Windows 10: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Skip Ahead Build 17634 - Mar. 29 Insider

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
  1.    3 Weeks Ago #60

    The download phase if build 17634 is agonizing slow. I started my check for updates at 8.00 a.m. & now at 12.15p.m.it is still showing downloading 13%. I wonder at this rate whether I will reach the "Restart now" stage today. Keeping my fingers crossed.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2.    3 Weeks Ago #61

    Well, I have lost patience and I am now upgrading via ISO created from UUP dump site
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  3. Posts : 2,704
    64-bit Win10 Pro Insider Build 17650
       2 Weeks Ago #62

    - chocks away!
    - aok and flying, here..
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  4. Posts : 1,471
    WinX Pro x64 IP current
       2 Weeks Ago #63

    DEEPDKHI2 said: View Post
    Well, I have lost patience and I am now upgrading via ISO created from UUP dump site
    This is exactly why I don't care for using WU. The download speed never comes close to matching my high speed connection (posting for 300 Mbps, which tops out around 360). With the UUP DUMP mini server and UUP2ISO I can have an .ISO ready in as little as 15 minutes (and rarely more than 20 under a heavy load).
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  5.    2 Weeks Ago #64

    A quick question please.

    When you create an ISO, can you mount it in File Explorer and do an Upgrade?

    From reading the info at UUP to ISO - Create Bootable ISO from Windows 10 Build Upgrade Files Windows 10 Tutorials , it looks like an upgrade is possible by mounting the ISO (I don't need to do a clean install everytime).

    Thanks.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  6.    2 Weeks Ago #65

    CallMeSteven said: View Post
    A quick question please.

    When you create an ISO, can you mount it in File Explorer and do an Upgrade?

    From reading the info at UUP to ISO - Create Bootable ISO from Windows 10 Build Upgrade Files Windows 10 Tutorials , it looks like an upgrade is possible by mounting the ISO (I don't need to do a clean install everytime).

    Thanks.
    Yes, once upgrade/update is started it copies all files to temporary place and after restart works of it.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  7.    2 Weeks Ago #66

    Thanks...that's what I was wondering. Finally got my brain in gear with UUP Mini Server & creating an ISO, looks faster than Windows Update. Do you still keep on as well? Would this not also download the update??
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  8.    2 Weeks Ago #67

    CallMeSteven said: View Post
    Thanks...that's what I was wondering. Finally got my brain in gear with UUP Mini Server & creating an ISO, looks faster than Windows Update. Do you still keep on as well? Would this not also download the update??
    Only once I had to use UUP Mini server to download a build because it wouldn't update otherwise but I make (and keep) an ISO for every update, right now I', on Skippy. I don't mind somewhat longer time of normal updates because it's simpler with less steps. Computer is good enough to allow me to work normally all the way until restart is required and that lasts only 5 minutes or so. I also do system checks as well as AV/malware checks before making full system backup and that takes much longer that download itself.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  •    2 Weeks Ago #68

    CallMeSteven said: View Post
    Thanks...that's what I was wondering. Finally got my brain in gear with UUP Mini Server & creating an ISO, looks faster than Windows Update. Do you still keep on as well? Would this not also download the update??
    Leave it on. Once updated, you still need to download normal cumulative updates.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  •    2 Weeks Ago #69

    Okay...I made an ISO for this build and have keep that 'just in case' I need to reinstall, but unlikely as I have full C drive backups with Acronis and I'm very used to using it . Thanks - I've picked up some very useful information playing around with Skippy builds from this forum.

    (NB: I'll leave Windows Updates on also here. I find the update comes through fast (have around 73 Mbit/s download). But it's useful to get the update with the Mini Server if Update fails for some reason.)
    Last edited by CallMeSteven; 2 Weeks Ago at 04:05.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  •  
    Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

    Related Threads
    UPDATE 3/29: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Skip Ahead Build 17634 - Mar. 29 Insider - Windows 10 Forums 976505158547922945 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 17627 for Skip Ahead - Windows Experience Blog
    UPDATE 3/21: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Skip Ahead Build 17627 - Mar. 21 Insider - Windows 10 Forums 974693004526014466 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 17623 for Skip Ahead - Windows Experience Blog
    UPDATE 3/16: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Skip Ahead Build 17623 - Mar. 16 Insider - Windows 10 Forums 971447053187346432 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 17618 for Skip Ahead - Windows Experience Blog
    913162233252892672 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 17004 for PC (Skip Ahead) - Windows Experience Blog How to Start or Stop Receiving Insider Builds in Windows 10
    UPDATE: 9/27: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Skip Ahead Build 17004 for PC Insider - Windows 10 Forums 908013519697616896 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16362 for PC (Skip Ahead) - Windows Experience Blog
    Our Sites
    Site Links
    About Us
    Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

    © Designer Media Ltd
    All times are GMT -5. The time now is 23:56.
    Find Us