Windows 10: Cumulative Update KB4284835 Windows 10 v1803 Build 17134.112 - June 12

Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
  1.    16 Jun 2018 #130

    RobertJay said: View Post
    I've solved the problem of failed kb4284835 install like this:

    In Windows add-ons (in the following steps):
    - Uncheck .Net FrameWork 4.7 / Press OK
    - Uncheck .Net FrameWork 3.5 / Press OK
    - Recheck .Net FrameWork 3.5 / Press OK
    - Recheck .Net FrameWork 4.7 / Press OK

    And then the Magic trick in an administrative Command Prompt window:
    SFC /scannow
    I was really thinking that SFC was more a less a deprecated feature. But it is not. It has corrected several minor problems and allowed KB4284835 to install properly without any more glitch.
    Thank you very much, I solved the endless loop problem to install this update

    regards
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2.    16 Jun 2018 #131

    This update finally fixed the Windows Defender Security Center from waiting a couple minutes after boot to say everything is OK. It only happened to me because I use a 3rd party AV instead of Windows Defender. Nice that it is fixed
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3.    20 Jun 2018 #132

    installed on desktop and so far not had any problems
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4.    20 Jun 2018 #133

    Access Denied said: View Post
    This update finally fixed the Windows Defender Security Center from waiting a couple minutes after boot to say everything is OK. It only happened to me because I use a 3rd party AV instead of Windows Defender. Nice that it is fixed
    How strange. On my 2 PCs that use Norton Security Premium it still takes about 2 minutes before it goes from the status shown below:
    "Getting Protection Info....." while Defender Security Centre checks everything and then changes to "No action needed" with a green tick.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.png 
Views:	207 
Size:	12.5 KB 
ID:	192941

    On the ones where I have NO 3rd Party A/V, its almost immediate. They're all on 17134.112.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5.    20 Jun 2018 #134

    VBF said: View Post
    How strange. On my 2 PCs that use Norton Security Premium it still takes about 2 minutes before it goes from the status shown below:
    "Getting Protection Info....." while Defender Security Centre checks everything and then changes to "No action needed" with a green tick.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.png 
Views:	207 
Size:	12.5 KB 
ID:	192941

    On the ones where I have NO 3rd Party A/V, its almost immediate. They're all on 17134.112.
    It didn't do that for me on the first reboot after installing. However the that same issue you posted a picture of is happening for me now on reboots again.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  6. Rickerz's Avatar
    Posts : 13
    Windows 10 (ver 1803)
       21 Jun 2018 #135

    Update completed but with a disastrous result, THE FIRST upgrade bomb was that the update installed as a primary the British english language keyboard, an app in the programs list, and made it impossible to change to the US language , at this point I could live with changing the to the US language everytime I edit anything. THE SECOND UPGRADE BOMB even worse, after the second update (the latest) I found on the desktop list of all Apps that were deleted, mind you 32 badly needed and can not perform without. I chatted with MS customer service for 3 days (once the first time and 2 days the second bomb), at first they couldn't remove the British language add to my list of languages to toggle through, but finally succeeded on the second try after escalating the service call. But for the loss of my apps, all they could do or say is a lame "we're sorry that happened to you".. that's it. Spent the next 5 days installing my 32 applications with a node in my stomach.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  7.    21 Jun 2018 #136

    If your apps are incompatible you could run them in a virtual machine of windows 7. And yes, the languages feature was moved to modern interface and is now handled by the store, all maintenance should be done from the new settings. I wonder if the old command line options of removing languages still work, like LPKSETUP or DISM.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  8.    21 Jun 2018 #137

    VBF said: View Post
    How strange. On my 2 PCs that use Norton Security Premium it still takes about 2 minutes before it goes from the status shown below:
    "Getting Protection Info....." while Defender Security Centre checks everything and then changes to "No action needed" with a green tick.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.png 
Views:	207 
Size:	12.5 KB 
ID:	192941

    On the ones where I have NO 3rd Party A/V, its almost immediate. They're all on 17134.112.
    Still not fixed for me. Just using Windows Defender -- takes 2-3 minutes before the green checks show up. Local service startup type for Security Center remains "automatic delayed start" while startup type for Windows Defender Security Center remains "automatic".
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  9. storageman's Avatar
    Posts : 436
    Windows 10 Pro 1803 17134.137
       21 Jun 2018 #138

    Rickerz said: View Post
    Update completed but with a disastrous result, THE FIRST upgrade bomb was that the update installed as a primary the British english language keyboard, an app in the programs list, and made it impossible to change to the US language , at this point I could live with changing the to the US language everytime I edit anything. THE SECOND UPGRADE BOMB even worse, after the second update (the latest) I found on the desktop list of all Apps that were deleted, mind you 32 badly needed and can not perform without. I chatted with MS customer service for 3 days (once the first time and 2 days the second bomb), at first they couldn't remove the British language add to my list of languages to toggle through, but finally succeeded on the second try after escalating the service call. But for the loss of my apps, all they could do or say is a lame "we're sorry that happened to you".. that's it. Spent the next 5 days installing my 32 applications with a node in my stomach.
    That is really unbelievable And your system isn't any thing special and it looks just like a standard HP system ? But were you just applying KB4284835 to 1803 or were you upgrading from 1709 to 1803 ?
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  10. f14tomcat's Avatar
    Posts : 37,033
    Triple boot - Win 10 Pro, Win 10 Pro Insider (2) - (and a sprinkling of VMs)
       21 Jun 2018 #139

    Rickerz said: View Post
    Update completed but with a disastrous result, THE FIRST upgrade bomb was that the update installed as a primary the British english language keyboard, an app in the programs list, and made it impossible to change to the US language , at this point I could live with changing the to the US language everytime I edit anything. THE SECOND UPGRADE BOMB even worse, after the second update (the latest) I found on the desktop list of all Apps that were deleted, mind you 32 badly needed and can not perform without. I chatted with MS customer service for 3 days (once the first time and 2 days the second bomb), at first they couldn't remove the British language add to my list of languages to toggle through, but finally succeeded on the second try after escalating the service call. But for the loss of my apps, all they could do or say is a lame "we're sorry that happened to you".. that's it. Spent the next 5 days installing my 32 applications with a node in my stomach.
    A cumulative update did all this? The excerpt I highlighted above.... I've only seen that when a Reset/Refresh was done thru the Recovery Options in Settings, never as a result of a cumulative update. This is quite a bizarre action for a Patch Tuesday scenario.
      My ComputersSystem Spec


 
Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Related Threads
UPDATE 6/12: Cumulative Update KB4284835 Windows 10 v1803 Build 17134.112 - June 12 - Windows 10 Forums Source: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4338548 Direct download links for KB4338548 MSU file from Microsoft Update...
Hi, After updating to v1803 buil 17134.48 the bios resets itself to restart. how do you solve it? thank you Today I received a update: Microsoft - HIDCLASS - 5/14/2018 12:00:00 AM - 3.3.207.0, what is it?
UPDATE 6/05/2018: Cumulative Update KB4338548 Windows 10 v1803 Build 17134.83 - June 5 - Windows 10 Forums Source: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4100403/windows-10-update-kb4100403 Direct download links for KB4100403 MSU...
UPDATE 5/23: Cumulative Update KB4100403 Windows 10 v1803 Build 17134.81 - May 23 - Windows 10 Forums Source: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4103721/windows-10-update-kb4103721 See also: KB4100347 Intel microcode updates for...
I have done Cumulative Update KB4103721 Windows 10 v1803 Build 17134.48. It has reduced free spceof driveby 2 GB. After doing cleaning by Cmd.exe /c Cleanmgr /sageset:65535 & Cleanmgr /sagerun:65535 and Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image...
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 20:09.
Find Us