Windows 10: Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 17101 Fast + 17604 Skip Ahead Feb. 14 Insider

Page 37 of 55 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast

  1. Posts : 13,761
    Windows 10 Pro
       23 Feb 2018 #360

    cereberus said: View Post
    I do not think OP meant he did the powershell execution policy change for powercfg but just as one of first things he does with a new installation which is why I queried if it is a good idea.
    OK. In that case, you can leave execution policy always as restricted and in PowerShell run scripts with following command, always bypassing current policy:

    powershell.exe -executionpolicy bypass [ScriptPath\ScriptName.ps1]

    This runs script regardless of current policy. In my case, variable $Scripts points to my scripts folder, I could for instance run my CreateUSB.ps1 script (tutorial) to create W10 USB install media with following command, even if my execution policy would be set to Restricted:

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.png 
Views:	2 
Size:	131.5 KB 
ID:	178251

    To make it even easier, I could run following command:

    & [ScriptPath\ScriptName.ps1] -ExecutionPolicy Bypass

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.png 
Views:	95 
Size:	50.0 KB 
ID:	178253

    The difference is, the first command can be run from both Command Prompt, PowerShell and RUN dialog, whereas the latter needs to be run from PowerShell.

    Kari
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2.   My ComputersSystem Spec

  3.    23 Feb 2018 #362

    "There won't be a Skip Ahead build for this week."

    Dona Sarkar (@donasarkar) | Twitter
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4.    23 Feb 2018 #363

    Thight as much but skippy started moving too:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.png 
Views:	1 
Size:	18.7 KB 
ID:	178304
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  5. Posts : 1,471
    WinX Pro x64 IP current
       23 Feb 2018 #364

    Searched the OP and didn't see this mentioned anywhere. Not sure if it applies to both builds, as I only have build 17604 on both of my machines.

    Task manager --> Startup tab shows all items as 0 Suspended, but I can still enable or disable them (just can't tell which is which without right-clicking on each item).

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WinX IP 17604 #2 Task Manager Startup tab idiosyncrasy.PNG 
Views:	2 
Size:	42.7 KB 
ID:	178318

    This is occurring on both laptop and desktop.

    Anyone else seeing this?

    EDIT: Added the following:

    Reported to Feedback hub, and it is already there, and reports from both builds showing the same thing, so it looks like it affected both builds. The 17101 users upgrading to 17107 now may have this fixed. Here's to hoping us Skip Ahead folks get a new build soon.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  6.    23 Feb 2018 #365

    johngalt said: View Post
    Searched the OP and didn't see this mentioned anywhere. Not sure if it applies to both builds, as I only have build 17604 on both of my machines.

    Task manager --> Startup tab shows all items as 0 Suspended, but I can still enable or disable them (just can't tell which is which without right-clicking on each item).

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WinX IP 17604 #2 Task Manager Startup tab idiosyncrasy.PNG 
Views:	2 
Size:	42.7 KB 
ID:	178318

    This is occurring on both laptop and desktop.

    Anyone else seeing this?
    Now when you mentioned it, yes, 17604. Everything I allowed tor run is running.
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  7. Posts : 1,471
    WinX Pro x64 IP current
       23 Feb 2018 #366

    Added more to my post above.
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  8. Posts : 11,887
    Windows 10 (Pro and Insider Pro)
       23 Feb 2018 #367

    johngalt said: View Post
    Searched the OP and didn't see this mentioned anywhere. Not sure if it applies to both builds, as I only have build 17604 on both of my machines.

    Task manager --> Startup tab shows all items as 0 Suspended, but I can still enable or disable them (just can't tell which is which without right-clicking on each item).

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WinX IP 17604 #2 Task Manager Startup tab idiosyncrasy.PNG 
Views:	2 
Size:	42.7 KB 
ID:	178318

    This is occurring on both laptop and desktop.

    Anyone else seeing this?

    EDIT: Added the following:

    Reported to Feedback hub, and it is already there, and reports from both builds showing the same thing, so it looks like it affected both builds. The 17101 users upgrading to 17107 now may have this fixed. Here's to hoping us Skip Ahead folks get a new build soon.
    It's at least one build old news. Suspended doesn't mean allowed to start, but suspended as process. It's in process tab too

    Edit: it's fixed in 17107. Not showing suspened anymore in Start up tab, but enabled...

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.png 
Views:	1 
Size:	23.3 KB 
ID:	178320
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  • Posts : 1,471
    WinX Pro x64 IP current
       23 Feb 2018 #368

    AndreTen said: View Post
    It's at least one build old news. Suspended doesn't mean allowed to start, but suspended as process. It's in process tab too

    Edit: it's fixed in 17107. Not showing suspened anymore in Start up tab, but enabled...

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.png 
Views:	1 
Size:	23.3 KB 
ID:	178320
    I know what suspended means, but it is not supposed to show on the startup tab at all in the first place.
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  • Posts : 11,887
    Windows 10 (Pro and Insider Pro)
       23 Feb 2018 #369

    johngalt said: View Post
    I know what suspended means, but it is not supposed to show on the startup tab at all in the first place.
    exactly, so I added, that it's fixed. It was there in previous Fast build too
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  •  
    Page 37 of 55 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast

    Related Threads
    UPDATE 11/22: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Fast+Skip Build 17046 for PC Insider - Windows 10 Forums 931221002532503552 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 17040 for PC - Windows Experience Blog
    UPDATE 11/16: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Fast+Skip Ahead Build 17040 for PC Insider - Windows 10 Forums 928321775498170368 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 17035 for PC - Windows Experience Blog
    913162233252892672 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 17004 for PC (Skip Ahead) - Windows Experience Blog How to Start or Stop Receiving Insider Builds in Windows 10
    UPDATE: 9/27: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Skip Ahead Build 17004 for PC Insider - Windows 10 Forums 908013519697616896 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16362 for PC (Skip Ahead) - Windows Experience Blog
    903302171319427076 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16353 for PC (Skip Ahead) - Windows Experience Blog How to Start or Stop Receiving Insider Builds in Windows 10 How to Choose Your Insider Ring Level on your...
    Our Sites
    Site Links
    About Us
    Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

    © Designer Media Ltd
    All times are GMT -5. The time now is 16:27.
    Find Us