Windows 10: Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 17101 Fast + 17604 Skip Ahead Feb. 14 Insider

Page 46 of 55 FirstFirst ... 364445464748 ... LastLast

  1. Posts : 3,232
    Windows 10 Pro x64 v1803 Build 17134.137 (Branch: RS4 Release Preview)
       26 Feb 2018 #450

    ThrashZone said: View Post
    Hi,
    Most people forgot about win-8 shortly after release :)
    kado897 said: View Post
    Exactly.:)

    Hahha, I upgraded 7 to 8 and reverted straight back to 7. It was a horrible OS. When 8.1 came out I upgraded to that and stuck with it. Never had any issues with that one.
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  2. Posts : 19,754
    Windows 10 Home 64bit
       26 Feb 2018 #451

    CountMike said: View Post
    Except Hipsyipsy.
    I was just thinking that myself.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3.    26 Feb 2018 #452

    Barman58 said: View Post
    Really lights your fire, does it ?
    The time to hesitate is through though, no need to wallow in the mire, let's drop these boring builds and take the OS higher.

    Sorry.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4.    26 Feb 2018 #453

    lx07 said: View Post
    The time to hesitate is through though, no need to wallow in the mire, let's drop these boring builds and take the OS higher.

    Sorry.
    Now set it to music and you'd be right on.
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  5. Posts : 1,694
    Windows 10 and windows insider
       26 Feb 2018 #454

    slicendice said: View Post
    Hahha, I upgraded 7 to 8 and reverted straight back to 7. It was a horrible OS. When 8.1 came out I upgraded to that and stuck with it. Never had any issues with that one.
    Agree 100 %. Never understood all the belly-aching over 8.1. I still use it on one computer and never does it crash.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  6. Posts : 14,252
    Windows 10 Pro
       26 Feb 2018 #455

    kado897 said: View Post
    Ah I'd forgotten about 8.1. Like most other people.
    CountMike said: View Post
    Except Hipsyipsy.
    slicendice said: View Post
    Hahha, I upgraded 7 to 8 and reverted straight back to 7. It was a horrible OS. When 8.1 came out I upgraded to that and stuck with it. Never had any issues with that one.
    I was extremely happy with Windows 8, especially Windows 8.1. Never had any real issues, OS was looking good, flexible and adjustable. If you wanted you could make it look and feel exactly as Windows 7. I didn't do that, for me the user interface was well working, clear and easy to understand.

    I have to admit I liked Vista, too. It worked like a dream for me. Something that might explain why I belong to minority that in fact liked both Vista and Windows 8 could be the fact that I do not use any tweakers, optimizers, cleaners and other snake-oil products. I let Windows take care of itself, only using Windows native tools to maintain and customize it.

    Kari
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  7. Posts : 1,694
    Windows 10 and windows insider
       26 Feb 2018 #456

    Kari said: View Post
    I was extremely happy with Windows 8, especially Windows 8.1. Never had any real issues, OS was looking good, flexible and adjustable. If you wanted you could make it look and feel exactly as Windows 7. I didn't do that, for me the user interface was well working, clear and easy to understand.

    I have to admit I liked Vista, too. It worked like a dream for me. Something that might explain why I belong to minority that in fact liked both Vista and Windows 8 could be the fact that I do not use any tweakers, optimizers, cleaners and other snake-oil products. I let Windows take care of itself, only using Windows native tools to maintain and customize it.

    Kari
    yes, I too liked Vista. So many outcries about it. I couldn’t understand. I felt it was leaps and bounds above win xp.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  8.    26 Feb 2018 #457

    Hi,

    yes, I too liked Vista. So many outcries about it. I couldn’t understand. I felt it was leaps and bounds above win xp.
    Too many bells and whistles to my taste.
    I'm more of a mean and lean W7 guy for a desktop OS.
    Happy with W10 even though I really have no use for most of these apps it comes with it is a step beyond what W7 can do for sure.

    Cheers,
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  9.    26 Feb 2018 #458

    I didn't have much experience with Vista, just didn't have good enough HW for it. By the time I upgraded computer W7 was in although tried it on an Athlon single core and it didn't work any worse than XP. in couple of month I scored a late beta W7 and switched over.
    Similarly I run so much maligned Millenium without any problems. W8 I tried and alpha version but it was too bad to use even as second OS. First RTM of W8 was good enough and after a while it became main OS, 8.1 was even better but short lived as W10 became available. Run every single insider build and still on Skippy. W7 I still have in dual BOOT for several reasons. As a "spare", for games working only on it and to save space on W10 disk. Wish I could run XP too.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  10.    26 Feb 2018 #459

    fdegrove said: View Post
    Too many bells and whistles to my taste.
    I'm more of a mean and lean W7 guy for a desktop OS.
    I have never seen Vista. Did it have more fluff than 7?
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 
Page 46 of 55 FirstFirst ... 364445464748 ... LastLast

Related Threads
UPDATE 11/22: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Fast+Skip Build 17046 for PC Insider - Windows 10 Forums 931221002532503552 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 17040 for PC - Windows Experience Blog
UPDATE 11/16: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Fast+Skip Ahead Build 17040 for PC Insider - Windows 10 Forums 928321775498170368 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 17035 for PC - Windows Experience Blog
913162233252892672 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 17004 for PC (Skip Ahead) - Windows Experience Blog How to Start or Stop Receiving Insider Builds in Windows 10
UPDATE: 9/27: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Skip Ahead Build 17004 for PC Insider - Windows 10 Forums 908013519697616896 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16362 for PC (Skip Ahead) - Windows Experience Blog
903302171319427076 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16353 for PC (Skip Ahead) - Windows Experience Blog How to Start or Stop Receiving Insider Builds in Windows 10 How to Choose Your Insider Ring Level on your...
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:43.
Find Us