Windows 10 April 2018 Update now available Monday, April 30

Page 84 of 95 FirstFirst ... 3474828384858694 ... LastLast
  1.    06 May 2018 #830

    My Windows crashed after downloading. Start menu does not show up and the pc repair prompt came up but it cannot repair after following the instructions. Now gone in for big repair as the tech said it corrupted my hard drive as well!
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2. sgage's Avatar
    Posts : 876
    Windows 10 Home (Build 17134.320)
       06 May 2018 #831

    VarshaSM said: View Post
    My Windows crashed after downloading. Start menu does not show up and the pc repair prompt came up but it cannot repair after following the instructions. Now gone in for big repair as the tech said it corrupted my hard drive as well!
    "Corrupted the hard drive" can usually be translated as "something is messed up, and I don't quite know what it is".
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3. Faith's Avatar
    Posts : 651
    Windows 10 Home October 2018 Update 64-bit
       06 May 2018 #832

    Uhm… My weather app (Microsoft app) suddenly disappeared from its original Start tile place today and merged itself with my calendar app (Microsoft app), I can see it occasionally swapping between the temperature on that tile with the date. If I right click on weather app it says I can removed it from Start, indicating that it think it's already there. Is this normal? Anyone else seen this? It just happen today.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4. Access Denied's Avatar
    Posts : 5,701
    Win10 RS5 x64
       06 May 2018 #833

    Faith said: View Post
    Uhm… My weather app (Microsoft app) suddenly disappeared from its original Start tile place today and merged itself with my calendar app (Microsoft app), I can see it occasionally swapping between the temperature on that tile with the date. If I right click on weather app it says I can removed it from Start, indicating that it think it's already there. Is this normal? Anyone else seen this? It just happen today.
    Drag it from that spot and place it somewhere else on the start menu. Then open the calendar and it should unbind them. It took me a few tries once I put Edge and the Store together.

    I have not seen it happen auto. I just did it to see how to unbind them and have them separate again.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5. Faith's Avatar
    Posts : 651
    Windows 10 Home October 2018 Update 64-bit
       06 May 2018 #834

    Access Denied said: View Post
    Drag it from that spot and place it somewhere else on the start menu. Then open the calendar and it should unbind them. It took me a few tries once I put Edge and the Store together.
    I just started to move a few tiles and it appeared Apparently it was just hidden or something… Gheez this build is broken.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  6. Eddie Doc's Avatar
    Posts : 231
    Windows 10 Home Version 1809 OS Build 17763.253
       06 May 2018 #835

    A few hours ago I manually checked for updates and the 1803 update appeared. After it had downloaded and installed, the restart process took about 40-50 minutes. Everything seems to be working ok. Now to do a backup. :)
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  7.    06 May 2018 #836

    Access Denied said: View Post
    Drag it from that spot and place it somewhere else on the start menu. Then open the calendar and it should unbind them. It took me a few tries once I put Edge and the Store together.
    I have not seen it happen auto. I just did it to see how to unbind them and have them separate again.
    Unpin from start (goes back in apps list), pin to start is another quick solution. With previous builds, on each upgrade from RTM, calculator tile was in a black box.

    -This build is ain't broken, we see only side effects of a new code name.
    Last edited by MikeMecanic; 06 May 2018 at 22:06.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  8.    06 May 2018 #837

    Towards the end of April via the Windows Insiders program I updated my old HP laptop and my self built AMD desktop. No problems on my laptop but on my desktop I have intermittent shut down and sleep problems. About 75 percent of the time the computer will go to sleep of shut off normally but sometimes it will appears to shut down of go to sleep and either I will get a black screen or a blue shutting off screen but the fans do not shut off and I see the disk LED blink occasionally.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  9.    06 May 2018 #838

    Just finished with the April update. Took a while, but it loaded fine. No problems so far. Version 1803 OS build 17134.1
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  10. Wynona's Avatar
    Posts : 22,371
    Windows 10 Skip Ahead Preview Build 18312
       06 May 2018 #839

    Access Denied said: View Post
    Ok I have a question for any and everyone running 1803 now. Does your taskbar refresh from time to time even when you are doing nothing but looking at the screen? Mine was doing this when I upgraded to the Insider version of 1803 and I just passed it off as a bug in the upgrade. It is now doing it on a clean install.

    It is not a problem but rather just annoying as ***. Just posting to make sure I am not the only one seeing this. :)
    I don't think mine's refreshing, Access.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 
Page 84 of 95 FirstFirst ... 3474828384858694 ... LastLast

Related Threads
Source: How to get the Windows 10 April 2018 Update - Windows Experience Blog Windows 10 April 2018 Update now available Monday, April 30 What’s new in the Windows 10 April 2018 Update - Windows 10 Forums What’s new for IT pros in...
Source: What's new in Microsoft Edge in the Windows 10 April 2018 Update - Microsoft Edge Dev Blog Windows 10 April 2018 Update now available Monday, April 30 How to get the Windows 10 April 2018 Update What’s new in the Windows 10 April...
Source: What's new in the Windows 10 April 2018 Update - Windows Experience Blog Windows 10 April 2018 Update now available Monday, April 30 How to get the Windows 10 April 2018 Update What’s new for IT pros in Windows 10, version 1803 -...
Source: April 2018 Non-Security Office Update Release Office Updates
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 22:37.
Find Us