Windows 10: Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 17101 Fast + 17604 Skip Ahead Feb. 14 Insider

Page 35 of 55 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast
  1. f14tomcat's Avatar
    Posts : 37,015
    Triple boot - Win 10 Pro, Win 10 Pro Insider (2) - (and a sprinkling of VMs)
       22 Feb 2018 #340

    Someone probably posted this already, but worth repeating. Powercfg -h off deletes the hiberfil.sys file, and therefore renders Fast Startup a non-option. Fast Startup requires the hyberfil.sys file. It will not even appear as a check-able option, nor will Hibernate show as a check-able option or appear in the list of options in win+X Shutdown. And, you will regain 8-12GB of HDD/SSD space.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  2. ThrashZone's Avatar
    Posts : 3,826
    3-Win-7Prox64 2-Win10Prox64
       22 Feb 2018 #341

    Hi,
    lol yeah my first action usually with cmd :)
    Code:
    Powercfg -h off
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  3. AndreTen's Avatar
    Posts : 14,610
    Windows 10 (Pro and Insider Pro)
       22 Feb 2018 #342

    f14tomcat said: View Post
    Someone probably posted this already, but worth repeating. Powercfg -h off deletes the hiberfil.sys file, and therefore renders Fast Startup a non-option. Fast Startup requires the hyberfil.sys file. It will not even appear as a check-able option, nor will Hibernate show as a check-able option or appear in the list of options in win+X Shutdown. And, you will regain 8-12GB of HDD/SSD space.
    And hibernation is something you usually want with laptop. That's why I leave it on on my laptop...
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  4. f14tomcat's Avatar
    Posts : 37,015
    Triple boot - Win 10 Pro, Win 10 Pro Insider (2) - (and a sprinkling of VMs)
       22 Feb 2018 #343

    AndreTen said: View Post
    And hibernation is something you usually want with laptop. That's why I leave it on on my laptop...
    Same here. Laptops are a bit different, least mine is (SP3). Closing the lid for it to "sleep" actually hibernates it, so fast startup manually un-checked and hiberfil.sys still there. Consistent Inconsistency! :)
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  5. ThrashZone's Avatar
    Posts : 3,826
    3-Win-7Prox64 2-Win10Prox64
       22 Feb 2018 #344

    Hi,
    Only on low battery power %.
    Plugged in Off :)
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  6. f14tomcat's Avatar
    Posts : 37,015
    Triple boot - Win 10 Pro, Win 10 Pro Insider (2) - (and a sprinkling of VMs)
       22 Feb 2018 #345

    ThrashZone said: View Post
    Hi,
    Only on low battery power %.
    Plugged in Off :)
    Actually, it's the wife's lappy, so that's a very real possibility! Her typical surfing session:

    1. open Chrome (her choice, not mine) to main search screen.
    2. type search, enter, no not what she wanted.
    3. close Chrome.

    repeat 1-3 until she's happy.

    think of something else to go after......

    repeat 1-3 until she's happy.

    battery: 98-94-92-89............43-39-32-26-beep!
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  7. ThrashZone's Avatar
    Posts : 3,826
    3-Win-7Prox64 2-Win10Prox64
       22 Feb 2018 #346

    Hi,
    lol then the question what are those beep warnings :)
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  8. f14tomcat's Avatar
    Posts : 37,015
    Triple boot - Win 10 Pro, Win 10 Pro Insider (2) - (and a sprinkling of VMs)
       22 Feb 2018 #347

    ThrashZone said: View Post
    Hi,
    lol then the question what are those beep warnings :)
    Actually a big popup saying "Feed me!!!"
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  9. Wynona's Avatar
    Posts : 21,447
    Windows 10 Skip Ahead Preview Build 18219
       22 Feb 2018 #348

    f14tomcat said: View Post
    Someone probably posted this already, but worth repeating. Powercfg -h off deletes the hiberfil.sys file, and therefore renders Fast Startup a non-option. Fast Startup requires the hyberfil.sys file. It will not even appear as a check-able option, nor will Hibernate show as a check-able option or appear in the list of options in win+X Shutdown. And, you will regain 8-12GB of HDD/SSD space.
    I didn't know that, TC, so I checked and sho' 'nuff, they wuzn't thar!
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  10. Wynona's Avatar
    Posts : 21,447
    Windows 10 Skip Ahead Preview Build 18219
       22 Feb 2018 #349

    AndreTen said: View Post
    And hibernation is something you usually want with laptop. That's why I leave it on on my laptop...
    Nope, nope, nope! Hybernate presents too many problems in my estimation, so I never let it enable.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 
Page 35 of 55 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast

Related Threads
UPDATE 11/22: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Fast+Skip Build 17046 for PC Insider - Windows 10 Forums 931221002532503552 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 17040 for PC - Windows Experience Blog
UPDATE 11/16: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Fast+Skip Ahead Build 17040 for PC Insider - Windows 10 Forums 928321775498170368 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 17035 for PC - Windows Experience Blog
913162233252892672 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 17004 for PC (Skip Ahead) - Windows Experience Blog How to Start or Stop Receiving Insider Builds in Windows 10
UPDATE: 9/27: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Skip Ahead Build 17004 for PC Insider - Windows 10 Forums 908013519697616896 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16362 for PC (Skip Ahead) - Windows Experience Blog
903302171319427076 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16353 for PC (Skip Ahead) - Windows Experience Blog How to Start or Stop Receiving Insider Builds in Windows 10 How to Choose Your Insider Ring Level on your...
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:35.
Find Us