Windows 10: New Windows 10 Insider Preview Fast & Skip Ahead Build 17704 - June 27 Insider

Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
  1.    29 Jun 2018 #100

    Kari said: View Post
    It's not a question about a specific format being accepted. PNG image files are much bigger than for instance JPG files. If you think sites like our Ten Forums, and especially if you want to do your part in helping the site work and function better, you use format that does not require extra rendering power, storage space and slow down showing the page.

    Here's a simple example.

    Below the same screenshot from a 4K display, first as PNG image, then as a JPG image. The PNG image is double the size of the JPG image, yet when you are browsing this thread you can see no difference:

    PNG:

    Attachment 193912

    Attachment 193914

    JPG:

    Attachment 193911

    Attachment 193915

    You could say that using PNG file format is selfish; you want to use a format you find superior, although the fact is that not you nor anyone else can see any difference in screenshots you post.

    Kari
    That too as well as less to upload and that can save bandwidth where it's restricted and time where internet is slow.
    Another thing, much less disk/storage/online backup-transfer space used.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  2. LEOPEVA64's Avatar
    Posts : 840
    WINDOWS 10 Pro x64 builds 17763.55, 18252.1000.
       29 Jun 2018 #101

    Edge shows the Downloads section instead of the history.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	History 22.gif 
Views:	5 
Size:	970.6 KB 
ID:	193922
    I had already mentioned this bug, but now I show it, "Pin to start" in Settings:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	crash settings.gif 
Views:	3 
Size:	104.5 KB 
ID:	193919Click image for larger version. 

Name:	crash settings 2.gif 
Views:	123 
Size:	254.1 KB 
ID:	193920

    And in this build persists the bug in the "new" option of the context menus, sometimes is displayed immediately and other times it takes up to 4 seconds:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	delay 44.gif 
Views:	124 
Size:	475.8 KB 
ID:	193921
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3.    30 Jun 2018 #102

    Kari said: View Post
    It's not a question about a specific format being accepted. PNG image files are much bigger than for instance JPG files. If you think sites like our Ten Forums, and especially if you want to do your part in helping the site work and function better, you use format that does not require extra rendering power, storage space and slow down showing the page.

    Here's a simple example.

    Below the same screenshot from a 4K display, first as PNG image, then as a JPG image. The PNG image is double the size of the JPG image, yet when you are browsing this thread you can see no difference:

    PNG:

    Attachment 193912

    Attachment 193914

    JPG:

    Attachment 193911

    Attachment 193915

    You could say that using PNG file format is selfish; you want to use a format you find superior, although the fact is that not you nor anyone else can see any difference in screenshots you post.

    Kari
    If size is a big issue, use a PNG compressor... shrink the size by as much as 87%
    Problem solved
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4.    30 Jun 2018 #103

    No, it's not solved when you have to do at least another step, I still haven't seen a graphic program that doesn't do JPEG, GIf and other formats natively. Even lowly Paint can save in 7 formats. Snipping tool 3 formats etc.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  5. kado897's Avatar
    Posts : 21,445
    Windows 10 Home 64bit
       30 Jun 2018 #104

    CountMike said: View Post
    No, it's not solved when you have to do at least another step, I still haven't seen a graphic program that doesn't do JPEG, GIf and other formats natively. Even lowly Paint can save in 7 formats. Snipping tool 3 formats etc.
    There are two advantages to PNG.

    The first and probably most important in this case is support for transparency needed for the free form clips.
    The second is that even if you compress a PNG file you do not lose any quality, which is probably not so important in this case.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  6. slicendice's Avatar
    Posts : 3,522
    Windows 10 Pro x64 v1809 Build 17763.55 (Branch: RS5 Release Preview)
       30 Jun 2018 #105

    kado897 said: View Post
    There are two advantages to PNG.

    The first and probably most important in this case is support for transparency needed for the free form clips.
    The second is that even if you compress a PNG file you do not lose any quality, which is probably not so important in this case.
    For me both points you made are very important for any images. Once the "RAW" image is done I can better manipulate it for web sharing. Remove color palettes and add better compression without losing too much if any information.

    Gif and jpg lose way too much data for files that I use as base for editing.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  7. kado897's Avatar
    Posts : 21,445
    Windows 10 Home 64bit
       30 Jun 2018 #106

    slicendice said: View Post
    For me both points you made are very important for any images. Once the "RAW" image is done I can better manipulate it for web sharing. Remove color palettes and add better compression without losing too much if any information.

    Gif and jpg lose way too much data for files that I use as base for editing.
    jpg is OK for most users provided you don't compress them much.
    gif is just awful quality. It's only redeeming feature is it's ability to support animation.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  8.    30 Jun 2018 #107

    This build my old Creative X-fi Titanium no longer works.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  9. LEOPEVA64's Avatar
    Posts : 840
    WINDOWS 10 Pro x64 builds 17763.55, 18252.1000.
       30 Jun 2018 #108
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  10. kado897's Avatar
    Posts : 21,445
    Windows 10 Home 64bit
       30 Jun 2018 #109

    LEOPEVA64 said: View Post
    Which is why I never try to beat the system. For instance even a failed upgrade gives valuable information to MS. So I don't create ISOs and rely on WU, or hack onto skip ahead or try to get something that MS in it's wisdom has decided I shouldn't have. Am I happy not to have Sets. No, but it really defeats the purpose of being an insider to work around that.

    Rant over.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 
Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Related Threads
1013968563999162368 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 17692 - Windows Experience Blog Flight Hub | Microsoft Docs
UPDATE 5/24: New Windows 10 Insider Preview Fast and Skip Ahead Build 17677 -May 24 Insider - Windows 10 Forums 996804385320529920 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 17672 - Windows Experience Blog
Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 17686 - Windows Experience Blog Flight Hub | Microsoft Docs How to Turn On or Off Push Notifications for New Windows 10 Builds from TenForums.com How to Start or Stop Receiving Insider...
UPDATE 5/31: New Windows 10 Insider Preview Fast and Skip Ahead Build 17682 -May 31 Insider - Windows 10 Forums 999742588285431808 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 17677 - Windows Experience Blog
UPDATE 5/9: New Windows 10 Insider Preview Fast and Skip Ahead Build 17666 - May 9 Insider - Windows 10 Forums 992087721895055361 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 17661 - Windows Experience Blog
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 14:05.
Find Us