Windows 10 October 2018 Update rollout now paused


  1. Posts : 622
    Windows 10 Pro x64
       #1110

    f14tomcat said:
    Fast Ring is no longer RS4. It's RS5, 18252. Can't push a new RS4 to RS5.

    Can't be a CU or the like, because it would require downloading and installing the release that eats the files, then patching it after the horses are out of the barn Somebody else posted that earlier. Has to be a new Feature Update like 17763.15.
    Also if you uncheck the box saying "check for updates" before installing using MCT which I do on slow computers because it takes forever, it will still pull the bad update. Only a new Release Build can fix it like it did with the April 2018 update.
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 29,078
    Windows 10 21H1 Build 19043.1023
       #1111

    reddice said:
    All my spell checkers mark cheque with a red error. Some even change it to quench.Attachment 207510
    Your language is English US.
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 15,037
    Windows 10 IoT
       #1112

    Wynona said:
    Your language is English US.
    Was just going to suggest that as a possible factor. I have English US and English Canada installed. It spell checks OK for me.
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 622
    Windows 10 Pro x64
       #1113

    Wynona said:
    Your language is English US.
    So confusing. Why can the entire world use the same English language. Wonder if other languages have this issue or it is just the terrible English language?
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 15,474
    Windows10
       #1114

    lx07 said:
    They are US states. AK is Alaska, AR is Arkansas. Today is Columbus Day. I think you'd not do so well on jeopardy.

    I do. For my rent or tax always and in supermarket sometimes. Sometimes they prefer a card, sometimes a cheque. They even print them out at the till to save you filling them in.
    I was not being serious about the States - I did put :-D. We should not forget it is a global site - lol.

    Paying by cheque in a Supermarket - yee gads! I used to want to strangle people who dithered writing a cheque when they could use a debit card in seconds.

    It must be nearly 10 years since cheques were used like that. About the only time anybody uses them is for postal payments.
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 29,078
    Windows 10 21H1 Build 19043.1023
       #1115

    reddice said:
    So confusing. Why can the entire world use the same English language. Wonder if other languages have this issue or it is just the terrible English language?
    Ummmm, what if someone suggested the whole world should use the Chinese language? Or Russian. Or Spanish (more than one version of that too). Or, maybe Swahili?
      My Computer


  7. Posts : 15,037
    Windows 10 IoT
       #1116

    reddice said:
    So confusing. Why can the entire world use the same English language. Wonder if other languages have this issue or it is just the terrible English language?
    Don't get me started on that. I select English US as thats the keyboard layout I have. As soon as I change my location to Canada, windows installs the English Canada language pack. For Cortona compatibility as near as I can tell. If I select English Canada as my main language my keyboard is all messed up with some of the French letters etc.
    It's even worse on my raspberry Pi, it installs English UK as default, that really messes up my keyboard, lol.
      My Computer


  8. Posts : 29,078
    Windows 10 21H1 Build 19043.1023
       #1117

    cereberus said:
    I was not being serious about the States - I did put :-D. We should not forget it is a global site - lol.

    Paying by cheque in a Supermarket - yee gads! I used to want to strangle people who dithered writing a cheque when they could use a debit card in seconds.

    It must be nearly 10 years since cheques were used like that. About the only time anybody uses them is for postal payments.
    There are times when I have to use a check, but for the most part, a box of checks now lasts me several years, rather than months. One more industry bites the dust.
      My Computer


  9. Posts : 15,474
    Windows10
       #1118

    reddice said:
    Also if you uncheck the box saying "check for updates" before installing using MCT which I do on slow computers because it takes forever, it will still pull the bad update. Only a new Release Build can fix it like it did with the April 2018 update.
    Ah I get it now "checks for updates".

    I see now that US citizens have to write out and send money for updates. I did not know that!
      My Computer


  10. Posts : 19,517
    W11+W11 Developer Insider + Linux
       #1119

    reddice said:
    So confusing. Why can the entire world use the same English language. Wonder if other languages have this issue or it is just the terrible English language?
    Cheque is french word and spelling,
    cheque
    tʃɛk/
    noun
    noun: cheque; plural noun: cheques; noun: check; plural noun: checks

    • an order to a bank to pay a stated sum from the drawer's account, written on a specially printed form.
      "they presented him with a cheque for £4,000"




      My Computers


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 19:55.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums