Windows 10: Cumulative Update KB4058258 Windows 10 v1709 Build 16299.214 - Jan. 31

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
  1.    3 Weeks Ago #51

    My version is now 16299.214.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2.    3 Weeks Ago #52

    IUTLPS said: View Post
    Hello
    I have an installation problem with the new update KB4058258. The error is 0X80073715.
    Same issue with olds KB4073291 or KB4056892. Only the KB4056892 Delta worked and the previous cumulative patch too.

    I have downloaded this updates manually after KB4050258 failed with WU.
    I have tried by installing the MSU file and the CAB file with DISM.
    I have tried troubleshooter, deleted Softwaredistribution folder, removed Kaspersky, removed Virtualbox, updated drivers, restarted computer, SFC and DISM checks (no errors).

    Someone have an idea ?

    Here is an extract of the CBS.LOG.
    2018-02-02 11:36:54, Info CBS Not able to add pending.xml to Windows Error Report. [HRESULT = 0x80070002 - ERROR_FILE_NOT_FOUND]
    2018-02-02 11:36:54, Info CBS Not able to add pending.xml.bad to Windows Error Report. [HRESULT = 0x80070002 - ERROR_FILE_NOT_FOUND]
    2018-02-02 11:36:54, Info CBS Not able to add SCM.EVM to Windows Error Report. [HRESULT = 0x80070002 - ERROR_FILE_NOT_FOUND]
    2018-02-02 11:36:55, Error CSI 0000000b (F) STATUS_SXS_MANIFEST_IDENTITY_SAME_BUT_CONTENTS_DIFFERENT #520257# from CCSDirectTransaction::OperateEnding at index 8 of 256 operations, disposition 2[gle=0xd015001c]
    2018-02-02 11:36:55, Error CSI 0000000c (F) HRESULT_FROM_WIN32(ERROR_SXS_MANIFEST_IDENTITY_SAME_BUT_CONTENTS_DIFFERENT) #512447# from Windows::ServicingAPI::CCSITransaction::ICSITransaction2_AddComponents(Flags = 4, a = @0x25115c5b090, mp = @0x25115c5b890, disp = 0)[gle=0x80073715]
    2018-02-02 11:36:55, Info CBS Failed to add one or more deployment [HRESULT = 0x80073715 - ERROR_SXS_MANIFEST_IDENTITY_SAME_BUT_CONTENTS_DIFFERENT]
    2018-02-02 11:36:55, Info CBS Failed to bulk stage deployment manifest and pin deployment for package:Package_1859_for_KB4058258~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~10.0.1.17 [HRESULT = 0x80073715 - ERROR_SXS_MANIFEST_IDENTITY_SAME_BUT_CONTENTS_DIFFERENT]
    2018-02-02 11:36:55, Info CBS CommitPackagesState: Started persisting state of packages
    2018-02-02 11:36:55, Info CBS CommitPackagesState: Completed persisting state of packages
    2018-02-02 11:36:55, Info CSI 0000000d@2018/2/2:10:36:55.692 CSI Transaction @0x25118e1f420 destroyed
    2018-02-02 11:36:55, Info CBS Perf: Resolve chain complete.
    2018-02-02 11:36:55, Info CBS Failed to resolve execution chain. [HRESULT = 0x80073715 - ERROR_SXS_MANIFEST_IDENTITY_SAME_BUT_CONTENTS_DIFFERENT]
    2018-02-02 11:36:55, Error CBS Failed to process single phase execution. [HRESULT = 0x80073715 - ERROR_SXS_MANIFEST_IDENTITY_SAME_BUT_CONTENTS_DIFFERENT]
    2018-02-02 11:36:55, Info CBS WER: Generating failure report for package: Package_for_RollupFix~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~16299.214.1.17, status: 0x80073715, failure source: Resolve, start state: Absent, target state: Installed, client id: WindowsUpdateAgent
    2018-02-02 11:36:55, Info CBS Not able to query DisableWerReporting flag. Assuming not set... [HRESULT = 0x80070002 - ERROR_FILE_NOT_FOUND]
    I have the same problem with the update kb4058258 and the error 0X80073715.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  3. Posts : 172
    Windows 10-Pro 64bit
       3 Weeks Ago #53

    Edwin said: View Post
    Finally came through here.
    It appears that the reason some machines won't get this is:
    Provides additional protections for 32-bit (x86) versions of Windows 10, version 1709.
    The one shown is x86 (32-bit).
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  4. Posts : 3
    Windows 10 Pro
       3 Weeks Ago #54

    Hello,

    Installed it last night and all seemed well, shutdown the computer. Turned it on this morning and my main monitor wouldn't come up. I log into Windows and the ThunderboltEX 3 adapter that my main monitor is hooked up to is not showing up in the Device Manager > System Devices... It does look like its showing in the USB controller section, of course its with the little yellow triangle. Going to try checking the BIOS etc... Anyone else having TB issues?
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5.    3 Weeks Ago #55

    JMTH said: View Post
    Hello,

    Installed it last night and all seemed well, shutdown the computer. Turned it on this morning and my main monitor wouldn't come up. I log into Windows and the ThunderboltEX 3 adapter that my main monitor is hooked up to is not showing up in the Device Manager > System Devices... It does look like its showing in the USB controller section, of course its with the little yellow triangle. Going to try checking the BIOS etc... Anyone else having TB issues?
    Now is really the time to become very friendly with backing up. With all the shebang going on with Spectre & Meltdown, microcode update not working and retrieved, the only thing that can truly save one from getting trapped is to backup, backup and backup your system whenever it is working normally and before making any big change with a MS Update or any other update for that matter.
    All I am trying to say is to try to revert your system back with the last good system image backup you have made. I cannot count how many times my backup plan has saved my bacon. MR has always been my best bet when it comes to backing up.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  6. Posts : 31,211
    Triple boot - Win 10 Pro, Win 10 Pro Insider (2) - (and a sprinkling of VMs)
       3 Weeks Ago #56

    Comp Cmndo said: View Post
    It appears that the reason some machines won't get this is:
    Provides additional protections for 32-bit (x86) versions of Windows 10, version 1709.
    The one shown is x86 (32-bit).
    The KB is for 32 & 64 bit machines. But, the same caveat as in the last couple of updates applies. You may not be offered the update if your AV is not up to snuff. See release notes, page #1.


    Because of an issue that affects some versions of antivirus software, this fix applies only to computers on which the antivirus ISV updated the ALLOW REGKEY. Contact your antivirus manufacturer to verify that their software is compatible and that they have set the following REGKEY on the computer:

    Key="HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE"Subkey="SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\QualityCompat"

    Value Name="cadca5fe-87d3-4b96-b7fb-a231484277cc"

    Type="REG_DWORD”

    Data="0x00000000”
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  7.    3 Weeks Ago #57

    Hi,

    Igor Strongers said: View Post
    I have the same problem with the update kb4058258 and the error 0X80073715.
    After a restart of the machine the CU may well show as installed correctly and winver updated to .214.

    https://support.microsoft.com/en-au/...date-kb4058258





    Cheers,
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  8. Posts : 3
    Windows 10 Pro
       3 Weeks Ago #58

    IronZorg89 said: View Post
    Now is really the time to become very friendly with backing up. With all the shebang going on with Spectre & Meltdown, microcode update not working and retrieved, the only thing that can truly save one from getting trapped is to backup, backup and backup your system whenever it is working normally and before making any big change with a MS Update or any other update for that matter.
    All I am trying to say is to try to revert your system back with the last good system image backup you have made. I cannot count how many times my backup plan has saved my bacon. MR has always been my best bet when it comes to backing up.
    Heh yeah, I tried uninstalling KB4058285 first. It worked (which surprised me) and of course the TB3 card came right back. So now ill have to wait for Intel then ASUS to update the drivers yet again hehe.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  9.    3 Weeks Ago #59

    JMTH said: View Post
    Heh yeah, I tried uninstalling KB4058285 first. It worked (which surprised me) and of course the TB3 card came right back. So now ill have to wait for Intel then ASUS to update the drivers yet again hehe.
    I don't have a clue about what actions were taken on your machine before you installed KB4058258, but if you look at @Brink's article (First page):



    & @f14tomcat (post #56), some prerequisites are needed beforehand in order to install this update.
    At any rate, I am glad that uninstalling the update worked for you and that you are back on track (TB3 card came right back). Again, remember to backup...and also verify the backup is working. I always programmed my backups to "verify" right after finishing the task.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  10. Posts : 3
    Windows 10 Pro
       3 Weeks Ago #60

    IronZorg89 said: View Post
    I don't have a clue about what actions were taken on your machine before you installed KB4058258, but if you look at @Brink's article (First page):



    & @f14tomcat (post #56), some prerequisites are needed beforehand in order to install this update. In my case, I didn't have to install it since I am not concerned.
    At any rate, I am glad that uninstalling the update worked for you and that you are back on track (TB3 card came right back). Again, remember to backup...and also verify the backup is working. I always programmed my backups to "verify" right after finishing the task.
    I have an Intel processor so it did not apply. Yeah I verify hehe I use AOEMI Pro with a incremental scheduled backup. Along with iDrive on a scheduled and continuous backup. Cant have too many backups!
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Related Threads
Source: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4073290/unbootable-state-for-amd-devices-in-windows-10-version-1709 Direct download link for KB4073290 MSU file from Microsoft Update Catalog: :arrow: Download KB4073290 MSU for Windows 10...
Source: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4073291/january-18-2018-kb4073291-os-build-16299-201 Direct download link for KB4073291 MSU file from Microsoft Update Catalog: :arrow: Download KB4073291 MSU for Windows 10 v1709 32-bit (x86)...
UPDATE 12/12: Cumulative Update KB4054517 Windows 10 v1709 Build 16299.125 - Windows 10 Forums Source: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4051963/windows-10-update-kb4051963 See also: Servicing stack update KB4054022 for...
UPDATE 11/30: Cumulative Update KB4051963 Windows 10 v1709 Build 16299.98 - Windows 10 Forums Source: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4048955 163809
UPDATE 11/14: Cumulative Update KB4048955 Windows 10 v1709 Build 16299.64 - Windows 10 Forums Source: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4043961 Find Windows 10 Version Number
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:34.
Find Us