Windows 10: New Windows 10 Insider Preview Fast and Skip Ahead Build 17666 - May 9 Insider

Page 27 of 36 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast
  1. Fabler2's Avatar
    Posts : 569
    Windows 10 preview 64-bit Pro
       12 May 2018 #260

    jebuchanan said: View Post
    I discovered since resetting Windows I no longer have sets. Turn Off is disabled in Group Policy Editor, but it is not found on any app nor in Settings
    Similar to me but I reset the previous version just before the update.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2.    12 May 2018 #261

    LEOPEVA64 said: View Post
    Using that tool could bring "unknown issues"...
    Attachment 188386

    I don't know if it's true or not, but it's a possibility, I've never used that tool (nor will I use it) so I can not verify if it's true or not.
    Yeah, it's not my intention to promote the tool, I just did what I had to do!
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3.    12 May 2018 #262

    slicendice said: View Post
    Yep!

    As an insider I would rather focus on the new implementations and core Windows system than play around with tweaking tools. Once Windows is nearing it's completion, then tweaking tools could be tested. Until then there is absolutely no point, since the underlaying Windows system changes and breaks rapidly and there is no way for 3rd party developers to keep up with such rapid changes.

    I start to test important tools for me, once Windows is about 1month from release, until then I only use MS tools and test new features. Nothing else.
    You guys are a lot more tech savvy than I am, testing new features takes me all of a hour then, I gotta go deeper!
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4.    12 May 2018 #263

    cereberus said: View Post
    Its an Insider build - anything can affect anything. Make image backup with Macrium Reflect and try it - proof of the pudding......
    I agree 100%! The whole point of all of this is to try new things out. It is working very well for me so far.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5.    12 May 2018 #264

    slicendice said: View Post
    Yep!As an insider I would rather focus on the new implementations and core Windows system than play around with tweaking tools. Once Windows is nearing it's completion, then tweaking tools could be tested. Until then there is absolutely no point, since the underlaying Windows system changes and breaks rapidly and there is no way for 3rd party developers to keep up with such rapid changes.I start to test important tools for me, once Windows is about 1month from release, until then I only use MS tools and test new features. Nothing else.
    I disagree with this a bit. Not wholeheartedly, but a bit. Because I believe part of the responsibility with testing all of this, is to see how it all works with third party apps. Plus, for me personally, there are very few M$ apps I care to use. I use Windows, Office and very little else from them. I think Bing sucks, so does Edge. Their media players have always been second class, and I don't even use Skype anymore. But there's no debating the success of Windows and Office.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  6. slicendice's Avatar
    Posts : 3,528
    Windows 10 Pro x64 v1809 Build 17763.104 (Branch: RS5 Release Preview)
       12 May 2018 #265

    smactilactus said: View Post
    I disagree with this a bit. Not wholeheartedly, but a bit. Because I believe part of the responsibility with testing all of this, is to see how it all works with third party apps. Plus, for me personally, there are very few M$ apps I care to use. I use Windows, Office and very little else from them. I think Bing sucks, so does Edge. Their media players have always been second class, and I don't even use Skype anymore. But there's no debating the success of Windows and Office.
    I am talking about tools that modify the system in a way that is not intended by MS.

    A media player or a web browser is something completely different. If the application is 100% Windows guideline compliant it will work for sure. If not, then it's not following guidelines to the letter.

    Windows has certain apis and directory structures that all apps should use. Some apps however deviate from this and should not be a part of beta testing a Windows build.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  7. CallMeSteven's Avatar
    Posts : 365
    Windows 10 Pro x64 Insider Preview
       12 May 2018 #266

    Anyone else getting this (see image below). From Setting/Colours/Transparency Effects - When on

    Just noticed if I click on the white area then go back to Colours it's back to normal! (Maybe graphic driver issue?)

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.JPG 
Views:	3 
Size:	80.6 KB 
ID:	188416
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  8. LEOPEVA64's Avatar
    Posts : 841
    WINDOWS 10 Pro x64 builds 17763.55, 18252.1000.
       12 May 2018 #267

    CallMeSteven said: View Post
    Anyone else getting this (see image below). From Setting/Colours/Transparency Effects - When on

    Just noticed if I click on the white area then go back to Colours it's back to normal! (Maybe graphic driver issue?)
    New Windows 10 Insider Preview Fast and Skip Ahead Build 17666 - May 9
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  9. CallMeSteven's Avatar
    Posts : 365
    Windows 10 Pro x64 Insider Preview
       12 May 2018 #268

    Thanks...missed that post! Also noticed it crashed Explorer and the Start menu went white!! Rebooted, all okay.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  10.    12 May 2018 #269

    CallMeSteven said: View Post
    Anyone else getting this (see image below). From Setting/Colours/Transparency Effects - When on

    Just noticed if I click on the white area then go back to Colours it's back to normal! (Maybe graphic driver issue?)

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.JPG 
Views:	3 
Size:	80.6 KB 
ID:	188416
    Nope don't have that issue.
      My ComputersSystem Spec


 
Page 27 of 36 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast

Related Threads
UPDATE 5/9: New Windows 10 Insider Preview Fast and Skip Ahead Build 17666 - May 9 Insider - Windows 10 Forums 992087721895055361 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 17661 - Windows Experience Blog
UPDATE 3/7: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Skip Ahead Build 17618 - Mar. 7 Insider - Windows 10 Forums UPDATE 3/6: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Fast Build 17115 - Mar. 6 Insider - Windows 10 Forums 963919177181360128 ...
UPDATE 11/22: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Fast+Skip Build 17046 for PC Insider - Windows 10 Forums 931221002532503552 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 17040 for PC - Windows Experience Blog
UPDATE 11/16: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Fast+Skip Ahead Build 17040 for PC Insider - Windows 10 Forums 928321775498170368 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 17035 for PC - Windows Experience Blog
903302171319427076 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16353 for PC (Skip Ahead) - Windows Experience Blog How to Start or Stop Receiving Insider Builds in Windows 10 How to Choose Your Insider Ring Level on your...
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 20:02.
Find Us