Windows 10: Cumulative Update KB4103721 Windows 10 v1803 Build 17134.48 - May 8

Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
  1. sgage's Avatar
    Posts : 750
    Windows 10 Home (Insiders Build 17134.5)
       08 May 2018 #100

    ddelo said: View Post
    Sorry to hear that. It seems very strange!...and definitely something is wrong
    Definitely

    I have seen this over the years trying to troubleshoot these things. I have an issue. I do a search for a solution. Several come up, complete with 'thanks! works for me' comments, and none of them work. Windows is not a determinate system. What works for some systems will not work for others - there are just too many permutations. It has grown too complicated.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2.    08 May 2018 #101

    sgage said: View Post
    Definitely

    I have seen this over the years trying to troubleshoot these things. I have an issue. I do a search for a solution. Several come up, complete with 'thanks! works for me' comments, and none of them work. Windows is not a determinate system. What works for some systems will not work for others - there are just too many permutations. It has grown too complicated.
    I have the same problem

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Insider.gif 
Views:	11 
Size:	131.3 KB 
ID:	187893
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3. sgage's Avatar
    Posts : 750
    Windows 10 Home (Insiders Build 17134.5)
       08 May 2018 #102

    BKnight said: View Post
    I have the same problem

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Insider.gif 
Views:	11 
Size:	131.3 KB 
ID:	187893
    What's maddening is that you just KNOW there's a registry entry somewhere that just needs a bit flipped. But who knows where it is? Apparently nobody. Many have reported this exact problem, and there was talk that it was one of the things to be addressed in the CU. But no. It's really sort of discouraging.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4.    08 May 2018 #103

    KB4103721 installed without problem on my oldest machine, but on my newest one I kept on getting the infamous message: "We couldn't install this update, Undoing changes, Don't turn off you computer" upon "Restart". Finally I had to resort to the standalone update in the Microsoft Update Catalog to get it installed.

    What I found really eerie is that despite the fact the update was installed successfully on the newest machine according to "Update history", when I go and check for Updates, I still get the same update pending to be installed. It's like the mechanism behind installing updates doesn't even recognize that the update has already been installed.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5.    08 May 2018 #104

    kpo6969 said: View Post
    The only thing I can not get rid of is for feedback frequency, it still says this in red. Left insiders and uninstalled feedback hub. Help, thanks.
    sgage said: View Post
    Alas, did not fix it for me...
    Did not work for me either.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  6. DooGie's Avatar
    Posts : 4,220
    Wndows 10 x64 Home version 1809
       08 May 2018 #105

    My Update History has returned after this update :)
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  7. Faith's Avatar
    Posts : 426
    Windows 10 Home April 2018 Update 64-bit
       08 May 2018 #106

    So the message some settings are managed by your organisation in Windows Update is now new in build 1803 on a Home PC? If I click the link it says that I have two policies active on this computer, one for start and other for end active hours, both stating source: Admin. I just went through this thread very quickly and I didn't quite understand it when answered, sorry for my ignorance.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  8. DooGie's Avatar
    Posts : 4,220
    Wndows 10 x64 Home version 1809
       08 May 2018 #107

    Faith said: View Post
    So the message some settings are managed by your organisation in Windows Update is now new in build 1803 on a Home PC? If I click the link it says that I have two policies active on this computer, one for start and other for end active hours, both stating source: Admin. I just went through this thread very quickly and I didn't quite understand it when answered, sorry for my ignorance.
    Yes I got the same message. Just reboot the PC and it should go away.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  9. sgage's Avatar
    Posts : 750
    Windows 10 Home (Insiders Build 17134.5)
       08 May 2018 #108

    Faith said: View Post
    So the message some settings are managed by your organisation in Windows Update is now new in build 1803 on a Home PC? If I click the link it says that I have two policies active on this computer, one for start and other for end active hours, both stating source: Admin. I just went through this thread very quickly and I didn't quite understand it when answered, sorry for my ignorance.
    Well, there's "some settings are managed by your organisation", and then more recently there's 'Windows Insider Program manages this option'. Don't feel bad about not understanding - nobody does. Or if they do, they're not talking
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  10. Posts : 10
    Windows 10 Pro for Workstations
       08 May 2018 #109

    I have the same problem on three pcs.
    After the Cumulative Update KB4103721 the pcs cannot boot and they are stuck on the spinning wheel.

    I restored them from the backups and for the moment I have disabled the windows update service till I have more information on the issue.


    tomikciz said: View Post
    After you install this update, the computer can not turn on. I do not know where the problem is. A black screen with a roller wheel appears, and after some time the computer shuts down and restarts again. Do not you know what? Thank you very much for your answer.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 
Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Related Threads
I have tried many different ways of installing Dropbox: regular download through their website, ninite.com, and their offline installer of the latest stable build (48.4.58) - none are letting me successfully install this app. As mentioned in the...
Source: HoloLens RS4 Preview - Mixed Reality | Microsoft Docs
Solved Update History missing in Builds 17134.1 and 17134.5 in Windows Updates and Activation
After updating to 17134.1 and .5 my update History was cleared and new updates would not show in History. I got these Builds from the Insider RP ring. I have now left the Insider program, removed the .5 update and my 3 systems are now on Build...
Source: HoloLens RS4 Preview - Mixed Reality | Microsoft Docs
Source: HoloLens RS4 Preview - Mixed Reality | Microsoft Docs
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 15:43.
Find Us