Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 17083 for PC Fast+Skip Insider

Page 11 of 41 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

  1. Posts : 2,663
    Windows 11 21H2 (22000.593)
       #100

    Lol exactly!

    PM sent....
      My Computers


  2. Posts : 1,373
    W10 21H2 19044.1387
       #101

    Update to 17083.100 went smooth, unlike the previous 2 that during "install" it would stop and begin to download again. I believe there were 2 iterations of that before install completed. This time it was sequential and completed in 59 minutes. There was a long delay at "working at updates %84" but other than that without issue. Chart showing progress for my machine doing this update. MalwareBytes not turned off and was not effected. Classic menu being used on insider builds and Libre Office.

    Just a note: After install, I do a disk cleanup, choose system files and place a check mark in every box. This has not been a problem for me. Am I living on the edge??
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 17083 for PC Fast+Skip-83.jpg  
      My Computers


  3. Posts : 607
    latest Win10 Insider build
       #102

    Yeah, as soon as I saw this, I clicked on update, and the whole thing finished in like 15 minutes. This is the fastest update I have had since the early days of insider. While I did lose sets, everything else is working very well.
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 1,936
    win 10 Insider
       #103

    Thought I would do the decent thing and respond to the Insider survey when it popped into my mailbox. 10-15 min looked fine.

    After about 15 min I was stunned to look at the gauge to see I was at 12%. Carried on and at about 30 min saw I was only at 35%. At that point I decided I had more pressing things to do with my life and heaved it.

    These pollsters always give a short answer time estimate but this was ridiculous.

    Or am I just a slow poke?

    What time is it taking you guys?
      My Computers


  5. Posts : 3,245
    Windows 10 and windows insider
       #104

    linw said:
    Thought I would do the decent thing and respond to the Insider survey when it popped into my mailbox. 10-15 min looked fine.

    After about 15 min I was stunned to look at the gauge to see I was at 12%. Carried on and at about 30 min saw I was only at 35%. At that point I decided I had more pressing things to do with my life and heaved it.

    These pollsters always give a short answer time estimate but this was ridiculous.

    Or am I just a slow poke?

    What time is it taking you guys?
    I went through questionnaire for about same amount of time. Most questions were ok but I came to one question regarding social media. I don’t do any social media. I checked other and entered none. It would not accept that answer, indicating I had to check one of the listed items, so I decided screw this and exited. Many people don’t use social media because of security issues. Microsoft needs to do a reality check.
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 1,936
    win 10 Insider
       #105

    Agree with that social media section. I just found they were getting too personal, there.
      My Computers


  7. Posts : 5,833
    Dual boot Windows 10 FCU Pro x 64 & current Insider 10 Pro
       #106

    smactilactus said:
    Yeah, as soon as I saw this, I clicked on update, and the whole thing finished in like 15 minutes. This is the fastest update I have had since the early days of insider. While I did lose sets, everything else is working very well.
    Hmm. "Like 15 minutes"? You post a nice system in your specs, but I very much doubt 15 minutes. More like an hour fifteen minutes perhaps.
      My Computers


  8. Posts : 46,432
    Windows 10 Home 64bit 21H1 and insider builds
       #107

    linw said:
    Thought I would do the decent thing and respond to the Insider survey when it popped into my mailbox. 10-15 min looked fine.

    After about 15 min I was stunned to look at the gauge to see I was at 12%. Carried on and at about 30 min saw I was only at 35%. At that point I decided I had more pressing things to do with my life and heaved it.

    These pollsters always give a short answer time estimate but this was ridiculous.

    Or am I just a slow poke?

    What time is it taking you guys?
    I did it too and gave up the first time. You have to be careful of your answers or they will keep putting up new questions.
      My Computer


  9. Posts : 5,833
    Dual boot Windows 10 FCU Pro x 64 & current Insider 10 Pro
       #108

    linw said:
    Thought I would do the decent thing and respond to the Insider survey when it popped into my mailbox. 10-15 min looked fine.

    After about 15 min I was stunned to look at the gauge to see I was at 12%. Carried on and at about 30 min saw I was only at 35%. At that point I decided I had more pressing things to do with my life and heaved it.

    These pollsters always give a short answer time estimate but this was ridiculous.

    Or am I just a slow poke?

    What time is it taking you guys?
    I agree. It took me way longer than they stated. More like a half hour. I made it through, though. A chance at a $1.5k gift card to win would be nice I must say. :)
      My Computers


  10. Posts : 7,128
    Windows 10 Pro Insider
       #109

    Tony K said:
    I agree. It took me way longer than they stated. More like a half hour. I made it through, though. A chance at a $1.5k gift card to win would be nice I must say. :)
    If it wasn't for the gift card I would have stopped about half way through.
      My Computers


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:08.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums