Windows 10 October 2018 Update rollout now paused


  1. Posts : 56,822
    Multi-boot Windows 10/11 - RTM, RP, Beta, and Insider
       #1390

    @Brink ... Shawn, maybe add this Tweet link to the list on Page #1?

    Windows 10 October 2018 Update rollout now paused - Page 139 - Windows 10 Forums
      My Computers


  2. Posts : 68,821
    64-bit Windows 11 Pro for Workstations
    Thread Starter
       #1391

    @f14tomcat,

    Done.
      My Computers


  3. Posts : 10
    Windows 10 home
       #1392

    If the updates are paused why my computer is trying to update to build 1809 every day, They did not stop it, I needed to disable automatic updates for a while
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 4,666
    Windows 10 Pro x64 21H1 Build 19043.1151 (Branch: Release Preview)
       #1393

    Lol, you're not an insider if you're still on previous Windows version. I don't think MS has quite thought this one through. And if you're in Fast Ring you'll be getting build 18252 after registering device for IP-programme.

    Only people getting 17763.17 are the ones... well I'm not quite sure if there is anyone getting it.

    What a mess.
      My Computers


  5. Posts : 56,822
    Multi-boot Windows 10/11 - RTM, RP, Beta, and Insider
       #1394

    slicendice said:
    Lol, you're not an insider if you're still on previous Windows version. I don't think MS has quite thought this one through. And if you're in Fast Ring you'll be getting build 18252 after registering device for IP-programme.

    Only people getting 17763.17 are the ones... well I'm not quite sure if there is anyone getting it.

    What a mess.
    I'm on all of them. 1803 main OS (deferred, waiting.....), and all the Insider rings, except Slow. I've got a smorgasbord of all of it!
      My Computers


  6. Posts : 56,822
    Multi-boot Windows 10/11 - RTM, RP, Beta, and Insider
       #1395

    Danutak said:
    If the updates are paused why my computer is trying to update to build 1809 every day, They did not stop it, I needed to disable automatic updates for a while
    You sure it's trying to update 1809? "Feature Update"? And not a cumulative?
      My Computers


  7. Posts : 30,167
    Windows 11 Pro x64 Version 23H2
       #1396

    Danutak said:
    If the updates are paused why my computer is trying to update to build 1809 every day, They did not stop it, I needed to disable automatic updates for a while
    @Danutak

    If it is downloading the update each day, set your connection to Metered.

    You may also be able to hide an update.

    Hide or Show Windows Updates in Windows 10
      My Computer


  8. Posts : 521
    Microsoft Windows 10 Home 64-bit 18363 Multiprocessor Free
       #1397

    The upgrade wiped out my wi-fi drivers. Was off line for a while until I downloaded it reinstalled it.

    I should not have to fix issues their upgrades introduce
      My Computer


  9. Posts : 5,478
    2004
       #1398

    dictum said:
    The upgrade wiped out my wi-fi drivers. Was off line for a while until I downloaded it reinstalled it.

    I should not have to fix issues their upgrades introduce
    It deleted all the services I'd set up manually too - for undervolting with ThrottleStop and some fan control I wanted to start before logon.

    I don't recall if it did it in the past but presumably the point of a 6 month refresh (if there is any point at all) is to delete anything you may have done to break their expected set-up.
      My Computer


  10. Posts : 15,476
    Windows10
       #1399

    dictum said:
    The upgrade wiped out my wi-fi drivers. Was off line for a while until I downloaded it reinstalled it.

    I should not have to fix issues their upgrades introduce
    It probably did not actually wipe out the drivers but did not reinstall them. In the past Windows 10 was lenient about drivers without signed certificates ie if they had been installed, it would use them on a reinstall.

    With 1809, it refuses to use a driver without a certificate, and you have to go via advanced recovery options to update wifi to the existing driver.

    I had to do this but here's the thing - after I rebooted, it did NOT REMEMBER, so I had to keep redupdating driver.

    In the end, I searched high and low until I found a signed driver.

    This change in behaviour is too draconian - whether it is a bug or deliberate, I cannot say
      My Computer


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:36.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums