KB4100375 Windows 10 Insider Release Preview Build 17133.73 - Apr.10 Insider

Page 56 of 102 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866 ... LastLast
  1. Wynona's Avatar
    Posts : 21,812
    Windows 10 Skip Ahead Preview Build 18219
       09 Apr 2018 #550

    Daz1967 said: View Post

    3. I am unable to access Settings > Apps > Default apps > Set defaults by apps as the window opens then closes after a few seconds with an Event log entry pointing to an error with Ntdll.dll, a system file. The other two Choose by options, however, work fine so it is odd that doesn't. I only came across it when I was trying to find out why web pages from Cortana's search box were opening in Internet Explorer of all things rather than Edge (which is the default browser on my system).
    Whoops! I just tried this, Daz, and it didn't last even one second! It seemed to flash and then was closed!

    So, yeah, this is an issue for me too.

    It works just fine on my RTM Lappy with Build 16299.334 on it.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  2. Posts : 75
    Windows 10 Pro v1703 Build 15063
       09 Apr 2018 #551

    dencal said: View Post
    Have only ever Upgraded since Insider RS4 programme began.....certainly have not experienced either of your above quoted issues.
    No, I was using v1709 build 16299.334 until about two weeks ago when I decided, as an Insider, to switch to the latest RS4 build which at the time was 17128.1 since I'd read it was near-final. A few days later build 17133.1 was released so I again upgraded to that and have been on it ever since.

    I have very few issues relatively speaking and everything seems to work fine, especially games which is the main use for my PC, and it has been 100% stable. I even fixed the broken Windows Media Player issue, which was still reported as broken even after uninstalling and reinstalling it followed by a restart! The fix it seems was to use K-Lite's Codec Tweak Tool to switch from 32-bit to 64-bit WMP!

    In my experience, there always some oddities and quirks as a result of the upgrades but many are fixed via cumulative updates over time. Some are fixed by doing an in-place upgrade again from the ISO installed to a USB stick once the Media Creation Tool is released which is what I intend to try.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  3. Posts : 75
    Windows 10 Pro v1703 Build 15063
       09 Apr 2018 #552

    Wynona said: View Post
    Whoops! I just tried this, Daz, and it didn't last even one second! It seemed to flash and then was closed!

    So, yeah, this is an issue for me too.

    It works just fine on my RTM Lappy with Build 16299.334 on it.
    Good to hear I'm not alone with this issue. Sounds like exactly the same behaviour I am seeing although once I did see the window open for a prolonged amount of time although it was just showing the spinning cursor.

    The Event log reports it's an issue with Ntdll.dll which is a system file. It may be a bug as a result of doing an upgrade. I suspect people doing clean installs may not have this issue. It may be reported as a bug as more people upgrade to v1803 as that is what the majority of people will do, no doubt. Not everyone has the time or patience to do clean installs with every major Windows update and, IMO, it really should not be necessary in 2018.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4. AndreTen's Avatar
    Posts : 15,246
    Windows 10 (Pro and Insider Pro)
       09 Apr 2018 #553

    Wynona said: View Post
    Whoops! I just tried this, Daz, and it didn't last even one second! It seemed to flash and then was closed!

    So, yeah, this is an issue for me too.

    It works just fine on my RTM Lappy with Build 16299.334 on it.
    Daz1967 said: View Post
    Good to hear I'm not alone with this issue. Sounds like exactly the same behaviour I am seeing although once I did see the window open for a prolonged amount of time although it was just showing the spinning cursor.

    The Event log reports it's an issue with Ntdll.dll which is a system file. It may be a bug as a result of doing an upgrade. I suspect people doing clean installs may not have this issue. It may be reported as a bug as more people upgrade to v1803 as that is what the majority of people will do, no doubt. Not everyone has the time or patience to do clean installs with every major Windows update and, IMO, it really should not be necessary in 2018.
    Working fine for me in this build. It was among known issues few builds ago...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.png 
Views:	131 
Size:	10.3 KB 
ID:	184055
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  5. Wynona's Avatar
    Posts : 21,812
    Windows 10 Skip Ahead Preview Build 18219
       09 Apr 2018 #554

    AndreTen said: View Post
    Working fine for me in this build. It was among known issues few builds ago...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.png 
Views:	131 
Size:	10.3 KB 
ID:	184055
    Hi Andre:

    Didn't we see something in the past couple days about Ntdll.dll? I'm sure I've seen that before, but can't remember where. It might provide a clue in this case?
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  6. dencal's Avatar
    Posts : 2,847
    W10 Pro + W10 Preview
       09 Apr 2018 #555

    Daz1967 said: View Post
    Good to hear I'm not alone with this issue. Sounds like exactly the same behaviour I am seeing although once I did see the window open for a prolonged amount of time although it was just showing the spinning cursor.

    The Event log reports it's an issue with Ntdll.dll which is a system file. It may be a bug as a result of doing an upgrade. I suspect people doing clean installs may not have this issue. It may be reported as a bug as more people upgrade to v1803 as that is what the majority of people will do, no doubt. Not everyone has the time or patience to do clean installs with every major Windows update and, IMO, it really should not be necessary in 2018.
    Have you tried the following?.....assuming you can open it up long enough to click on.

    Reset App in Windows 10 Windows 10 Tutorials

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2018-04-09_20h49_41.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	152.9 KB 
ID:	184056
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  7. JGToy's Avatar
    Posts : 280
    Windows 10 Pro x64-bit Build Latest
       09 Apr 2018 #556

    Daz1967 said: View Post
    I upgraded to Windows 10 Pro v1803 build 17128 from v1709 build 16299.xx as an Insider a couple of weeks ago then to build 17133.1 a few days later when I found out it was rumoured to be the final release version.

    So far, it appears to be working exactly as before with almost all of my settings and games copied over, requiring me only to do a few minor tweaks and add Firewall exclusives, etc, the first time they were run. Windows has also been 100% stable with no unusual crashes or anything of that kind plus sfc /scannow and dism /online /cleanup-image /scanhealth all report a clean bill of health.

    However, I have come across a few issues which may be bugs with this build or 'hiccups' as a result of doing an upgrade rather than a clean install (my PC was built in June 2013 when Windows 8 was installed clean on it and since then I've only done in-place upgrades to the current build of Windows 10 I am using now).

    These issues are:

    1. The Recovery partition shows as an almost full drive with the letter O in File Explorer. Previous versions of Windows 10 kept this hidden. Computer Management shows this 452 MB drive but the options to unassign the drive letter and those hide it is greyed out and unselectable.

    2. Cortana displays obviously missing text that is only visible when mousing-over when I left click in the search bar without typing anything in as discussed here: Windows 10 Pro v1803 Cortana Text Visibility Issue - Windows 10 Forums

    3. I am unable to access Settings > Apps > Default apps > Set defaults by apps as the window opens then closes after a few seconds with an Event log entry pointing to an error with Ntdll.dll, a system file. The other two Choose by options, however, work fine so it is odd that doesn't. I only came across it when I was trying to find out why web pages from Cortana's search box were opening in Internet Explorer of all things rather than Edge (which is the default browser on my system).

    I may do an in-place upgrade using the ISO from a USB stick once the Media Creation Tool is released that will download this build of Windows as this has fixed similar issues to this in the past.
    All good here! Actually I haven't yet found any problem on this build.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  8.    09 Apr 2018 #557

    Default App screen fine, here.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  9. Posts : 75
    Windows 10 Pro v1703 Build 15063
       09 Apr 2018 #558

    dencal said: View Post
    Have you tried the following?.....assuming you can open it up long enough to click on.

    Reset App in Windows 10 Windows 10 Tutorials

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2018-04-09_20h49_41.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	152.9 KB 
ID:	184056
    Yes. Tried it a few times but it doesnt fix the issue, unfortunately.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  10. AndreTen's Avatar
    Posts : 15,246
    Windows 10 (Pro and Insider Pro)
       09 Apr 2018 #559

    Wynona said: View Post
    Hi Andre:

    Didn't we see something in the past couple days about Ntdll.dll? I'm sure I've seen that before, but can't remember where. It might provide a clue in this case?
    Sorry Wynona, have no idea. Also can't find reference to known issues and setting Apps defaults crashing Settings..
      My ComputersSystem Spec


 
Page 56 of 102 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866 ... LastLast

Related Threads
Hey there i'm on v1803.. (i'm not an Insider) But how can i manually install KB4100375 (OS Build 17133.73).. i have tryed with Cab file's and Always gets errors.. or is it better to just wait when the Official RTM (ISO.) comes available on MCT...
Read more: HoloLens RS4 Preview - Mixed Reality | Microsoft Docs
Source: HoloLens RS4 Preview - Mixed Reality | Microsoft Docs
Read more: Windows 10 Mobile build 10586.338 now hitting Insider Release Preview Ring | Windows Central How to Update to Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview Builds for Phones How to Choose Fast or Slow Insider Level on your Windows 10 Mobile...
Read more: Windows 10 Insider Preview build 10154 release notes have leaked
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:36.
Find Us