Cumulative Update KB4284848 Windows 10 v1803 Build 17134.137 - June 26

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
  1. Wannagofast's Avatar
    Posts : 242
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit 18363.836
       #70

    Joan Archer said:
    I don't know if this is anything to do with recent updates but I've lost the ability to spell check. It didn't matter where I was or what program I was using but if I spelt a word wrong it would put a line under it and show the correct spelling.

    I've just noticed it is not doing it now, I can't remember exactly when it happened, not that long ago, but now it's just not working, I've not altered any settings and they are showing correct with regards to checking them as I type.

    Anyone else had any problems ?


    Try going to Settings...Devices....Typing and enable it/them?
      My Computers

  2. Wynona's Avatar
    Posts : 26,094
    Windows 10 1909 Build 18363.657
       #71

    Joan Archer said:
    I don't know if this is anything to do with recent updates but I've lost the ability to spell check. It didn't matter where I was or what program I was using but if I spelt a word wrong it would put a line under it and show the correct spelling.

    I've just noticed it is not doing it now, I can't remember exactly when it happened, not that long ago, but now it's just not working, I've not altered any settings and they are showing correct with regards to checking them as I type.

    Anyone else had any problems ?
    I just noticed Skype doesn't automatically spell check any more with the cumulative update, Joan.

    Edit: And, this morning, Skype has been speel cheeking once more! Go figure!
    Last edited by Wynona; 29 Jun 2018 at 09:02.
      My Computer

  3. Pendaws's Avatar
    Posts : 329
    Windows 10 Pro 64bit 1909 (18363.836)
       #72

    Lost the ability to view other computers and my NAS with this update. I am so sick of this, why cannot MS just leave things alone?
    I hear all the susurrus regarding SMB1 but a lot of people have equipment that operate on SMB1.
    The operating system was good and I never had an issue with someone trying to "break into" my machine so?
    I guess, it is the price of dealing with MS and the options are getting smaller? I am sure that Linux will get a price tag soon.
      My Computer

  4. Wynona's Avatar
    Posts : 26,094
    Windows 10 1909 Build 18363.657
       #73

    Sorry, misqued; I tried to delete post, but couldn't figure it out. So, this is the best I could do.
    Last edited by Wynona; 29 Jun 2018 at 10:42.
      My Computer

  5. Wynona's Avatar
    Posts : 26,094
    Windows 10 1909 Build 18363.657
       #74

    Oops, @Pendaws: I misqued here! Sorry 'bout dat! Really!
      My Computer

  6. Joan Archer's Avatar
    Posts : 1,930
    Microsoft Windows 10 Home 64-bit
       #75

    Wannagofast said:
    Try going to Settings...Devices....Typing and enable it/them?
    I'd already been there and I hadn't altered anything and they were set as they should be.
      My Computers


  7. Posts : 384
    Windows 10 Home x64
       #76

    Joan Archer said:
    I'd already been there and I hadn't altered anything and they were set as they should be.
    "Have you tried turning it off and on again?"
      My Computers


  8. Ex_Brit's Avatar
    Posts : 469
    Win10 Pro - x64
       #77

    Strange, tried the x64 one, - "not applicable to this computer" after scanning for ages for updates - that's in Win 10 Pro x64 and a very quick scan for updates in Win 10 Enterprise x64
    Both updated as far as "1709"
    I could understand that message on my Enterprise one as that is different, but ... ?
    I'll post separately & elsewhere about another install that failed.
      My Computer


  9. Posts : 384
    Windows 10 Home x64
       #78

    Ex_Brit said:
    Strange, tried the x64 one, - "not applicable to this computer" after scanning for ages for updates - that's in Win 10 Pro x64 and a very quick scan for updates in Win 10 Enterprise x64
    Both updated as far as "1709"
    I could understand that message on my Enterprise one as that is different, but ... ?
    I'll post separately & elsewhere about another install that failed.
    v1709 needs KB4284822 not KB4284848
      My Computers

  10. Ex_Brit's Avatar
    Posts : 469
    Win10 Pro - x64
       #79

    Really? OK I will try that one LOL. You must admit it's rather confusing.
    Thanks ;-)
      My Computer


 

Related Threads
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:44.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums