Windows 10: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Fast Build 17123 - Mar. 16 Insider

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
  1.    19 Mar 2018 #70

    cereberus said: View Post
    Well, I have tried every trick I know to get 17123 to clean install as a dual boot host option. I have tried following - I turned off secure boot as well.

    1) creating bootable flash drive using mounted drive/fat32 - even making partition active

    2) Rufus

    These would not boot at all from usb drive - just the perennial circles

    3) copying install.wim to a FCU installer - got further but fell over later with language problems

    4) copying FCU boot.wim to flash drive created by 1 above - failed with some missing driver

    5) Copying install files to a hard drive, and creating boot entry - failed like 1&2

    6) Running FCU and running setup from sources folder - got further and looked good until it rebooted and the dreaded circles

    7) Installing 17123 in a vm, and attaching vhd to host - just goes into a reboot loop

    8) sysprepping 17123 vm install, and attaching vhd to host - failed same as 7

    The only option that worked was to install 16299 and upgrade but that was not what I wanted to do.

    I then tried same with official Slow Ring iso - same problems.

    I am certain it is a driver issue but have no way if working out what!
    The only option that worked was to install 16299 and upgrade but that was not what I wanted to do.

    That was the only way I could get it to install as well.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2.    19 Mar 2018 #71

    Josey Wales said: View Post
    That was the only way I could get it to install as well.
    Interesting - problem is MS will not recognise using iso as unofficial and will not investigate.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3.    19 Mar 2018 #72

    cereberus said: View Post
    Interesting - problem is MS will not recognise using iso as unofficial and will not investigate.
    They are probably concerned that the ISO may not be authentic? But if you download it from MS how can it not be??
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4.    19 Mar 2018 #73

    Josey Wales said: View Post
    They are probably concerned that the ISO may not be authentic? But if you download it from MS how can it not be??
    I made the 17123 manually but it still failed with the latest slow ring version which is authentic.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5.    19 Mar 2018 #74

    cereberus said: View Post
    I made the 17123 manually but it still failed with the latest slow ring version which is authentic.
    Every 17XXX build failed for me using an ISO. I gave up on it for a few months and stayed on The FCU. Then I ran sfc and checkdsk and all was OK so I tried using WU and Build 17115 installed the first try. Maybe it will only work as a clean install.. I don't know..
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  6.    19 Mar 2018 #75

    Well Kari--I hate to disappoint you but yesterday I downloaded your latest UUP to iso version 4.00 onto my computer and having installed it, I used it to create an x86 iso of build 17123. I used that iso to clean install that build but it would direct me to keyboard selection instead of the installation screen. The only clue I can give you is that while creating the iso the software pauses after creating the boot.win file and then says" access denied". Kindly guide me.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  7.    19 Mar 2018 #76

    DEEPDKHI2 said: View Post
    Well Kari--I hate to disappoint you but yesterday I downloaded your latest UUP to iso version 4.00 onto my computer and having installed it, I used it to create an x86 iso of build 17123. I used that iso to clean install that build but it would direct me to keyboard selection instead of the installation screen. The only clue I can give you is that while creating the iso the software pauses after creating the boot.win file and then says" access denied". Kindly guide me.
    @Kari
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  8.    19 Mar 2018 #77

    DEEPDKHI2 said: View Post
    Well Kari--I hate to disappoint you but yesterday I downloaded your latest UUP to iso version 4.00 onto my computer and having installed it, I used it to create an x86 iso of build 17123. I used that iso to clean install that build but it would direct me to keyboard selection instead of the installation screen. The only clue I can give you is that while creating the iso the software pauses after creating the boot.win file and then says" access denied". Kindly guide me.
    at ext s


    Select keyboard, and at next screen navigate to command prompt.

    Then run following

    diskpart

    list vol

    identify which is the installer drive - probably D, exit diskpart and change to drive\path D:\ and run setup,exe.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  •    19 Mar 2018 #78

    Well I have done all the above steps but that does not answer my question as to why the software does not direct me to the installation screen instead of the keyboard selection screen
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  •    19 Mar 2018 #79

    DEEPDKHI2 said: View Post
    Well I have done all the above steps but that does not answer my question as to why the software does not direct me to the installation screen instead of the keyboard selection screen
    Just a glitch we have seen before.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  •  
    Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

    Related Threads
    UPDATE 3/22: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Slow Build 17127 - Mar. 23 Insider - Windows 10 Forums 974693004526014466 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 17120 for Fast - Windows Experience Blog
    UPDATE 3/6: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Fast Build 17115 - Mar. 6 Insider - Windows 10 Forums 969664470262759424 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 17112 for Fast - Windows Experience Blog
    UPDATE 3/2: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Fast Build 17112 - Mar. 2 Insider - Windows 10 Forums 968546781628805120 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 17110 for Fast - Windows Experience Blog
    967097353189474304 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 17107 for Fast Ring - Windows Experience Blog This is a prototype "dashboard" for Windows Insiders to quickly identify the latest Insider Preview releases for PC,...
    Update Sept. 12th: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16288 PC 15250 Mobile Insider - Windows 10 Forums 903739865380020225 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16281 for PC - Windows Experience Blog How to...
    Our Sites
    Site Links
    About Us
    Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

    © Designer Media Ltd
    All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:04.
    Find Us