Windows 10: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Slow Build 17115 - Mar. 6 Insider

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
  1.    08 Mar 2018 #90

    cbwilsha said: View Post
    I've put it in Feedback Hub after every build starting with 17107. Thanks for letting me know that a clean install didn't fix it either.

    C.B.
    I just discovered today that the 17115 build for me also will not Shutdown. Requires a hard reset to recover and never shuts down. That's in addition now to the won't wake from sleep problem!!!

    C.B.







      My ComputerSystem Spec


  2. Posts : 693
    WINDOWS 10 Pro x64 builds 17134.112, 17692.1000.
       08 Mar 2018 #91

    cbwilsha said: View Post
    I just discovered today that the 17115 build for me also will not Shutdown. Requires a hard reset to recover and never shuts down. That's in addition now to the won't wake from sleep problem!!!
    Yes, there are multiple issues with this, another person mentions this on Twitter.
    And this is the comment in the Feedback hub: https://aka.ms/F9lgkt
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  3. Posts : 3,193
    Windows 10 Pro x64 v1803 Build 17134.81 (Branch: RS4 Release Preview)
       08 Mar 2018 #92

    cereberus said: View Post
    If they had written that article in Finnish it would be no less understandable :-D.

    Does anybody care to explain it eli5 style?
    If you are not an active software developer nor heavy user of Git, then this feature is pretty much useless to you. This feature is even almost useless for most software developers, since the gain in small software projects is minimal. While on huge projects like Windows with millions of files and huge teams, the gains and speed improvements are massive. Less network chatter and less unnecessary file downloads.

    This feature is all about Git and local file system, and making the link in between faster, by tricking the software requesting for a file to think the file exist on local storage, while in reality the file exist only on a Git server or a cache server in local network.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  4.    08 Mar 2018 #93

    slicendice said: View Post
    If you are not an active software developer nor heavy user of Git, then this feature is pretty much useless to you. This feature is even almost useless for most software developers, since the gain in small software projects is minimal. While on huge projects like Windows with millions of files and huge teams, the gains and speed improvements are massive. Less network chatter and less unnecessary file downloads.

    This feature is all about Git and local file system, and making the link in between faster, by tricking the software requesting for a file to think the file exist on local storage, while in reality the file exist only on a Git server or a cache server in local network.
    Thanks for that. It makes me wonder why such a feature would be added to Home though?
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  5. Posts : 3,193
    Windows 10 Pro x64 v1803 Build 17134.81 (Branch: RS4 Release Preview)
       09 Mar 2018 #94

    cereberus said: View Post
    Thanks for that. It makes me wonder why such a feature would be added to Home though?
    Since it's still Beta, I think it's put on all editions. Maybe they remove it later. Or maybe there are a lot of developers out there who use Home edition. I am almost certain there is, since Pro does not bring that much value to a software developer. What I mean is that Windows Home and VS Community Edition can take you very far. No need for RDP nor Group Policy editors etc...

    Maybe MS has more plans to evolve the feature that would be relevant to all types of users on all Windows editions. One never know until MS makes an official announcement.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  6.    09 Mar 2018 #95

    OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOk...
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  7. Posts : 30,092
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro build 17692
    Thread Starter
       09 Mar 2018 #96

    Update:

    Heads up #WindowsInsiders we have released Build 17115 to the Slow ring!
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  8.    09 Mar 2018 #97

    Coming in next update of 1803 - enhanced mode for Linux in Hyper-V amongst other things. Sound in Hyper-V Linux VMs at last?

    What Windows Command Line Tools For Developers

    Hyper-V
    Enhanced Session
    Linux VM's running on Hyper-V can now benefit from an enhanced session mode. The key tech enabling this is the open source XRDP project which enables us to interact with the Linux VM the same way we do with Windows which is via the RDP protocol. Give this a try and you'll see the user experience improvement is significant.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  •    09 Mar 2018 #98

    According to text Insiders have tested these features - did I miss this?
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  •   My ComputerSystem Spec


  •  
    Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

    Related Threads
    UPDATE 3/9: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Slow + Fast Build 17115 - Mar. 6 Insider - Windows 10 Forums 954520494002159616 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 17074 for PC - Windows Experience Blog
    UPDATE 10/4: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Fast+Slow Build 16299.15 for PC Insider - Windows 10 Forums UPDATE 9/28: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Slow+Fast Build 16299 for PC Insider - Windows 10 Forums 912785209581555712...
    UPDATE 10/4: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Fast+Slow Build 16299.15 for PC Insider - Windows 10 Forums UPDATE 10/2: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Fast Build 16299.15 for PC Insider - Windows 10 Forums 913556690376773632...
    UPDATE 9/26: Insider Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Slow Build 16296 for PC - Windows 10 Forums 911319835648204800 910247567849426945 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16291 for PC - Windows Experience Blog
    903740172344336384 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16278 for PC - Windows Experience Blog How to Start or Stop Receiving Insider Builds in Windows 10
    Our Sites
    Site Links
    About Us
    Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

    © Designer Media Ltd
    All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:44.
    Find Us