Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Skip Ahead Build 17650 - Apr. 19 Insider

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
  1. LEOPEVA64's Avatar
    Posts : 1,100
    WINDOWS 10 Pro x64 builds 17763.253, 18317.1000.
       21 Apr 2018 #80

    Windows Central shows a different image...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fileexplorerdarkmode_0.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	127.5 KB 
ID:	185465
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2.    21 Apr 2018 #81

    Kari said: View Post
    Yes, you are right. I thank you for correcting me, and apologize for the wrong information I gave. As both my Asus laptop and Medion tablet had GSOD when upgrading, I did the upgrade using your method only slightly modified on tablet, and viBoot method on laptop.

    Macrium viBoot is easy and hassle-free method to do the upgrade, but as you said it requires GPT partitioned UEFi machine with 64 bit OS.

    Kari
    Of course many tablets now are 64bit uefi but most of the atom ones are 32bit bit.

    I believe you can run 32bit uefi in vmware.


    How to enable UEFI in VMWare Workstation | Ivanti User Community

    Now if viboot worked in vmware as was half promised a couple of years ago.....


    Good question for the Macrium web session?
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3. Kari's Avatar
    Posts : 15,403
    Windows 10 Pro
       21 Apr 2018 #82

    cereberus said: View Post
    Good question for the Macrium web session?
    Yes!

    Please post it in TF Saturday Live thread.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4.    21 Apr 2018 #83

    LEOPEVA64 said: View Post
    Windows Central shows a different image...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fileexplorerdarkmode_0.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	127.5 KB 
ID:	185465
    That looks nicer.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  5. rseiler's Avatar
    Posts : 158
    Windows 10 Enterprise x64 (Insider)
       21 Apr 2018 #84

    If anyone wants to vote up the mouse cursor bug to draw more attention to it:
    Feedback Hub - Windows Insider

    Still wondering about how to work around it. Maybe re-configuring/eliminating the mouse cursor for certain things?
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  6.    21 Apr 2018 #85

    rseiler said: View Post
    If anyone wants to vote up the mouse cursor bug to draw more attention to it:
    Feedback Hub - Windows Insider

    Still wondering about how to work around it. Maybe re-configuring/eliminating the mouse cursor for certain things?
    Not sure if this is the fix, but, I just opened Mouse Properties and the Scheme was set to (None)...

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	000363.png 
Views:	65 
Size:	12.1 KB 
ID:	185480

    ... so I set the Default...

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	000365.png 
Views:	65 
Size:	12.6 KB 
ID:	185481


    ... Seems to be working, so far!
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  7. rseiler's Avatar
    Posts : 158
    Windows 10 Enterprise x64 (Insider)
       21 Apr 2018 #86

    Edwin said: View Post
    Not sure if this is the fix, but, I just opened Mouse Properties and the Scheme was set to (None)...
    ... Seems to be working, so far!
    Yikes, I saw that earlier but didn't think anything of it. Sure enough, that seems to fix it. For anyone still on the previous build, was it on "None" then too, or was it on Windows Default?
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  8. LEOPEVA64's Avatar
    Posts : 1,100
    WINDOWS 10 Pro x64 builds 17763.253, 18317.1000.
       21 Apr 2018 #87

    I had already tried changing all those options but nothing worked, besides, in my case, that option has always been in "Windows default"...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pointer88.gif 
Views:	5 
Size:	502.7 KB 
ID:	185497
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  9. Fabler2's Avatar
    Posts : 678
    Windows 10 preview 64-bit Pro
       21 Apr 2018 #88

    LEOPEVA64 said: View Post
    I had already tried changing all those options but nothing worked, besides, in my case, that option has always been in "Windows default"...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pointer88.gif 
Views:	5 
Size:	502.7 KB 
ID:	185497
    Clicking on 'working in background' or 'busy' shows the circle rotating in the top right box even though not working.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  10.    21 Apr 2018 #89

    LEOPEVA64 said: View Post
    I had already tried changing all those options but nothing worked, besides, in my case, that option has always been in "Windows default"...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pointer88.gif 
Views:	5 
Size:	502.7 KB 
ID:	185497
    Seems to work for a bit per session, but after a reboot or restart of Explorer, it's buggy again!

    I've not seen these before!?!?!?...

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	000372.png 
Views:	41 
Size:	20.4 KB 
ID:	185520
      My ComputersSystem Spec


 
Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Related Threads
UPDATE 4/19: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Skip Ahead Build 17650 - Apr. 19 Insider - Windows 10 Forums 984552967029211137 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 17643 for Skip Ahead - Windows Experience Blog
UPDATE 3/21: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Skip Ahead Build 17627 - Mar. 21 Insider - Windows 10 Forums 974693004526014466 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 17623 for Skip Ahead - Windows Experience Blog
913162233252892672 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 17004 for PC (Skip Ahead) - Windows Experience Blog How to Start or Stop Receiving Insider Builds in Windows 10
UPDATE: 9/27: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Skip Ahead Build 17004 for PC Insider - Windows 10 Forums 908013519697616896 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16362 for PC (Skip Ahead) - Windows Experience Blog
903302171319427076 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16353 for PC (Skip Ahead) - Windows Experience Blog How to Start or Stop Receiving Insider Builds in Windows 10 How to Choose Your Insider Ring Level on your...
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 18:16.
Find Us