Windows 10: Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 17101 Fast + 17604 Skip Ahead Feb. 14 Insider

Page 34 of 55 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast
  1.    22 Feb 2018 #330

    [QUOTE=chrisn;1303087]
    linw said: View Post
    Intel HD Graphics display dvr

    For info, driver was ver 10.18.10.4358 dated 12-21-2015, or, for people like me, 21-12-2015! The new version was 4885, Nov 2017.


    Attachment 178151


    The newest (as yet) is 23.20.16.4958 dated 2018-02-14 (via WU)
    Not for my hardware, it seems. I notice your device has 530 on the end. Guess this is a newer/different version from mine.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  2. Posts : 17,662
    Windows 10 Home 64bit
       22 Feb 2018 #331

    CountMike said: View Post
    It's pretty stagnant in Buildfeed, Skippy has only one newer build and Fast is a bit further ahead. Looks like next build will be only for normal Fast ring and Skippy might have to wait a while. That's even more likely if you take into account that RTM is getting closer.
    Attachment 178170
    First we have to wait for Dona say "No new builds today" as that's usually sure sign new build is coming soon.
    Perhaps they've been thrown into confusion by the unexpected holiday on Monday.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3.    22 Feb 2018 #332

    Wynona said: View Post
    Another solution from a member guru trying to help me privately; from the menu, right click Windows PowerShell then click Run as Administrator. When it comes up, type in the following command Powercfg -h off. This will disable both hibernation and Fast Startup.


    I was having a problem with my Acer Spin laptop shutting off while in sleep mode. I had Fast Start turned off so I didn't think that that was the problem. Last night I decided to try your suggestion to run Powercfg -h off and that solved my problem. I left my laptop in sleep mode over night and when I tried it this morning my laptop was still in sleep mode and woke as soon as opened it up. I have tried it several times after that and each time the computer stayed running.
    Last edited by Winuser; 22 Feb 2018 at 15:03.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4.    22 Feb 2018 #333

    kado897 said: View Post
    Perhaps they've been thrown into confusion by the unexpected holiday on Monday.
    What was it, a Family Day ? A friend from Florida congratulated me.
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  5. Posts : 32,454
    Triple boot - Win 10 Pro, Win 10 Pro Insider (2) - (and a sprinkling of VMs)
       22 Feb 2018 #334

    kado897 said: View Post
    Perhaps they've been thrown into confusion by the unexpected holiday on Monday.
    #330
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  6. Posts : 600
    WINDOWS 10 Pro x64 builds 17134.1, 17650.1001, 16299.371
       22 Feb 2018 #335

    Winuser said: View Post
    I was having a problem with my Acer Spin laptop shutting off while in sleep mode. I had Fast Start turned off so I didn't think that that was the problem. Last night I decided to try your suggestion to run Powercfg -h off and that solved my problem. I left my laptop in sleep mode over night and when I tried it this morning my laptop was still in sleep mode and woke as soon as opened it up. I have tried it several times after that that and each time the computer stayed running.
    But in which build? remember that in this thread there are two builds, apparently that solution works only in build 17101 but not in 17604.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  7.    22 Feb 2018 #336

    LEOPEVA64 said: View Post
    But in which build? remember that in this thread there are two builds, apparently that solution works only in build 17101 but not in 17604.

    It happened in both builds. It also was happening on earlier Insider builds. On the OEM and FCU builds sleep worked ok.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  8. Posts : 600
    WINDOWS 10 Pro x64 builds 17134.1, 17650.1001, 16299.371
       22 Feb 2018 #337

    Winuser said: View Post
    It happened in both builds. It also was happening on earlier Insider builds. On the OEM and FCU builds sleep worked ok.
    But my question was in which of the two builds the sleep problem was fixed with "Powercfg -h off", or in both? If so, are you completely sure that that command also fixed the sleep problem in build 17604?
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  • Posts : 786
    Windows 10 Pro x64
       22 Feb 2018 #338

    LEOPEVA64 said: View Post
    But my question was in which of the two builds the sleep problem was fixed with "Powercfg -h off", or in both? If so, are you completely sure that that command also fixed the sleep problem in build 17604?
    It fixed my 17604 (desktop), but not 17101 (battery powered, Surface Book 2).
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  •    22 Feb 2018 #339

    LEOPEVA64 said: View Post
    But my question was in which of the two builds the sleep problem was fixed with "Powercfg -h off", or in both? If so, are you completely sure that that command also fixed the sleep problem in build 17604?
    My laptop is on build 17604 and running Powercfg -h off definitely worked for me. If I had a spare drive I would try this fix on 17101.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  •  
    Page 34 of 55 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast

    Related Threads
    UPDATE 11/22: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Fast+Skip Build 17046 for PC Insider - Windows 10 Forums 931221002532503552 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 17040 for PC - Windows Experience Blog
    UPDATE 11/16: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Fast+Skip Ahead Build 17040 for PC Insider - Windows 10 Forums 928321775498170368 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 17035 for PC - Windows Experience Blog
    913162233252892672 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 17004 for PC (Skip Ahead) - Windows Experience Blog How to Start or Stop Receiving Insider Builds in Windows 10
    UPDATE: 9/27: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Skip Ahead Build 17004 for PC Insider - Windows 10 Forums 908013519697616896 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16362 for PC (Skip Ahead) - Windows Experience Blog
    903302171319427076 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16353 for PC (Skip Ahead) - Windows Experience Blog How to Start or Stop Receiving Insider Builds in Windows 10 How to Choose Your Insider Ring Level on your...
    Our Sites
    Site Links
    About Us
    Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

    Designer Media Ltd
    All times are GMT -5. The time now is 16:26.
    Find Us