Windows 10: Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 17101 Fast + 17604 Skip Ahead Feb. 14 Insider

Page 38 of 55 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast

  1. Posts : 1,534
    WinX Pro x64 IP current
       23 Feb 2018 #370

    In fact, it also shows on 90% of all apps on Processes tab - apps that are actively running lol.
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  2. Posts : 13,120
    Windows 10 (Pro and Insider Pro)
       23 Feb 2018 #371

    johngalt said: View Post
    In fact, it also shows on 90% of all apps on Processes tab - apps that are actively running lol.
    Sorry, just saw, I'm in wrong thread... but: 0 suspended means "not suspended". 1 suspended would read "it is suspended"
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  3. Posts : 1,534
    WinX Pro x64 IP current
       23 Feb 2018 #372

    It shows 1 Suspended. I have that in front of Cortana

    (And a few others)
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  4. Posts : 13,120
    Windows 10 (Pro and Insider Pro)
       23 Feb 2018 #373

    johngalt said: View Post
    It shows 1 Suspended. I have that in front of Cortana
    I have very few suspended: (and Cortana should be suspended

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.png 
Views:	69 
Size:	10.6 KB 
ID:	178322
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5.    24 Feb 2018 #374

    AndreTen said: View Post
    Sorry, just saw, I'm in wrong thread... but: 0 suspended means "not suspended". 1 suspended would read "it is suspended"
    0 Suspended is not binary number here, it just means that none are suspended, 1 suspended would mean that one instance (thread) is suspended but when I look at mine that none are really suspended although some are. In Startup tab, when I open it first time, for a split second shows old way, Enabled or Disabled.
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  6. Posts : 13,120
    Windows 10 (Pro and Insider Pro)
       24 Feb 2018 #375

    CountMike said: View Post
    0 Suspended is not binary number here, it just means that none are suspended, 1 suspended would mean that one instance (thread) is suspended but when I look at mine that none are really suspended although some are. In Startup tab, when I open it first time, for a split second shows old way, Enabled or Disabled.
    Good point. Wasn't aware of that. Edge has 5 suspended. And hasn't been run since yesterday..

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.png 
Views:	46 
Size:	2.4 KB 
ID:	178402
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  7.    24 Feb 2018 #376

    I was wrong, I have few suspended processes but in startup it's still wrong.
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  8. Posts : 3,232
    Windows 10 Pro x64 v1803 Build 17134.137 (Branch: RS4 Release Preview)
       24 Feb 2018 #377

    I once again tried to upgrade my Skip Ahead build 17083 to 17604 by first disabling the hiberfile completely, but no luck there. I still get SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED during first reboot phase.

    Seems the issue is something common, not fast startup related, in builds 17093, 17101 and 17604, since none of those install (with nor without hiberfile enabled), but 17107 installs without issues.
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  9. Posts : 1,534
    WinX Pro x64 IP current
       24 Feb 2018 #378

    slicendice said: View Post
    I once again tried to upgrade my Skip Ahead build 17083 to 17604 by first disabling the hiberfile completely, but no luck there. I still get SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED during first reboot phase.

    Seems the issue is something common, not fast startup related, in builds 17093, 17101 and 17604, since none of those install (with nor without hiberfile enabled), but 17107 installs without issues.
    Wonder if this had something to do with your issues?

    Microsoft releases new Windows 10 preview with more proactive Windows Update | VentureBeat
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  10. Posts : 3,232
    Windows 10 Pro x64 v1803 Build 17134.137 (Branch: RS4 Release Preview)
       24 Feb 2018 #379

    johngalt said: View Post
    It could be but I doubt it is directly related to this issue in particular. One never knows though. MS is always so secretive when it comes to what they changed/fixed/broken. They only tell us all the irrelevant information and leave out all the relevant core and system related information.

    It is absolutely impossible to find the root cause and possible workarounds for issues on builds where NO debug symbols are released (which is the case for most builds).

    A record of "We changed default font size from 12px to 14px in settings app" is pretty much irrelevant information or is very obvious if one opens up the Settings up. But information like "We re-enabled a kernel feature that enables us to open ELF binaries natively" is very relevant, since it is not obvious and such drastic changes can cause a lot of misbehavior because of all the newly enabled code loops.
      My ComputersSystem Spec


 
Page 38 of 55 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast

Related Threads
UPDATE 11/22: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Fast+Skip Build 17046 for PC Insider - Windows 10 Forums 931221002532503552 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 17040 for PC - Windows Experience Blog
UPDATE 11/16: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Fast+Skip Ahead Build 17040 for PC Insider - Windows 10 Forums 928321775498170368 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 17035 for PC - Windows Experience Blog
913162233252892672 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 17004 for PC (Skip Ahead) - Windows Experience Blog How to Start or Stop Receiving Insider Builds in Windows 10
UPDATE: 9/27: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Skip Ahead Build 17004 for PC Insider - Windows 10 Forums 908013519697616896 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16362 for PC (Skip Ahead) - Windows Experience Blog
903302171319427076 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16353 for PC (Skip Ahead) - Windows Experience Blog How to Start or Stop Receiving Insider Builds in Windows 10 How to Choose Your Insider Ring Level on your...
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:45.
Find Us