Windows 10: KB4100375 Windows 10 Insider Release Preview Build 17133.73 - Apr.10 Insider

Page 24 of 102 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474 ... LastLast

  1. Posts : 1,503
    Windows 10 and windows insider
       3 Weeks Ago #230

    That would be nice. I am in process of doing a clean, fresh install of 17133. Have had much trouble with lack of cortana and could not get it to do anything. So now, I am trying a clean install approach to see what that gets me.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2.    3 Weeks Ago #231

    magilla said: View Post
    That would be nice. I am in process of doing a clean, fresh install of 17133. Have had much trouble with lack of cortana and could not get it to do anything. So now, I am trying a clean install approach to see what that gets me.
    good luck hope it works my clean install works great here
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  3. Posts : 1,503
    Windows 10 and windows insider
       3 Weeks Ago #232

    Dave44 said: View Post
    good luck hope it works my clean install works great here
    This is first clean install I have done in a very, very long time. I forgot how much stuff you have to reinstall -- even windows app things now have to be installed. Office, all the files, videos, music, and the like.
    BUT - we have Cortana speaking and responding again. I know many people don't like cortana but I do!
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  4. Posts : 1,503
    Windows 10 and windows insider
       3 Weeks Ago #233

    cereberus said: View Post
    Just checked size of downloads using either link, and both were identical to the last byte. Obviously no difference yet. I reckon github is just getting ready.
    I did the UUPDump for first time last night. It is fast. I had to sit with @Kari's video open and pause it while I went through the steps. Finally made it, then went to the UUPtoISO and made the iso file.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  5. Posts : 32,557
    Triple boot - Win 10 Pro, Win 10 Pro Insider (2) - (and a sprinkling of VMs)
       3 Weeks Ago #234

    magilla said: View Post
    I did the UUPDump for first time last night. It is fast. I had to sit with @Kari's video open and pause it while I went through the steps. Finally made it, then went to the UUPtoISO and made the iso file.
    Curious....what was your total download time?
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  6. Posts : 1,503
    Windows 10 and windows insider
       3 Weeks Ago #235

    f14tomcat said: View Post
    Curious....what was your total download time?
    You know - honestly I didn’t time it, I was too involved with reading and re-reading the video instructions so I’m sorry. It was fast when compared to ms download time. Next time I’ll set a timer.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  7. Posts : 1,503
    Windows 10 and windows insider
       3 Weeks Ago #236

    @f14tomcat, I suppose when you take into consideration the amount of time following instructions I probably spent as much time as ms downloading. I’m used to the uuptoiso component, but the uupdump is new to me so I’m slow with that. The actual download seemed to be over before I knew it.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  8. Posts : 32,557
    Triple boot - Win 10 Pro, Win 10 Pro Insider (2) - (and a sprinkling of VMs)
       3 Weeks Ago #237

    magilla said: View Post
    You know - honestly I didn’t time it, I was too involved with reading and re-reading the video instructions so I’m sorry. It was fast when compared to ms download time. Next time I’ll set a timer.
    Thanks. Best I've ever gotten is like 6-7 minutes @ 85Mb/s. I've seen others say 2 minutes or so. Just wondering if that's normal for me, or there's something on my end that's tripping it up. The display on the download box is always around 9.8-9.9 MB/s, so that equates close enough to 85Mb/s.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  •    3 Weeks Ago #238

    f14tomcat said: View Post
    Curious....what was your total download time?
    UUPDUMP works more or less as fast as your broadband can manage. I have 72+ Mbps = 9+MB/S ( call it 10 to simplify sums). Download is around 3.6 GB = 3600 MB and thus takes 360 seconds approx ie. 6 mins and that is about right.

    Aria has a download speed meter, and my downloads certainly go as fast as my relatively fast speeds can handle. I guess there may come a point where it cannot keep up with very fast broadbands but then we are only talking a few minutes maximum.

    It blitzes along compared with normal windows updates.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  • Posts : 32,557
    Triple boot - Win 10 Pro, Win 10 Pro Insider (2) - (and a sprinkling of VMs)
       3 Weeks Ago #239

    cereberus said: View Post
    UUPDUMP works more or less as fast as your broadband can manage. I have 72+ Mbps = 9+MB/S ( call it 10 to simplify sums). Download is around 3.6 GB = 3600 MB and thus takes 360 seconds approx ie. 6 mins and that is about right.

    Aria has a download speed meter, and my downloads certainly go as fast as my relatively fast speeds can handle. I guess there may come a point where it cannot keep up with very fast broadbands but then we are only talking a few minutes maximum.

    It blitzes along compared with normal windows updates.
    That is an understatement, for sure!
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  •  
    Page 24 of 102 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474 ... LastLast

    Related Threads
    Hey there i'm on v1803.. (i'm not an Insider) But how can i manually install KB4100375 (OS Build 17133.73).. i have tryed with Cab file's and Always gets errors.. or is it better to just wait when the Official RTM (ISO.) comes available on MCT...
    Read more: HoloLens RS4 Preview - Mixed Reality | Microsoft Docs
    Source: HoloLens RS4 Preview - Mixed Reality | Microsoft Docs
    Read more: Windows 10 Mobile build 10586.338 now hitting Insider Release Preview Ring | Windows Central How to Update to Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview Builds for Phones How to Choose Fast or Slow Insider Level on your Windows 10 Mobile...
    Read more: Windows 10 Insider Preview build 10154 release notes have leaked
    Our Sites
    Site Links
    About Us
    Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

    Designer Media Ltd
    All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:08.
    Find Us