Windows 10: KB4100347 Intel microcode updates for Windows 10 v1803 - September 13

Page 43 of 43 FirstFirst ... 33414243
  1.    1 Week Ago #420

    @winactive
    Quick question: Do you have the two registry entries? And if yes with which values?
    The reason I'm asking is because I have "Windows OS support for speculative store bypass didable is enabled system wide" to False. All the other values are the same as yours.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2.    6 Days Ago #421

    ddelo said: View Post
    @winactive
    Quick question: Do you have the two registry entries? And if yes with which values?
    The reason I'm asking is because I have "Windows OS support for speculative store bypass didable is enabled system wide" to False. All the other values are the same as yours.
    Yes
    FeatureSettingsOverride DWORD 8
    FeatureSettingsOverrideMask DWORD 3

    ; FeatureSettingsOverride values:
    ; 8 = Enable All (Speculative Store Bypass together with Spectre Variant 2 and Meltdown)
    ; 3 = Disable both Spectre Variant 2 and Meltdown
    ; 2 = Disable Meltdown (Kernel VA Shadow)
    ; 1 = Disable Spectre Variant 2 (Branch Target Injection)
    ; 0 = Enable Spectre Variant 2 and Meltdown
    ;
    ; FeatureSettingsOverrideMask value is always 3
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  3.    6 Days Ago #422

    winactive said: View Post
    Yes
    FeatureSettingsOverride DWORD 8
    FeatureSettingsOverrideMask DWORD 3

    ; FeatureSettingsOverride values:
    ; 8 = Enable All (Speculative Store Bypass together with Spectre Variant 2 and Meltdown)
    ; 3 = Disable both Spectre Variant 2 and Meltdown
    ; 2 = Disable Meltdown (Kernel VA Shadow)
    ; 1 = Disable Spectre Variant 2 (Branch Target Injection)
    ; 0 = Enable Spectre Variant 2 and Meltdown
    ;
    ; FeatureSettingsOverrideMask value is always 3
    Thanks a lot. For the possible values as well, which I already know... I wrote them hahahaha

    Since I never installed any Microsoft OS updates (just using the hp BIOS/UEFI provided) I don't have the two Registry entries. I'll add them and run the PS script again to see what I get.
    Thanks again man!!!
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4.    6 Days Ago #423

    ddelo said: View Post
    Thanks a lot. For the possible values as well, which I already know... I wrote them hahahaha

    Since I never installed any Microsoft OS updates (just using the hp BIOS/UEFI provided) I don't have the two Registry entries. I'll add them and run the PS script again to see what I get.
    Thanks again man!!!
    You need to reboot to get them to work. But yeah the variant 4 (Speculative Store Bypass) isn't enabled in OS by default so you do need the registry keys.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  5.    6 Days Ago #424

    winactive said: View Post
    You need to reboot to get them to work. But yeah the variant 4 (Speculative Store Bypass) isn't enabled in OS by default so you do need the registry keys.
    I'm up to my ears, right know trying to make a script to start in Safe mode, run a batch file and return back to normality.
    As soon as I'm done with that I'll try it.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 
Page 43 of 43 FirstFirst ... 33414243

Related Threads
Source: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4091666/kb4091666-intel-microcode-updates See also: KB 4093836 Summary of Intel microcode updates KB4100347 Intel microcode updates for Windows 10 v1803 - Windows 10 Forums KB4090007 Intel...
Source: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4091664/kb4091664-intel-microcode-updates See also: KB4346087 Intel microcode updates for Windows 10 v1607 - August 21 - Windows 10 Forums See also: KB 4093836 Summary of Intel microcode...
Source: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4091663/kb4091663-intel-microcode-updates See also: KB4346085 Intel microcode updates for Windows 10 v1709 - August 21 - Windows 10 Forums See also: KB 4093836 Summary of Intel microcode...
Source: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4090007/intel-microcode-updates See also: KB 4093836 Summary of Intel microcode updates KB4100347 Intel microcode updates for Windows 10 v1803 - Windows 10 Forums KB4091663 Intel microcode...
Solved Intel microcode updates for 1803? in Drivers and Hardware
Is this available for download?
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 13:30.
Find Us