Windows 10: Cumulative Update KB4100403 Windows 10 v1803 Build 17134.81 - May 23

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
  1.    26 May 2018 #70

    The script I mentioned before is this one:

    Code:
    @echo off
    dir /b %SystemRoot%\servicing\Packages\Microsoft-Windows-GroupPolicy-ClientExtensions-Package*.mum > List.txt
    dir /b %SystemRoot%\servicing\Packages\Microsoft-Windows-GroupPolicy-ClientTools-Package*.mum >> List.txt
    for /f %%i in ('findstr /i . List.txt 2^>nul') do dism /online /norestart /add-package:"%SystemRoot%\servicing\Packages\%%i"
    pause
    Unfortunately I did NOT test it, as I have Windows 10 Pro.
    Now if Shawn says that it might cause problems, he knows what he's talking about and I would go with his suggestion.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2. Zardoc's Avatar
    Posts : 128
    Windows 10 Enterprise 1809 17763.1 and off we go
       26 May 2018 #71

    I didn't test it yet, but unless I'm blind, I didn't see anything about a fix with local network connectivity. I was able to make a permanent fix with a modified HOST file. I didn't want to enable SMB1 and the services activation suggested did not work.

    My fix in host files: Add IP and machine name. I could start over and rename machines, but I don't want that.
    192.168.0.101 ------mymachine
    192.168.0.109 ------mywifesmachine
    192.168.0.102 ------mylaptop
    192.168.0.115 ------mylaptopWiFi

    Forum won't leave empty spaces
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3.    26 May 2018 #72

    Zardoc said: View Post
    I didn't test it yet, but unless I'm blind, I didn't see anything about a fix with local network connectivity. I was able to make a permanent fix with a modified HOST file. I didn't want to enable SMB1 and the services activation suggested did not work.

    My fix in host files: Add IP and machine name. I could start over and rename machines, but I don't want that.
    192.168.0.101 ------mymachine
    192.168.0.109 ------mywifesmachine
    192.168.0.102 ------mylaptop
    192.168.0.115 ------mylaptopWiFi

    Forum won't leave empty spaces
    If you have fixed addresses for your machines this solution will work. If not, the IPs will change in the next reboot of your router.

    As for the Function Discovery Provider Host and Function Discovery Resource Publication Services, it worked fine in my environment. Did you check in the Network and Sharing Center, if your Network discovery is ON?
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4. Zardoc's Avatar
    Posts : 128
    Windows 10 Enterprise 1809 17763.1 and off we go
       26 May 2018 #73

    ddelo said: View Post
    If you have fixed addresses for your machines this solution will work. If not, the IPs will change in the next reboot of your router.

    Did you check in the Network and Sharing Center, if your Network discovery is ON?
    I left IPs dynamic to see how long before they change. Going static is not a problem.

    Network discovery has always been on. It's not a clean install but an upgrade.

    I was really wondering if anybody had noticed a fix.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5.    26 May 2018 #74

    I just discovered an interesting glitch, at least on my computer, with this cumulative update and my Logitech wireless USB mouse. I've always been able to wake up a sleeping computer by pressing any key on the keyboard or moving the mouse.
    After installing KB4100403, the keyboard will wake up the computer but the mouse won't.

    I went into advanced power settings, USB Settings, and disabled the USB Selective Suspend setting. Mouse now wakes up computer. Back in the default enabled setting, mouse no longer wakes up computer.

    As I've never had this happen before, nor have I ever touched the USB Selective Suspend, I'm guessing this CU is somehow affecting the USB port or the Logitech unifying receiver.

    In any event, the issue is solved and I see no harm in leaving this setting disabled on a desktop.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  6.    26 May 2018 #75

    Zardoc said: View Post
    I left IPs dynamic to see how long before they change. Going static is not a problem.

    Network discovery has always been on. It's not a clean install but an upgrade.

    I was really wondering if anybody had noticed a fix.
    Dynamic IPs will be released based on the lease time setting in the router.

    As for the discovery, mine was also an upgrade, but it was set to off! That's why I mentioned it.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  7. Brink's Avatar
    Posts : 33,045
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro build 18252
    Thread Starter
       26 May 2018 #76

    tomseys said: View Post
    No I'm not going to add that to Windows 10 Home. I think I read Brink recommend against doing that as it may cause problems with the machine. I had already made the registry change mentioned earlier in 1803 thread but then reversed it to see if M would put it back to how it was. Maybe I'll just leave it for now. Thanks.
    ddelo said: View Post
    I would never question @Brink's suggestion. If he says so, so it must be.
    You're welcome.
    sgage said: View Post
    I don't know how that registry tweak would cause problems (or not), but I do know that it doesn't work for Windows Home in any case. I know of no remedy to the problem for Home. Did Brink mention how the tweak might cause problems?
    ddelo said: View Post
    I think that @tomseys is referring to running the script to enable GPO in Home edition.
    As for remedy, there is one....and Shawn @Brink would never question it, as he is using it too, for creating reg files to enforce GPO for Home edition users.
    Just change things in Registry by following Group Policy Settings Reference for Windows and Windows Server
    Hello @tomseys @sgage @ddelo

    I don't think adding GPO in Home edition would cause any issues necessarily, but even if you were to successfully add it, none of the polices would actually be enforced from the Local Group Policy Editor in an unsupported edition.

    It would be best to apply GPOs in Home edition via Registry Editor instead.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  8.    26 May 2018 #77

    Brink said: View Post
    Hello @tomseys @sgage @ddelo

    I don't think adding GPO in Home edition would cause any issues necessarily, but even if you were to successfully add it, none of the polices would actually be enforced from the Local Group Policy Editor in an unsupported edition.

    It would be best to apply GPOs in Home edition via Registry Editor instead.
    Thanks a lot Shawn!
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  9. Comp Cmndo's Avatar
    Posts : 266
    Windows 10-Pro 64bit
       26 May 2018 #78

    Crizal said: View Post
    I just discovered an interesting glitch, at least on my computer, with this cumulative update and my Logitech wireless USB mouse. I've always been able to wake up a sleeping computer by pressing any key on the keyboard or moving the mouse.
    After installing KB4100403, the keyboard will wake up the computer but the mouse won't.

    I went into advanced power settings, USB Settings, and disabled the USB Selective Suspend setting. Mouse now wakes up computer. Back in the default enabled setting, mouse no longer wakes up computer.

    As I've never had this happen before, nor have I ever touched the USB Selective Suspend, I'm guessing this CU is somehow affecting the USB port or the Logitech unifying receiver.

    In any event, the issue is solved and I see no harm in leaving this setting disabled on a desktop.
    My Logitech USB mouse with unifying receiver does wake it up. USB Selective Suspend setting was already off.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  10.    26 May 2018 #79

    Crizal said: View Post
    I'm guessing this CU is somehow affecting the USB port or the Logitech unifying receiver.
    In any event, the issue is solved and I see no harm in leaving this setting disabled on a desktop.
    There is a new version of Logitech SetPoint (it's been almost 3 years) just issued. You could try it. -

    • Software Version: 6.68.250
    • Post Date: May 23, 2018

    http://support.logitech.com/en_us/software/setpoint
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 
Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Related Threads
Hi, After updating to v1803 buil 17134.48 the bios resets itself to restart. how do you solve it? thank you Today I received a update: Microsoft - HIDCLASS - 5/14/2018 12:00:00 AM - 3.3.207.0, what is it?
UPDATE 5/23: Cumulative Update KB4100403 Windows 10 v1803 Build 17134.81 - May 23 - Windows 10 Forums Source: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4103721/windows-10-update-kb4103721 See also: KB4100347 Intel microcode updates for...
I have done Cumulative Update KB4103721 Windows 10 v1803 Build 17134.48. It has reduced free spceof driveby 2 GB. After doing cleaning by Cmd.exe /c Cleanmgr /sageset:65535 & Cleanmgr /sagerun:65535 and Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image...
I have tried many different ways of installing Dropbox: regular download through their website, ninite.com, and their offline installer of the latest stable build (48.4.58) - none are letting me successfully install this app. As mentioned in the...

Tags for this Thread

Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 20:32.
Find Us