insider Fast Ring LatestKUuuntu 20.10
       #2254

    cereberus said:
    What is a sidewalk ;-)?
    A place you don't want to be when a car is coming for you.
      My Computers


  6. Posts : 11,247
    Windows / Linux : Arch Linux
       #2255

    kado897 said:
    Our local council have taken to calling them footways.
    Hi there

    out here once you get out of town there aren't even anything most people would call Roads !!!! -- apart from the main ring road right round the country most of them are little better than farm tracks and often impassable in Winter -- so if you don't have a 4X4 or a helicopter you are stuck !!!!!!.

    What does one actually do with a footway ?? -- throw clay feet at it

    Cheers
    jimbo
      My Computer


  7. Posts : 19,518
    W11+W11 Developer Insider + Linux
       #2256

    martyfelker said:
    A place you don't want to be when a car is coming for you.
    Reckless Car Crashes onto Sidewalk || ViralHog - YouTube
      My Computers


  8. Posts : 50,055
    Windows 10 Home 64bit 21H1 and insider builds
       #2257

    jimbo45 said:
    Hi there

    out here once you get out of town there aren't even anything most people would call Roads !!!! -- apart from the main ring road right round the country most of them are little better than farm tracks and often impassable in Winter -- so if you don't have a 4X4 or a helicopter you are stuck !!!!!!.

    What does one actually do with a footway ?? -- throw clay feet at it

    Cheers
    jimbo
    One perambulates along them.
      My Computer


  9. Posts : 11,247
    Windows / Linux : Arch Linux
       #2258

    Hi there
    you mean people in the UK actually travel not using cars etc -- last time I was in London I was stupid enough to use a Bus from Marble Arch to bottom end of Oxford Street --- took nearly 90 Mins -- could (and should) have walked it in about 20 mins !!! any sort of traffic in London is absolutely horrific -- and don't even THINK about trains or the Metro ("Tube") in rush hour which seems to last from 05.30 until around midnight every day including Sundays !!

    Anyway I think we've got a bit OT here !!! so is the betting new release / update this week.

    Cheers
    jimbo
      My Computer


  10. Posts : 50,055
    Windows 10 Home 64bit 21H1 and insider builds
       #2259

    jimbo45 said:
    Hi there
    you mean people in the UK actually travel not using cars etc -- last time I was in London I was stupid enough to use a Bus from Marble Arch to bottom end of Oxford Street --- took nearly 90 Mins -- could (and should) have walked it in about 20 mins !!! any sort of traffic in London is absolutely horrific -- and don't even THINK about trains or the Metro ("Tube") in rush hour which seems to last from 05.30 until around midnight every day including Sundays !!

    Anyway I think we've got a bit OT here !!! so is the betting new release / update this week.

    Cheers
    jimbo
    That's strange since Oxford Street is limited to busses and taxis. Agree traffic in London is dreadful though.
      My Computer


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 15:07.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums