Cumulative Update KB4284835 Windows 10 v1803 Build 17134.112 - June 12

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
  1. Bree's Avatar
    Posts : 9,547
    10 Home x64 (1809) (10 Pro on 2nd pc)
       12 Jun 2018 #10

    As we have come to expect of 1803 by now, the slightly confusing 'Some settings are managed by your organization' appears in Windows Update, only to disappear again after the restart has completed the install.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Windows Update - restart required (1803).PNG 
Views:	255 
Size:	16.0 KB 
ID:	192042

    Its purpose just seems to be to let you know you have Active Hours set.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Windows Update - configured policies (1803).PNG 
Views:	13 
Size:	27.2 KB 
ID:	192043
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  2.    12 Jun 2018 #11

    The number of security updates included in this CU seems very high.

    Also, enabling Speculative Store Bypass Disable (SSBD) on a computer with an Intel processor requires a CPU microcode update. I have no idea if Microsoft plans to provide the new Intel microcode update, and Lenovo seems to be the only manufacturer even talking about releasing BIOS updates with the new microcode update (which also addresses Variant 3a).
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3. RingTailCoon's Avatar
    Posts : 638
    Windows 10 PRO
       12 Jun 2018 #12

    Bree said: View Post
    As we have come to expect of 1803 by now, the slightly confusing 'Some settings are managed by your organization' appears in Windows Update, only to disappear again after the restart has completed the install.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Windows Update - restart required (1803).PNG 
Views:	255 
Size:	16.0 KB 
ID:	192042

    Its purpose just seems to be to let you know you have Active Hours set.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Windows Update - configured policies (1803).PNG 
Views:	13 
Size:	27.2 KB 
ID:	192043
    Same here, just let it search for updates and -poof!- Gone!
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4.    12 Jun 2018 #13

    Bree said: View Post
    As we have come to expect of 1803 by now, the slightly confusing 'Some settings are managed by your organization' appears in Windows Update, only to disappear again after the restart has completed the install.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Windows Update - restart required (1803).PNG 
Views:	255 
Size:	16.0 KB 
ID:	192042

    Its purpose just seems to be to let you know you have Active Hours set.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Windows Update - configured policies (1803).PNG 
Views:	13 
Size:	27.2 KB 
ID:	192043
    Can also appear if you have set anything non-standard using Local Group Policy Editor (gpedit). it always appears on all my machines and has done since I updated from Windows 7 and set some of the Update policies.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.png 
Views:	243 
Size:	15.4 KB 
ID:	192049
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  5. Posts : 621
    Windows 10 Home - Version 1803 - Build 17134.407
       12 Jun 2018 #14

    Updated, no problems.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture4.PNG 
Views:	233 
Size:	16.4 KB 
ID:	192054

    They fixed Feedback Frequency issue.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture2.PNG 
Views:	17 
Size:	270.9 KB 
ID:	192047



    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture3.PNG 
Views:	458 
Size:	20.6 KB 
ID:	192051
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  6. davidhk's Avatar
    Posts : 5,251
    windows 10 Home threshold2
       12 Jun 2018 #15

    Just one question :

    What does Cumulative Update have against CopyTo/MoveTo right click context menu ?
    Almost every time a new cumulative update was installed, I had to reinstall those 2 right click context menu.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  7.    12 Jun 2018 #16

    Hi,

    RingTailCoon said: View Post
    Is it me or is Windows suddenly a bit snappier than before the update? :)
    Not just you. It's often like this after a CU.

    Cheers,
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  8. WEKJR's Avatar
    Posts : 263
    Win7 SP1 Ultimate and Win10 18290.1000 64bit Pro
       12 Jun 2018 #17

    Update complete on Office Laptop. No discernable problems. Quick and painless.

    WEK

    EDIT: two additional office systems update with no problems.
    Last edited by WEKJR; 12 Jun 2018 at 15:19.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  9. Bree's Avatar
    Posts : 9,547
    10 Home x64 (1809) (10 Pro on 2nd pc)
       12 Jun 2018 #18

    VBF said: View Post
    Can also appear if you have set anything non-standard using Local Group Policy Editor (gpedit). it always appears on all my machines and has done since I updated from Windows 7 and set some of the Update policies.
    And not just in Windows Update, it can appear anywhere depending on what the Group Policy applies to. It's a bit disconcerting when it appear in Home though, with no group policies or registry 'hacks' applied.

    MS could have found a less confusing way to say 'look, you've set Active Hours'
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  10.    12 Jun 2018 #19

    Bree said: View Post
    And not just in Windows Update, it can appear anywhere depending on what the Group Policy applies to. It's a bit disconcerting when it appear in Home though, with no group policies or registry 'hacks' applied.

    MS could have found a less confusing way to say 'look, you've set Active Hours'
    What....MS be clear and helpful? The very idea!
      My ComputersSystem Spec


 
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Related Threads
UPDATE 6/12: Cumulative Update KB4284835 Windows 10 v1803 Build 17134.112 - June 12 - Windows 10 Forums Source: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4338548 Direct download links for KB4338548 MSU file from Microsoft Update...
Hi, After updating to v1803 buil 17134.48 the bios resets itself to restart. how do you solve it? thank you Today I received a update: Microsoft - HIDCLASS - 5/14/2018 12:00:00 AM - 3.3.207.0, what is it?
UPDATE 6/05/2018: Cumulative Update KB4338548 Windows 10 v1803 Build 17134.83 - June 5 - Windows 10 Forums Source: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4100403/windows-10-update-kb4100403 Direct download links for KB4100403 MSU...
UPDATE 5/23: Cumulative Update KB4100403 Windows 10 v1803 Build 17134.81 - May 23 - Windows 10 Forums Source: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4103721/windows-10-update-kb4103721 See also: KB4100347 Intel microcode updates for...
I have done Cumulative Update KB4103721 Windows 10 v1803 Build 17134.48. It has reduced free spceof driveby 2 GB. After doing cleaning by Cmd.exe /c Cleanmgr /sageset:65535 & Cleanmgr /sagerun:65535 and Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image...
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 14:09.
Find Us