Windows 10: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Fast Build 17107 - Feb. 23 Insider

Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast

  1. Posts : 20,702
    Windows 10 Skip Ahead Preview Build 18204
       25 Feb 2018 #120

    slicendice said: View Post
    I totally agree with this! Finally something that at least installs without hiccups!
    For the most part, installation on this desktop has gone as it should, but not always. :)
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2.    25 Feb 2018 #121

    Wynona said: View Post
    I just read that, Cereberus! I haven't done it lately, but historically, when an update was pending, I set sleep to Never so it wouldn't go to sleep while installing. Once installation was finished, I set it back to its normal sleep pattern.
    Sure - my real point was the new feature is not active until you have actually upgraded, and I do not see how you can test it until the next build upgrade (unless a cumulative update is introduced before next build upgrade which is quite rare).

    I suppose you could do a repair upgrade to test it thinking about it i.e. reinstall 17604 over the top of it. I might try that in a VM.

    Edit: I cannot test in a VM as only power option is to turn off screen i.e. no sleep option.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  3. Posts : 20,702
    Windows 10 Skip Ahead Preview Build 18204
       25 Feb 2018 #122

    cereberus said: View Post
    Sure - my real point was the new feature is not active until you have actually upgraded, and I do not see how you can test it until the next build upgrade (unless a cumulative update is introduced before next build upgrade which is quite rare).

    I suppose you could do a repair upgrade to test it thinking about it i.e. reinstall 17604 over the top of it. I might try that in a VM.

    Edit: I cannot test in a VM as only power option is to turn off screen i.e. no sleep option.
    OK, I guess I just assumed it had been put into action with this Build. Going back and reading again, I think there will be folks who thought the same as I.

    I'll wait til the next Build to test this one out. Hmmmm, wonder if that's why my computer refused to wake up?

    No matter, though. Installation went without a hitch on the desktop and I now have sleep fixed. Little Lenovo Flex installed without a hitch and didn't have the sleep problem.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  4. Posts : 13,550
    Windows 10 (Pro and Insider Pro)
       25 Feb 2018 #123

    cereberus said: View Post
    How do we actually test this on this build, unless we get any updates which is rare on Insiders?

    I assume you would have to set sleep to a very short period eg 10 minutes and wait for next build?

    What happens if it fails - would it screw up the upgrade. My PC is set to never sleep, only turn off screen on power.

    Keeping PCs Up-to-date: In an effort to prevent PCs from becoming out of date, we are introducing a change in behavior to Windows Update that is designed to be more proactive at keeping PCs updated. In RS4, now when Windows Update scans, downloads, and installs on a PC with AC power – it will prevent the PC from going to sleep when it is not in active use, for up to 2 hours when receiving an update in order to give Windows Update more opportunity to succeed. If you are not seeing this new behavior, let us know by sending in feedback via Feedback Hub.
    Wynona said: View Post
    I just read that, Cereberus! I haven't done it lately, but historically, when an update was pending, I set sleep to Never so it wouldn't go to sleep while installing. Once installation was finished, I set it back to its normal sleep pattern.
    Wynona said: View Post
    OK, I guess I just assumed it had been put into action with this Build. Going back and reading again, I think there will be folks who thought the same as I.

    I'll wait til the next Build to test this one out. Hmmmm, wonder if that's why my computer refused to wake up?

    No matter, though. Installation went without a hitch on the desktop and I now have sleep fixed. Little Lenovo Flex installed without a hitch and didn't have the sleep problem.
    We will test this with the next update (I usually set some music to play)... but

    Don't you think this may be connected with sudden sleep and wake problems some users have with this build?
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5.    25 Feb 2018 #124

    AndreTen said: View Post
    We will test this with the next update (I usually set some music to play)... but

    Don't you think this may be connected with sudden sleep and wake problems some users have with this build?
    Yeah - perhaps.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  6.    25 Feb 2018 #125

    Wynona said: View Post
    OK, I guess I just assumed it had been put into action with this Build. Going back and reading again, I think there will be folks who thought the same as I.

    I'll wait til the next Build to test this one out. Hmmmm, wonder if that's why my computer refused to wake up?

    No matter, though. Installation went without a hitch on the desktop and I now have sleep fixed. Little Lenovo Flex installed without a hitch and didn't have the sleep problem.
    It is possible I guess, the enabling software was added in last build but we only got informed this build - that would make sense, and then that could explain why people are getting sleep issues?
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  7.    25 Feb 2018 #126

    K, this is disappointing:

    The Microsoft Reader App has been discontinued but, you can still install it just so they can let you know that Edge is 'the new kid on the block' for pdf viewing!?!?!?
    C'mon MS!!!

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	000208.png 
Views:	59 
Size:	20.6 KB 
ID:	178531

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	000209.png 
Views:	58 
Size:	23.0 KB 
ID:	178532

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	000211.png 
Views:	58 
Size:	71.6 KB 
ID:	178533

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	000212.png 
Views:	58 
Size:	150.4 KB 
ID:	178534
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  8. Posts : 13,550
    Windows 10 (Pro and Insider Pro)
       25 Feb 2018 #127

    Edwin said: View Post
    K, this is disappointing:

    The Microsoft Reader App has been discontinued but, you can still install it just so they can let you know that Edge is 'the new kid on the block' for pdf viewing!?!?!?
    C'mon MS!!!

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	000208.png 
Views:	59 
Size:	20.6 KB 
ID:	178531

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	000209.png 
Views:	58 
Size:	23.0 KB 
ID:	178532

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	000211.png 
Views:	58 
Size:	71.6 KB 
ID:	178533

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	000212.png 
Views:	58 
Size:	150.4 KB 
ID:	178534
    noticed that on my Lenovo Miix with FCU
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  9. Posts : 20,220
    Windows 10 Home 64bit
       25 Feb 2018 #128

    Edwin said: View Post
    K, this is disappointing:

    The Microsoft Reader App has been discontinued but, you can still install it just so they can let you know that Edge is 'the new kid on the block' for pdf viewing!?!?!?
    C'mon MS!!!

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	000208.png 
Views:	59 
Size:	20.6 KB 
ID:	178531

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	000209.png 
Views:	58 
Size:	23.0 KB 
ID:	178532

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	000211.png 
Views:	58 
Size:	71.6 KB 
ID:	178533

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	000212.png 
Views:	58 
Size:	150.4 KB 
ID:	178534
    Presumably it has to be in the store for support on older versions but they could tell you in the store.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  10.    25 Feb 2018 #129

    kado897 said: View Post
    Presumably it has to be in the store for support on older versions but they could tell you in the store.
    Well, it got killed on my older version lappy and now I can't get rid of the old icon either!

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	000236.png 
Views:	70 
Size:	70.5 KB 
ID:	178535
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 
Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast

Related Threads
UPDATE 3/7: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Skip Ahead Build 17618 - Mar. 7 Insider - Windows 10 Forums UPDATE 3/6: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Fast Build 17115 - Mar. 6 Insider - Windows 10 Forums 963919177181360128 ...
UPDATE 9/22: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Fast Build 16296 for PC Insider - Windows 10 Forums 910700796425072640 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16294 for PC - Windows Experience Blog
Update Sept. 12th: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16288 PC 15250 Mobile Insider - Windows 10 Forums 903739865380020225 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16281 for PC - Windows Experience Blog How to...
Source 605240532932169728
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 20:55.
Find Us