Cumulative Update KB4284848 Windows 10 v1803 Build 17134.137 - June 26

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

  1. Posts : 4
    windows 10
       #90

    So since i installed this update i cant use the old wifi network flyout it just sits there so i had to switch to the 8 version is there any one else having issues
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 112
    Windows 10
       #91

    Anyone notice that it takes FOREVER to "run security scan" when downloading files at times now? This started after a recent update. If it takes forever to complete, re-downloading the files often helps.

    I have this issue on multiple machines so others must be seeing it.....
      My Computer

  3. jamis's Avatar
    Posts : 413
    Windows10 Home 64 bit v. 1903 bld. 18362.778
       #92

    Azucho98 said:
    Anyone notice that it takes FOREVER to "run security scan" when downloading files at times now? This started after a recent update. If it takes forever to complete, re-downloading the files often helps.

    I have this issue on multiple machines so others must be seeing it.....
    What program is doing the security scan? I run NIS and have WD disabled. No issues on update downloads.
      My Computer

  4. RingTailCoon's Avatar
    Posts : 1,015
    Windows 10 HOME 64-BIT
       #93

    Azucho98 said:
    Anyone notice that it takes FOREVER to "run security scan" when downloading files at times now? This started after a recent update. If it takes forever to complete, re-downloading the files often helps.

    I have this issue on multiple machines so others must be seeing it.....
    LOL I don't have that, I'm using good ol' Firefox!
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 1,102
    Windows 10 Pro 64bit 2004 19041.264
       #94

    Have that, noticed it when running Avast Free Antivirus and Windows 10 Pro x64bit, usually redownloading the file does help with the forever security scan, almost switched to Windows Defender, but sorta feel a little safer with Avast thus far
      My Computers

  6. storageman's Avatar
    Posts : 909
    Windows 10 Pro 1909 18363.836
       #95

    That sounds like 3rd party software issue. Window Defender shows no performance issues when downloading files.
      My Computers

  7. IronZorg89's Avatar
    Posts : 1,683
    Windows 10 pro x64-bit
       #96

    Azucho98 said:
    Anyone notice that it takes FOREVER to "run security scan" when downloading files at times now? This started after a recent update. If it takes forever to complete, re-downloading the files often helps.

    I have this issue on multiple machines so others must be seeing it.....
    You must be talking about downloading files in Edge. I have that all the times or most of the times even after repairing Edge in "Settings > Apps & Feature > Microsoft Edge > Advanced options > Repair". Sometimes, I have even tried to "Reset" Edge, but still the problem is recurring. I really don't know the solution to the problem. I would go as far as saying that Microsoft ought to know about this and really hope they will fix it in a future CU.

    Edit: I forgot to mention that despite this snafu (never-ending "Running security scan"), my files will download normally and see no problem when I double-click to open them.
      My Computers



  8. Posts : 112
    Windows 10
       #97

    jamis said:
    What program is doing the security scan? I run NIS and have WD disabled. No issues on update downloads.
    Whatever windows runs by default - Defender I assume?
      My Computer


  9. Posts : 112
    Windows 10
       #98

    IronZorg89 said:
    You must be talking about downloading files in Edge. I have that all the times or most of the times even after repairing Edge in "Settings > Apps & Feature > Microsoft Edge > Advanced options > Repair". Sometimes, I have even tried to "Reset" Edge, but still the problem is recurring. I really don't know the solution to the problem. I would go as far as saying that Microsoft ought to know about this and really hope they will fix it in a future CU.

    Edit: I forgot to mention that despite this snafu (never-ending "Running security scan"), my files will download normally and see no problem when I double-click to open them.
    Yes I am talking about downloading from Edge....the great Microsoft browser....lol
      My Computer


  10. Posts : 112
    Windows 10
       #99

    storageman said:
    That sounds like 3rd party software issue. Window Defender shows no performance issues when downloading files.
    Nope - not a 3rd party software issue. I'm downloading from Edge and whatever Microsoft uses to "security scan" comes to a screeching halt a high percentage of the time. I don't have any other AV software installed and no I don't have a virus on the machine - this happens directly after a clean W10 install and updated to the latest version (April 2018 update).
      My Computer


 

Related Threads
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 17:37.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums