New Windows Defender Browser Protection extension for Google Chrome

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1.    #10

    I installed Malwarebytes extension on both Chrome and Firefox, and immediately noticed a huge increase in speed when loading pages. The blocking it does is very well done. I haven't found any conflicts while running it along with AdGuard and Windows Defender Browser Protection.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2. Geosammy's Avatar
    Posts : 535
    Win10 Home 64 bit, Ver 1809 (OS Build 17763.292)
       #11

    @Brink
    Brink said: View Post
    As posted above Malwarebytes does more than just malware protection.

    The Windows Defender add-on is separate than Windows Defender in Windows 10, so it should be fine with your other AV software.
    That's great!
    Thanks for answering my questions.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3. Brink's Avatar
    Posts : 37,078
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro build 18860
    Thread Starter
       #12

    Geosammy said: View Post
    @Brink

    That's great!
    Thanks for answering my questions.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  4. Cliff S's Avatar
    Posts : 23,534
    Win10 Pro, Win10 Pro N, Win10 Home, Win10 Pro Insider Fast Ring, Windows 8.1 Pro, Ubuntu
       #13

    Snagged it:) Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.png 
Views:	91 
Size:	2.2 KB 
ID:	185228
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  5.    #14

    Bobby Phoenix said: View Post
    I installed Malwarebytes extension on both Chrome and Firefox, and immediately noticed a huge increase in speed when loading pages. The blocking it does is very well done. I haven't found any conflicts while running it along with AdGuard and Windows Defender Browser Protection.

    The Malwarebytes extension sounds interesting, but it needs permission to read and change all my data on the websites that I visit. Why should I give a browser extension that kind of power?
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  6.    #15

    I think that is the wording they have to use. I don't remember where I read it, but they had to change the wording and a lot of people (me included) do not like that wording at all.

    EDIT: Not saying Malwarebytes had to change the wording, but all extensions did.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  7.    #16

    Ground Sloth said: View Post
    The Malwarebytes extension sounds interesting, but it needs permission to read and change all my data on the websites that I visit. Why should I give a browser extension that kind of power?
    Think of it this way. Say you visit a site that is malicious, but you don't know it, so how can an extension like Malwarebytes, or Browser Protection suppose to find it? It needs to scan the entire webpage, and if it finds something bad, it will flag it, block it, and show you a warning. If it can't scan the entire page then some bad code can get through and infect your system. It's up to you of who you trust more, and/or just want to do it yourself. You can visit a page everyday, but you only need one visit one day to be infected. You can trust companies that have a known safe track record to scan sites to keep you safe, or don't, and just hope you don't happen to visit a site on a day someone injected something bad. It's your call.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  8.    #17

    I only just found out about the new Malwarebyte's extension now this! Would you run the two together?
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  9.    #18

    Bobby Phoenix said: View Post
    Think of it this way. Say you visit a site that is malicious, but you don't know it, so how can an extension like Malwarebytes, or Browser Protection suppose to find it? It needs to scan the entire webpage, and if it finds something bad, it will flag it, block it, and show you a warning. If it can't scan the entire page then some bad code can get through and infect your system. It's up to you of who you trust more, and/or just want to do it yourself. You can visit a page everyday, but you only need one visit one day to be infected. You can trust companies that have a known safe track record to scan sites to keep you safe, or don't, and just hope you don't happen to visit a site on a day someone injected something bad. It's your call.

    The Malwarebytes extension is an experimental browser extension with very few users. Its effectiveness is not yet known.
    Last edited by Ground Sloth; 18 Apr 2018 at 22:48.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  10. Posts : 79
    Windows 10 Home 64-bit 1809
       #19

    Thanks Shawn!
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Related Threads
Google Chrome Browser in Browsers and Email
Hello, How can I transfer all my Chrome settings, passwords to sites, bookmarks etc. from current computer (32bit) into a new one also windows 10 pro (64bit). Answers will be appreciated. Thanks Motim
What bugs me about Chrome is that you can't simply copy the %appdata% chrome folder to the new Windows install. Even though you copy the Cookies file over, websites ignore that old cookie in the new install. So if you have a bank website you...
I recently re-installed windows 10. Have tried every way to change default browser from Edge to Chrome, to no avail. Even changed the default by file type, HTML, Htm, to open with google chrome. Under Apps & Features, google is listed as my browser,...
Source: New Skype Extension Update for Google Chrome - Skype Blogs
I'm having a persistent problem with Google Chrome. Although Windows 10 says Chrome is the default browser, Google Chrome itself does not "believe" it, and I keep getting the "Google Chrome is not your default browser" notification when I bring up...
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:08.
Find Us