KB4100375 Windows 10 Insider Release Preview Build 17133.73 - Apr.10 Insider

Page 28 of 102 FirstFirst ... 1826272829303878 ... LastLast
  1. slicendice's Avatar
    Posts : 3,642
    Windows 10 Pro x64 v1809 Build 17763.134 (Branch: RS5 Release Preview)
       03 Apr 2018 #270

    cereberus said: View Post
    All I know with an SSD, it downloads at a flat 8 MB/s until finished, with an HDD it drops after a shortish period. My hard drive will write at 80 MB/s, so it cannot be a hard drive bottleneck, the CPU is the same of course. It would be great if we could run uupdump without verifying. I wonder if we can modify the .cmd file?
    It's all about access times on SSD vs HDD. While downloading with default settings and the HDD cache buffer is full the HDD has to write to 4 different locations which means the needle has to jump to 4 different locations and once the verification process starts the needle has to jump to even more locations. This slows down everything a lot.

    Best would be to download to a RAM disk on really fast hardware. :)
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  2.    03 Apr 2018 #271

    slicendice said: View Post
    It's all about access times on SSD vs HDD. While downloading with default settings and the HDD cache buffer is full the HDD has to write to 4Once the verification process starts the needle has to jump between 4 different locations and once a verification process starts it has to jump to even further locations. This slows down everything a lot.

    Best would be to download to a RAM disk on really fast hardware. :)
    Yeah - I guessed it was to do with good old cache buffers. It is a pit NVRAM is so expensive - that would be a real game changer. It is a pity we cannot skip the verification phase. I realised that the moment I sent post and edited it.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3. slicendice's Avatar
    Posts : 3,642
    Windows 10 Pro x64 v1809 Build 17763.134 (Branch: RS5 Release Preview)
       03 Apr 2018 #272

    cereberus said: View Post
    Yeah - I guessed it was to do with good old cache buffers. It is a pit NVRAM is so expensive - that would be a real game changer. It is a pity we cannot skip the verification phase. I realised that the moment I sent post and edited it.
    Heheh, since the whole UUP mini server is just a bunch of source code, I'm certain it can be hacked to skip the verification. I would however not recommend this.

    Yes, any type of RAM disk impacts performance a lot for any IO activity. The boost in performance is huge.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  4.    03 Apr 2018 #273

    slicendice said: View Post
    Heheh, since the whole UUP mini server is just a bunch of source code, I'm certain it can be hacked to skip the verification. I would however not recommend this.

    Yes, any type of RAM disk impacts performance a lot for any IO activity. The boost in performance is huge.
    Thinking abut it, I do not see how a RAM disk would gain me much as my download to SSD is maxed out at my max broadband speed and remains constant. I would only gain anything in the last 30 seconds or so whilst verification continues after downloads have been completed.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5.    03 Apr 2018 #274

    LEOPEVA64 said: View Post
    The ESD has already been leaked, definitely the build 17133.1 is the RTM:
    Attachment 183288

    https://t.co/S63T7RvRgG

    Attachment 183290

    This is really slow - I and downloading at around 0.7 MB/s compared with 10 time that using GitHub.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  6. LEOPEVA64's Avatar
    Posts : 943
    WINDOWS 10 Pro x64 builds 17763.134, 18282.1000.
       03 Apr 2018 #275

    cereberus said: View Post
    This is really slow - I and downloading at around 0.7 MB/s compared with 10 time that using GitHub.
    I downloaded the ESD of my edition (2.8 GB) at the same speed that I always downloaded the UUP files with the miniserver, I had no problems.


      My ComputerSystem Spec

  7. tracit99's Avatar
    Posts : 565
    Windows 10 Pro 17763.134
       03 Apr 2018 #276

    I also had no trouble downloading both the x86 and x64 esds (EN-US). I have made a multi-architecture ISO, a x64 ISO and I am working on a x86 ISO. Let the fun begin.

    Edit: Bummer. The multi-architecture ISO with two separate Install.wim files was a mere 2.03MB to large to fit on my 8GB USB drive. I am making one with two separate Install.esd files now.
    Last edited by tracit99; 03 Apr 2018 at 08:21.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  8. Posts : 179
    Windows 10 Pro 1809 (17763.134)
       03 Apr 2018 #277

    Did a clean install of the x64 ESD (en-us), no issues whatsoever.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  9. LEOPEVA64's Avatar
    Posts : 943
    WINDOWS 10 Pro x64 builds 17763.134, 18282.1000.
       03 Apr 2018 #278

    For those who like to experiment, you can use the MCT to create the ISO with the leaked XML file, you just have to download the current MCT, then put the XML file in the same folder and run this command: MediaCreationTool.exe /Selfhost
    All the credits to abbodi1406 from MDL.
    Last edited by LEOPEVA64; 03 Apr 2018 at 15:21. Reason: change link
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  10. slicendice's Avatar
    Posts : 3,642
    Windows 10 Pro x64 v1809 Build 17763.134 (Branch: RS5 Release Preview)
       03 Apr 2018 #279

    LEOPEVA64 said: View Post
    For those who like to experiment, you can use the MCT to create the ISO with the leaked XML file, you just have to download the current MCT, then put the XML file in the same folder and run this command: MediaCreationTool.exe /Selfhost
    All the credits to abbodi1406 from MDL.
    Thanks for the reminder of this method.
      My ComputersSystem Spec


 
Page 28 of 102 FirstFirst ... 1826272829303878 ... LastLast

Related Threads
Hey there i'm on v1803.. (i'm not an Insider) But how can i manually install KB4100375 (OS Build 17133.73).. i have tryed with Cab file's and Always gets errors.. or is it better to just wait when the Official RTM (ISO.) comes available on MCT...
Read more: HoloLens RS4 Preview - Mixed Reality | Microsoft Docs
Source: HoloLens RS4 Preview - Mixed Reality | Microsoft Docs
Read more: Windows 10 Mobile build 10586.338 now hitting Insider Release Preview Ring | Windows Central How to Update to Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview Builds for Phones How to Choose Fast or Slow Insider Level on your Windows 10 Mobile...
Read more: Windows 10 Insider Preview build 10154 release notes have leaked
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 15:02.
Find Us