Windows 10: New Windows 10 Insider Preview Fast and Skip Ahead Build 17677 -May 24 Insider

Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
  1. magilla's Avatar
    Posts : 1,871
    Windows 10 and windows insider
       25 May 2018 #100

    I have 3 computers all of which have sets enabled. However, even though all have identical settings for sets, only one will display sets. Can someone please tell me why? And, the one which displays sets on this build was not the one which would display sets on previous build...…….
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2. magilla's Avatar
    Posts : 1,871
    Windows 10 and windows insider
       25 May 2018 #101

    another interesting conundrum is that I cannot reach any site via EDGE on my laptop computer after this build has been installed. IE works fine.
    After reset (didn't work) then repair (worked) I am good with EDGE. While I don't use Edge, it is needed for many of Windows functions, like searching internet and using Cortana.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3. AndreTen's Avatar
    Posts : 14,269
    Windows 10 (Pro and Insider Pro)
       26 May 2018 #102

    magilla said: View Post
    another interesting conundrum is that I cannot reach any site via EDGE on my laptop computer after this build has been installed. IE works fine.
    After reset (didn't work) then repair (worked) I am good with EDGE. While I don't use Edge, it is needed for many of Windows functions, like searching internet and using Cortana.
    Pretty much the same experience about getting Edge to work.... First repair (no go) than reset (Edge only) and Edge is working now.

    Now, how to fix Jump lists missing from Explorer's shortcut in taskbar and most of pinned stuff to taskbar? Edge has its Jump list
    Last edited by AndreTen; 26 May 2018 at 07:36.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  4.    26 May 2018 #103

    CountMike said: View Post
    Any idea to replace Snipping tool and not having to use KB shortcut ?
    'Snip to Clipboard' any Directory...

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	000672.png 
Views:	97 
Size:	71.3 KB 
ID:	190214

    Code:
    Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
    
    [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\Background\shell\SnippingTool]
    "MUIVerb"="Snip to Clipboard"
    "Icon"="SnippingTool.exe"
    "Position"="Top"
    
    [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\Background\shell\SnippingTool\command]
    @="SnippingTool.exe /clip"
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5.    26 May 2018 #104

    Since the last 2 updates Edge has been opening every link in a bookmark folder when you click to open a folder.

    Any fixes for this ?

    thanks
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  6. AndreTen's Avatar
    Posts : 14,269
    Windows 10 (Pro and Insider Pro)
       26 May 2018 #105

    shakennstirred said: View Post
    Since the last 2 updates Edge has been opening every link in a bookmark folder when you click to open a folder.

    Any fixes for this ?

    thanks
    Reset file type associations?
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  7. magilla's Avatar
    Posts : 1,871
    Windows 10 and windows insider
       26 May 2018 #106

    AndreTen said: View Post
    Pretty much the same experience about getting Edge to work.... First repair (no go) than reset (Edge only) and Edge is working now.

    Now, how to fix Jump lists missing from Explorer's shortcut in taskbar and most of pinned stuff to taskbar? Edge has its Jump list
    thanks Andre but different computer. Edge issue was on my laptop which doesn’t run with sets. The computers that show sets is enabled have no edge problem but will not run sets. Both of them ran sets last build but not this build. I do have one computer that runs sets so I’m experimenting with it. It’s just strange that the three do show sets is enabled and is set for tabs but no go on them this time. I have run sfc and dism with no problems reported on any on my test computers.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  8.    26 May 2018 #107

    Microsoft Store slowly building a decent collection of interesting Fonts; the Store fonts work well with System Font Settings...

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	000679.png 
Views:	4 
Size:	512.3 KB 
ID:	190233
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  9. AndreTen's Avatar
    Posts : 14,269
    Windows 10 (Pro and Insider Pro)
       26 May 2018 #108

    magilla said: View Post
    thanks Andre but different computer. Edge issue was on my laptop which doesn’t run with sets. The computers that show sets is enabled have no edge problem but will not run sets. Both of them ran sets last build but not this build. I do have one computer that runs sets so I’m experimenting with it. It’s just strange that the three do show sets is enabled and is set for tabs but no go on them this time. I have run sfc and dism with no problems reported on any on my test computers.
    I'll try to read this early tomorrow morning again... sounds a bit complicated right now
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  10. CallMeSteven's Avatar
    Posts : 355
    Windows 10 Pro x64 Insider Preview
       26 May 2018 #109

    I've been using the new Win + Shift + S clipping tool and wondering if it's possible to create a shortcut to the desktop for it instead of trying to remember it? I'm sure it's possible just not sure how?!
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 
Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Related Threads
UPDATE 5/24: New Windows 10 Insider Preview Fast and Skip Ahead Build 17677 -May 24 Insider - Windows 10 Forums 996804385320529920 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 17672 - Windows Experience Blog
994262202268860418 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 17666 - Windows Experience Blog Flight Hub | Microsoft Docs
UPDATE 5/9: New Windows 10 Insider Preview Fast and Skip Ahead Build 17666 - May 9 Insider - Windows 10 Forums 992087721895055361 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 17661 - Windows Experience Blog
UPDATE 3/7: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Skip Ahead Build 17618 - Mar. 7 Insider - Windows 10 Forums UPDATE 3/6: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Fast Build 17115 - Mar. 6 Insider - Windows 10 Forums 963919177181360128 ...
UPDATE 11/16: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Fast+Skip Ahead Build 17040 for PC Insider - Windows 10 Forums 928321775498170368 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 17035 for PC - Windows Experience Blog
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 18:30.
Find Us