Windows 10: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Skip Ahead Build 17618 - Mar. 7 Insider

Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13212223
  1.    15 Mar 2018 #220

    Wynona said: View Post
    I had that problem, Winuser, and I had changed my password in GooglePlus, which "in my case" was the same as my gmail PW.
    My user name and password work when I login to the website through my browser. I checked my settings and POP and IMAP is enabled. Outlook worked OK when I set it up for my Comcast Account.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  2. Posts : 19,511
    Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 17083
       15 Mar 2018 #221

    Winuser said: View Post
    My user name and password work when I login to the website through my browser. I checked my settings and POP and IMAP is enabled. Outlook worked OK when I set it up for my Comcast Account.
    That's the only thing I can think of. I quit using gmail some time back, about the time Word, Excel and something else were released to Android. I had to log in for something, or I wouldn't have known my PW was changed.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  3. Posts : 1,369
    Triple Boot Windows 10 IP Build 17643/Windows Server IP Build 17623/Debian Unstable Ker
       15 Mar 2018 #222

    Current Canary is 17624 compiled Mon. Thus for Skippers we are probably looking at 17628/17629 next Weds.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  4.    16 Mar 2018 #223

    Thanks for the info Marty.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  5.    16 Mar 2018 #224

    martyfelker said: View Post
    Current Canary is 17624 compiled Mon. Thus for Skippers we are probably looking at 17628/17629 next Weds.
    Hope that build sorts out Store Apps...thanks for the news.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  6. Posts : 1,369
    Triple Boot Windows 10 IP Build 17643/Windows Server IP Build 17623/Debian Unstable Ker
       16 Mar 2018 #225

    For any command line junkies out there, you'll be glad to know the JPSoftware's free TCC/LE command processor works on 17618 when it failed to run on earlier rs5 and even late rs4 builds. Thanks, Microsoft!
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  7. Posts : 13,771
    Windows 10 Pro
       16 Mar 2018 #226

    Winuser said: View Post
    I was going to try Outlook 2016 so I could compare it to eM Client. It will not except my user name and password for my Gmail account.
    Wynona said: View Post
    I had that problem, Winuser, and I had changed my password in GooglePlus, which "in my case" was the same as my gmail PW.
    Winuser said: View Post
    My user name and password work when I login to the website through my browser. I checked my settings and POP and IMAP is enabled. Outlook worked OK when I set it up for my Comcast Account.
    Wynona said: View Post
    That's the only thing I can think of. I quit using gmail some time back, about the time Word, Excel and something else were released to Android. I had to log in for something, or I wouldn't have known my PW was changed.
    Are you geeks using two factor authentication? In that case, you must create an app password for Outlook.

    It's the same with outlook.com / hotmail.com / live.com email addresses. If 2FA is enabled, the normal password does not work in email clients. You must use an app password instead.

    Notice that app passwords are individual for each application, one app password for one application on one device. For instance, if you want to use a Gmail or Outlook.com email address both in Outlook 2016 and Windows Mail app, you must create separate app passwords for both, and again new ones if you add same accounts to Outlook 2016 and / or Windows Mail app on another device.

    You can create Gmail app passwords signing in here: Account settings

    App password for outlook.com or any other Microsoft's email address: Additional security options

    Kari
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  8. Posts : 19,511
    Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 17083
       16 Mar 2018 #227

    Kari said: View Post
    Are you geeks using two factor authentication? In that case, you must create an app password for Outlook.

    It's the same with outlook.com / hotmail.com / live.com email addresses. If 2FA is enabled, the normal password does not work in email clients. You must use an app password instead.

    Notice that app passwords are individual for each application, one app password for one application on one device. For instance, if you want to use a Gmail or Outlook.com email address both in Outlook 2016 and Windows Mail app, you must create separate app passwords for both, and again new ones if you add same accounts to Outlook 2016 and / or Windows Mail app on another device.

    You can create Gmail app passwords signing in here: Account settings

    App password for outlook.com or any other Microsoft's email address: Additional security options

    Kari
    Thanks, Kari. I have it almost finished on my phone, but I'm stumped. Maybe these links will help me figure it out.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  • Posts : 1,471
    WinX Pro x64 IP current
       16 Mar 2018 #228

    Kari said: View Post
    Are you geeks using two factor authentication? In that case, you must create an app password for Outlook.

    It's the same with outlook.com / hotmail.com / live.com email addresses. If 2FA is enabled, the normal password does not work in email clients. You must use an app password instead.

    Notice that app passwords are individual for each application, one app password for one application on one device. For instance, if you want to use a Gmail or Outlook.com email address both in Outlook 2016 and Windows Mail app, you must create separate app passwords for both, and again new ones if you add same accounts to Outlook 2016 and / or Windows Mail app on another device.

    You can create Gmail app passwords signing in here: Account settings

    App password for outlook.com or any other Microsoft's email address: Additional security options

    Kari
    Actually, if you use the 2fa paired with the Microsoft Authenticator app for Android, it works perfectly fine (in the Windows 10 email app) without needing to create a specific app password.

    I'll test in Outlook 2016 (Insider Preview) tonight, but I suspect it will be no different.

    I'll also test my GMail accounts, as they are set to 2FA with notifications coming directly to my registered Android phones (in basically the same way that the Microsoft Authenticator app works) but IIRC, it worked the last time I tried it before I went back to using the web interface for GMail.

    As for iOS devices, I do not know if Microsoft has pushed a similar Authenticator app to them or not, and neither do I know if Google Accounts can be pushed for 2FA onto iOS devices through the Google app or not.
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  •  
    Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13212223

    Related Threads
    UPDATE 3/7: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Skip Ahead Build 17618 - Mar. 7 Insider - Windows 10 Forums UPDATE 3/6: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Fast Build 17115 - Mar. 6 Insider - Windows 10 Forums 963919177181360128 ...
    UPDATE 11/16: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Fast+Skip Ahead Build 17040 for PC Insider - Windows 10 Forums 928321775498170368 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 17035 for PC - Windows Experience Blog
    913162233252892672 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 17004 for PC (Skip Ahead) - Windows Experience Blog How to Start or Stop Receiving Insider Builds in Windows 10
    UPDATE: 9/27: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Skip Ahead Build 17004 for PC Insider - Windows 10 Forums 908013519697616896 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16362 for PC (Skip Ahead) - Windows Experience Blog
    903302171319427076 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16353 for PC (Skip Ahead) - Windows Experience Blog How to Start or Stop Receiving Insider Builds in Windows 10 How to Choose Your Insider Ring Level on your...
    Our Sites
    Site Links
    About Us
    Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

    © Designer Media Ltd
    All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:53.
    Find Us